Archived Who do I talk to if something smells like mold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrisonMike

Beauty Team Drop Out
This is a pretty odd question, I know. But the entire aisle full of cleaning supplies reeks of intense mold to the point of feeling sick.

There's a wet floor sign so something might've been spilled?

Who do I talk to about this, or should I even worry about it?

Your tl, etl or lod.

What @Hardlinesmaster said and your PMT will end up having to tear the gondola apart to figure it out lol.

A couple months ago we had a gondola randomly start “leaking” vinegar. Turns out at some point a jug of vinegar leaked into the channels of the base deck and it sat there for who knows how long until it ate away what ever was containing it. That ended up being quite the project.

Don’t get me started on the leaking dog food incident :(

I shudder to think what the remodel teams are finding now that they're moving around grocery.

My store is experiencing this leg of our remodel now and so far they've found a couple 3x5 sale signs from years ago and one jar of mayonnaise under a base deck that expired in 2012.

In another part of the store I heard they found a hidden cache of clearance makeup so old that I didn't recognize the type of tags on the items, and I've been working there for 8 years. Lol

Been there before.... only it was with cat food. Apparently one of the cans in a multi pack broke open in shipment and we had to figure out which package it was. Worst smell I've ever experienced!
The Rachel Ray Nutrish wet dog food multipacks leaking have resulted in guest complaints about smells at our store. Closely followed by the Ceaser’s wet dog food containers when accidentally punctured by flow team peeps who ignore the “do not open with sharp object” warning on the box.

Been there before.... only it was with cat food. Apparently one of the cans in a multi pack broke open in shipment and we had to figure out which package it was. Worst smell I've ever experienced!

Had this happen a few weeks ago with one of the multipacks of Caesar. I had smelled something off in the general direction of pets but couldn't pinpoint it. Thankfully a day or two later a guest told me it smelled over by the pet food cooler and that got me close enough to sniff it out.

Thankfully it was only one container, it hadn't yet leaked and was only a little wiggly.

Do not pass go, straight to the compactor.

30+ leaky boxes of baby food pouches came out of the depths of the back room... had to put on gloves because half the boxes were covered in mold and unidentifiable goop. Put plastic sheeting down before defecting those suckers out so that the guest service desk wouldn’t be a mess, since the system wouldn’t let me QMOS. Gave the dog food a run for its money in stench and gag-reflex triggering.

30+ leaky boxes of baby food pouches came out of the depths of the back room... had to put on gloves because half the boxes were covered in mold and unidentifiable goop. Put plastic sheeting down before defecting those suckers out so that the guest service desk wouldn’t be a mess, since the system wouldn’t let me QMOS. Gave the dog food a run for its money in stench and gag-reflex triggering.

Weak.

Minus points for BR not catching that too. And your punishment is picking up the next human turd dropped on the salesfloor.

And your punishment is picking up the next human turd dropped on the salesfloor.
Been there done that, unfortunately. LOD was the only ERT trained person on site and they refused to handle it, but obviously it couldn’t be left sitting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back