Who else has alot of items locked up in your store?

Guests literally just rip it off the pegs they're not waiting for that bullshit
LITERALLY!!! it pisses me off, especially when they dont even attempt to buy the item and there end up being a big ass pile of open hair appliances ruining my zone.

Isn't there some type of clear plastic reinforcement lock/latch/thingy-magiger, that latches on the loop to help with this issue? ive seen them laying around at the boat. Any one know what im taking about and has an actual name for them?

Cosmetics fragrances and expensive makeup is locked up in a box and spiderwrapped, vacuums are tethered down and spider wrapped, but none have to be walked up.

Electronics has most items on a locked peg or in a locked case, and have to be walked up. If I am correct, some pet medication and stuff is spider wrapped here, but not locked. I know there's some baby stuff spider wrapped as well.

On the topic of negating sales, I have wanted to buy a keyboard from electronics before but it was on a locked peg and there wasn't anyone coming to help me. I worked until about 9pm that night and everytime I went since then when I tried it was nothing. I pressed the service button and no one with keys to it came by lol.

Why? Isn't that your job? You must white. You sound mad lazy af.
Lol I'm not white. I'm also backroom so no it isn't my job to walk items up to the lanes. If someone wants a Dyson I unlock it and give it to them and walk away

Lol what's the point of locking them up if you just give it to them?
I guess it stops people from running with the item. A theif isn't going to ask a TM for something they're going to steal, especially since that's gives the TM a good look at their face

I guess it stops people from running with the item. A theif isn't going to ask a TM for something they're going to steal, especially since that's gives the TM a good look at their face

A regular opportunist no... but most thieves who steal vacuums are not novices. They often probe the places they steal from.

"Hm at this store all I have to do is ask them to unlock the merchandise then I can take it. Will do"

If you are too lazy to take it upfront you might as well be lazy and not unlock it. I call b.s. on your story anyways you are backroom why are you opening spiderwraps?

A regular opportunist no... but most thieves who steal vacuums are not novices. They often probe the places they steal from.

"Hm at this store all I have to do is ask them to unlock the merchandise then I can take it. Will do"

If you are too lazy to take it upfront you might as well be lazy and not unlock it. I call b.s. on your story anyways you are backroom why are you opening spiderwraps?
I get stopped during flexes, RTS and SFS. That's why I don't have to walk stuff to the front if I get stopped

we recently lockes up some of the baby formula

and of course im the one with the key

we also got a case for polaroids and the film. we dont put them on locked pegs anymore because it clearly didnt stop anyone

I have seen items in cosmetics priced $60-70 not locked up, and pet medicine priced $30-40 on locked pegs. Some items in electronics spider wrapped and some of the same items not spider wrapped, it's very inconsistent in our store..... but again, so is everything else..

Vacuums get spider wrapped, then alpha'd to the ones next to & behind them as well as the shelf. Same for any coffemaker or blender over about $30. Every power toothbrush over $12.99 is spiderwrapped. Dog and cat flea/tick/etc treatments are all on locked pegs as are phone cases, and fitness trackers. Any tablet, phone, or computer is in a keyed case, same with most of the cameras, then additionally spidered and alpha'd as the need arises. Emergency contraception gets keepers. And that's just what I can remember off the top of my head!

We just started locking up 10 dollar pop sockets in razor cases in electronics...they easily just pop right off the packaging and we kept finding empty packages. We had build a special case to lock beats in. Someone ripped off a peg of cell phones as soon as I went on break.

I've seen quite a bit of inconsistency. $20 razors locked up, $30 HBA items unlocked/unwrapped, $900 television spider wrapped, $170 toothbrush open. We keep Dysons and TVs wrapped: have actually had a couple TVs go right out the door.

An elderly fellow asked AP to assist him with his purchase which he happily agreed to do and wheeled the nice lovely 60" TV on a flat right out to the car in the garage. AP was smiling and waving "goodbye! Have a wonderful day! Enjoy your new television! We love you!!" as the old man drove off into the sunset waving back through the driver's window. ~queue movie soundtrack and closing credits~.

AP's mouth fell open when he learned unfortunately the gentleman's purchase was a $3 bag of grapes.

We are casing pop sockets too.

We're putting blister clips on them and locking the pegs, but they still go missing all the time.

I've seen quite a bit of inconsistency. $20 razors locked up, $30 HBA items unlocked/unwrapped, $900 television spider wrapped, $170 toothbrush open. We keep Dysons and TVs wrapped: have actually had a couple TVs go right out the door.

Yep. There are some general trends across the regions/the nation, but stores each have different things getting taken at different speeds. Protect accordingly, I suppose.

We don't spider 99% of the items in the store but then again most people here know not to steal from a store with a ton of cameras.

I'm not walking a fucking vacuum or perfume or pet flea care up to the register so I just give it to them

Nobody is expecting you to be good at guest service anyways.

An elderly fellow asked AP to assist him with his purchase which he happily agreed to do and wheeled the nice lovely 60" TV on a flat right out to the car in the garage. AP was smiling and waving "goodbye! Have a wonderful day! Enjoy your new television! We love you!!" as the old man drove off into the sunset waving back through the driver's window. ~queue movie soundtrack and closing credits~.

AP's mouth fell open when he learned unfortunately the gentleman's purchase was a $3 bag of grapes.

What a sack of shit that old guy was.

Good guest service would be giving the guest what they want and not forcing them to follow you the front to check out an item while they are still shopping

Lmao

Or you could let them know their item will be held at guest service for them while they continue shopping.

You clearly have no idea how to properly interact with fellow humans.

Today in electronics a TM discovered someone legitimately ripped the locked pegs off in order to grab some stuff. It was left broken and in a mess and the shelf was damaged.

Just confused as to how no one heard it happening... if it happened today.

Back