Archived Who else was an internal who promoted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseyerc

GSTL
I went from cashier to cashier team trainer (not really a promotion lol) to SCO ambassador (lol) to GSA in under a year (was covering GSTL breaks and lunches from time to time about 6 months in and was recommended by the ETL-HR for GSA 3 months in) then from GSA to GSTL in 7 months. Now I'm wanting to go for srGSTL.. so let's see how that plays out! My goal is to ultimately go for STL one day and my ETL-GE and current and former ETL-HR have my full support and my ETL-GE even said themselves they see me working for corporate one day and doing great things with Target. The STL and DTL themselves have praised me a lot and the DTL shakes my hand whenever they come visit and we interact. I drive results and am very consistent in driving those results (red card quotas as #1 in the district, surveys, overall guest experience, cashier satisfaction and growth). This is my first job and I didn't even know what GSA was until my former ETL-HR brought it up and since then I was developed and worked hard to get the position. I'm only 19 and Target has made quite the impact on my life so far.

Last edited:
I went from Hardlines TM to Hardlines Trainer in about a month from hire. They offered me a TL position while I was under my 90 that I would've started after my 90, but I didn't have the availability for it. Spent about 7 months in Hardlines before promoting to AP, been a TPS ever since.

A tip that I picked up from covering at another store, if you really wanna drive those guest surveys:
Requisition a couple packs of those little Velcro squares from stationary and a bunch of highlighters, secure one highlighter to the side of each register screen. At the end of every transaction have the cashier circle or color over the survey information, and have them say something along the lines of "And if you're interested, please take a look at our survey, we'd love to hear about your experience shopping with us today." It's simple but effective, from what I've heard.

Last edited:
I went from TM -> PA -> TL -> Sr Tl over 2 years. I have enjoyed promoting upward, but the amount of training and support greatly decreased to nothing between promotions. If my ETL- salesfloor and STL were gone I think I would look more into ETL, but currently I don't think that will happen.

I went from Hardlines TM to Hardlines Trainer in about a month from hire. They offered me a TL position while I was under my 90 that I would've started after my 90, but I didn't have the availability for it. Spent about 7 months in Hardlines before promoting to AP, been a TPS ever since.

A tip that I picked up from covering at another store, if you really wanna drive those guest surveys:
Requisition a couple packs of those little Velcro squares from stationary and a bunch of highlighters, secure one highlighter to the side of each register screen. At the end of every transaction have the cashier circle or color over the survey information, and have them say something along the lines of "And if you're interested, please take a look at our survey, we'd love to hear about your experience shopping with us today." It's simple but effective, from what I've heard.

I love this idea!! Thank you very much :)

You'll need to branch out from the front-end at some point. Are you sure you want to go from GSTL to SrGSTL? Would your STL/DTL even let you?

Please excuse my ignorance, but what, other than pay, is the difference between Sr gs tl and gs tl. I have never heard of a Sr gs tl. Just curious.

You'll need to branch out from the front-end at some point. Are you sure you want to go from GSTL to SrGSTL? Would your STL/DTL even let you?
I am pretty confident that I will be ready within the next six months. I'm sure my STL/DTL see lots of potential in me to be a successful GSTL and LOD. We had a srGSTL who quit who did two GSTL shifts and three LOD shifts a week. I was told by my other GSTL that they may potentially want to train me elsewhere but that I can say that my preference is a srGSTL.

I went from cashier to cashier team trainer (not really a promotion lol) to SCO ambassador (lol) to GSA in under a year (was covering GSTL breaks and lunches from time to time about 6 months in and was recommended by the ETL-HR for GSA 3 months in) then from GSA to GSTL in 7 months. Now I'm wanting to go for srGSTL.. so let's see how that plays out! My goal is to ultimately go for STL one day and my ETL-GE and current and former ETL-HR have my full support and my ETL-GE even said themselves they see me working for corporate one day and doing great things with Target. The STL and DTL themselves have praised me a lot and the DTL shakes my hand whenever they come visit and we interact. I drive results and am very consistent in driving those results (red card quotas as #1 in the district, surveys, overall guest experience, cashier satisfaction and growth). This is my first job and I didn't even know what GSA was until my former ETL-HR brought it up and since then I was developed and worked hard to get the position. I'm only 19 and Target has made quite the impact on my life so far.
Execs 60 + hours with little to no overtime pay.

Seasonal Hardlines TM > Hardlines TM > Hardlines Trainer > Electronics > Cart Attendent > GSA > Consumables TL > Produce TL > Hardlines TL > Backroom TM (I had to cut hours) > Hardlines TL > Sr. Hardlines TL

It's safe to say I've seen it all.

Hardlines to Electronics, if that counts.

We aren't allowed to write on guest receipts at our store.

is it possible for a store to get an additional senior tl position added to the lineup? both senior positions are taken at my store and i dont see them leaving any time soon..

is it possible for a store to get an additional senior tl position added to the lineup? both senior positions are taken at my store and i dont see them leaving any time soon..
Only if your store crushes sales and moves up in the Org chart. That's pretty much the only way to increase headcount.

Only if your store crushes sales and moves up in the Org chart. That's pretty much the only way to increase headcount.

Actually lower volume stores get more seniors than higher volumes (The trade off is they have less ETLs. My last two stores had 2 senior team leads and my current has 3.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back