Archived Who else was an internal who promoted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TM (unsure of prior position) to Consumables TL. Sbux TM to TL. Hardlines to Flow TL. TL to SRTL. Price Change TM to Hardlines TL. Sales Floor, to GSA, to GSTL. That's all i can think of. :p

HL TM > electronics TM > HL TL > Sr HL TL > ETL here. I've grown a lot as a leader thanks to my great mentors and ETLs.

is it possible for a store to get an additional senior tl position added to the lineup? both senior positions are taken at my store and i dont see them leaving any time soon..
Your STL would need to get approval from your DTL. Each store has a key carrier headcount.

Seasonal Flow.....

Regular backroom/presentation TM.....

TPS....

SR TPS....

APS.....

And now SR APS being pushed towards APTL (which I don't want).
You're obviously doing something right for advancing the way you did. Team would probably have more respect for you and prefer you rather than some external hire.

You're obviously doing something right for advancing the way you did. Team would probably have more respect for you and prefer you rather than some external hire.

I dont blame him though. I am pretty certain a senior aps makes the same as an APTL with the same accruals

I believe the only difference is an APTL is an official team lead and can perform interviews and coach team members.

Last edited:
Reactions: Him
I dont blame him though. I am pretty certain a senior aps makes the same as an APTL with the same accruals

I believe the only difference is an APTL is an official team lead and can perform interviews and coach team members.
It is the same pay. I also do first interviews for TPS positions when my APTL is unavailable. While I don't have full power to coach TMs, I am allowed to coach for safety and other AP related issues.

Only way I would consider taking APTL is if they offered me the equivalent of SRTL pay grade.

It is the same pay. I also do first interviews for TPS positions when my APTL is unavailable. While I don't have full power to coach TMs, I am allowed to coach for safety and other AP related issues.

Only way I would consider taking APTL is if they offered me the equivalent of SRTL pay grade.
Well if you already making TL pay w/o the TL responsibility, then by all means, stay in your current role.

Seasonal Hardlines TM > Hardlines TM > Hardlines Trainer > Electronics > Cart Attendent > GSA > Consumables TL > Produce TL > Hardlines TL > Backroom TM (I had to cut hours) > Hardlines TL > Sr. Hardlines TL

It's safe to say I've seen it all.

What was the time frame for your transitions between Seasonal HLTM and Consumables TL?

Know of a TM that began as a cashier, went to instocks, O/N flow, promoted to GS then GSTL then loggy TL then to hardlines senior TL then to softlines senior TL - worked every position thinkable and is now an ETL that really knows how the business runs and can turn a raving lunatic guest-from-h*ll into a raving fan. When they are on, it's always a smooth running shift and the best part is they actually completely enjoy what they are doing. I can see this individual going far and is definitely deserving of the accolades they receive. If you have a sincere interest in the company and the field coupled with a good work ethic it will work out.

Know of a TM that began as a cashier, went to instocks, O/N flow, promoted to GS then GSTL then loggy TL then to hardlines senior TL then to softlines senior TL - worked every position thinkable and is now an ETL that really knows how the business runs and can turn a raving lunatic guest-from-h*ll into a raving fan. When they are on, it's always a smooth running shift and the best part is they actually completely enjoy what they are doing. I can see this individual going far and is definitely deserving of the accolades they receive. If you have a sincere interest in the company and the field coupled with a good work ethic it will work out.
I wish all Leadership would fit this mold but I guess that's all part of the "Diversity" I've been hearing ever since I started with Spot. I will say since I have been with this company, I honestly have seen A Lot of different people, cultures, etc.

Took me 4 years. I went from Grocery -> Meat -> Electronics -> HL TL -> Electronics TL. From the start, I mentioned I would be interested in moving up. Within the year they started prepping me but it never went anywhere and ended up as a meat tm instead. I kept showing interest and wanting to branch out into other work centers but no luck. (My TL at the time was the reason since he didn't want me to move up since he would lose a great tm.) Finally told a new etl I wanted to move up, he took me out of food and into electronics, since there was no TL at the time, I had to step it up and show I could handle it and manage the team, Got scores up, AAR up, everything went up. Finally got my interviews and passed. They really were impressed by the numbers I got from RED to Green and service from RED to Green (on the old surveys).

ETL is now STL. One TL is now an ETL. I've been asked several times to go for promotion but have smiled, thanked them for their offer then politely declined indicating I was happy with what I am doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back