Archived Who has a TL or ETL on Social Media?

Who has a TL or ETL on Social Media?

• Yes

Votes: 71 65.1%
  • No

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • They don't exist outside of Target

Votes: 26 23.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like polls and learning about you guys

Sooooooo who has a TL or ETL on social media?

Me, I have my GSTL on Snapchat, Electronics TL on Facebook (was so scared when I added them) and the APS on all platforms.

Last edited:
Just one. Only because they were there before being a TL.

yeah i have all (if not most) of my TLs on social media. we're all within the same age group as well so we hang out outside of work and go to bars and dinners.

The TLs/ETLs cozy up to each other on social media, posting the kool-aid inspired posts and hastags. Pretty clear to see who's thinking to move up by who's on who's list.

#fillitflexit #scrappy #fuckingkillme

I just have our DTL, Sr GSTLs from my store and a sister store, and a few sales floor team members and cashiers from my store and district on LinkedIn, but no other social media. I connected with some of them before they came into their current roles (the DTL, and some TLs) but I don't have any other leaders on any other sites. Generally, the connection request was sent to me and I accepted. I creep on some of ETLs' cringey work Twitter posts.

My old ETL HR specifically doesn't add people until after they have left the company it's just wisdom. She said if someone called out and posted a picture of them on the beach she wouldn't want to have to deal with it.

I think being friends with TLs is fine. None of us are exempt employees but I do think it's weird to friend your STL or ETLs while you are still with the company

Lol my old softlines etl had a target Twitter with cringe worthy post and then a real Twitter where all she did was drink wine

The company Twitter accounts are garbage. They always tagged the DTL in everything, too.

I would be pissed if I had to look at that garbage from assorted TLs on a daily basis. Good thing I'm not a DTL, I guess! Ha!

I have a couple current TM's, TL's, and a good chunk of my fellow ETLs on facebook.
I'll add them if they add me. I don't go out and add them. But I'm really not a big social media person. I got a bad taste in my mouth from it after some family that we have a very bad relationship started harassing my parents and even myself through it when I was 13-14. Ever since I avoid it pretty much. In fact the main reason I ever log in is to skim buy/sell/trade groups and I'm active in a few groups on there for school and video games lol.

I sometimes go days without logging in and I rarely post stuff and I don't keep any personal information on it.
I think for the average person though that posts their whole life on social media - adding co-workers, especially your management and subordinates, is a no-no unless you're very disciplined about it.

Got a text from a coworker/friend about an Etl that he despises trying to add him on Facebook. He asked me what to do. I told him to just not respond.

Anytime I came across an Etl on Facebook I made sure to block them. I don’t have time to filter myself, I don’t care about their lives, and I don’t want them knowing more about me than they currently do. Also in the past this Etl has held stuff against team members that was posted on social media, it wasn’t because they were friends but because they were tagged in it and it was work related.

At my store, following all the ETLs/TLs on social media is the only way to get promoted. 🤷‍♂️

I have ETL-log on Snapchat and we're always sending each other edgy and work-inappropriate memes

Back when I had a Facebook I found it handy to have at least one of my managers in my friends list so if I ever had to call out sick they would see "CTT checked into Dr. Goldbags' Family Clinic" 😏

Here's one I found out. There is a Facebook message group for people at my store to pick up shifts. The hr tm will send a message out to anyone in the group. Really? So that's okay? What if I actually want to work? I have to join a Facebook group. I think it's bullshit.

I have my ETL on snapchat and we text and snapchat on a regular basis about work and nonwork. I’m a TM

Resurrection of an old Thread I guess.

My Co-Workers, Some TL's and my Ex-ETL all have my Phone Number but anyone above TM is strictly work related texts. One TL does follow me on Instagram now but we're friends from before his promotion.

Resurrection of an old Thread I guess.

My Co-Workers, Some TL's and my Ex-ETL all have my Phone Number but anyone above TM is strictly work related texts. One TL does follow me on Instagram now but we're friends from before his promotion.
No point in making a new thread when one already exists.

The search function is my friend.

I have a few ex-TLs from my old store. I preemptively block ETLs, the STL, and even the DTL; my life outside of Target is none of their affair. I also blocked one of my GSTLs because they’re the type who will eavesdrop on the walkie. They do NOT need access to my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back