• Yes

Votes: 43 52.4%
  • No

Votes: 39 47.6%

• Total voters

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
This comes out of another thread but I was thinking that given the demographic of this board that there is a good chance that out of the active members of the board at least half have ink of some sort.
Be it big or small, tattoos have gotten to be almost mainstream.

You don't have to say what it is because I know that could give you away to coworkers but I'd be interested.
Do you have ink?

I'll start I have three, a Thunderbird arm piece that is from an Athabaskan family who adopted me, my medic alert bracelet and my kids names with a tree of life back piece.

cihyfthedoor

Former BRTL – not working @ Target anymore! :D
I don't have any and don't plan on getting any. If I were to get one, it would have to be something that was exactly as important to me when I'm 90-something years old, in a rocking chair on the porch as it was on the day that I got it in my youth. I can't think of anything that fits that. Actually, there are things that are that important, I just can't imagine expressing it in that manner. Either way, barbed wire, or a made-up "tribal" symbol, or a naked chick or a flaming skull or some other such thing just doesn't seem to fit that 95-years-old-in-a-rocking-chair-showing-my-great-grandkids bill. "Yes great-grandkids, I DO still think this seemingly random pattern of 'tribal' artwork on my arm is still completely and utterly badass, even 70 years later!"

I don't dislike them, quite the opposite; I think they're really great pieces of artwork. I've definitely been seeing some really brilliant artwork in my facebook news feed the past few days, tattoos that look like the subject is really there, and not just a tattoo. Those are truly amazing. They've got amazing shadowing, depth perspective, color, etc. Mind boggling.

DMNDZ bruhh

Former Backroom Dayside
I have one of my arms blasted completely except my hand, and i got my chest piece and my back, i wont say what they are though due to it is a dead give away, but i love my tattoos. I plan in the future for my entire torso to be blasted, including my stomach, not sure about getting my legs done.

Nope, no tattoos for myself or my husband. Funny, my son is a guitarist for a rock band and he doesn't want any tattoos either. cihyfthedoor summed it up.

OP
OP
commiecorvus

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
I recently added another piece in memory of my wife.
It's the pi symbol surrounded by the numbers taken out to 29 places followed by the infinity symbol.
She was a mathematician and told me she didn't want her name ever tattooed on, so I did this instead.

Last edited:
I'm from the Boston area (since I'm a guest now I don't care if I out myself lol), and after the Marathon Bombing, I got the Boston Strong ribbon. I didn't know any of the victims, but my Mom used to volunteer in the med tents (she's an RN). She hasn't done it in years, but when I sat here watching all the horrific news coverage and seeing the people running around with the volunteer jackets, I was a wreck imagining my mom being there. Of course she would have been the first one helping people, but I'm glad she wasn't doing it anymore. Anyway, I'm proud to have it as my first ink. I have other pieces I want done in the future, but gotta save up some $$$ first =)

second day (5).JPG

I took this the day after so it's still a little red and covered in aquaphor

Not yet but considering one, want it to be something meaningful that i wont ever regret, since it is permanent...thinking of a small one honoring a childhood hero of mine.

OP
OP
commiecorvus

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
@FallenAngel
That is a great piece.
I have the Dropkick Murphys For Boston shirt that they started the next day.
They sold them all and raised 100 thousand dollars in 48 hours, total donation 300 grand.

Not yet but considering one, want it to be something meaningful that i wont ever regret, since it is permanent...thinking of a small one honoring a childhood hero of mine.
My advice, go a bit bigger than you may have in mind. Small lines blur after a few years, a little larger will hold up a little better. I have a music piece around my ankle, if it had been larger it would not be a smudge 15 years later. It is not readable.

I have several tattoos. Last piece I picked up a Celtic piece by Pat Fish. No regrets for any of them, all time pieces