Archived Who's got Christmas and the day after off???

Status
Not open for further replies.
New schedule went up today and I guess flow is off the Monday after Christmas . There is no truck. We all were surprised and happy. Anyone else?

New schedule went up today and I guess flow is off the Monday after Christmas . There is no truck. We all were surprised and happy. Anyone else?

Well we all have Christmas off since the store is closed but if you think about it if you are an overnight store you can either take a truck Christmas Eve or take one Christmas night.

I am guessing you are taking one Christmas eve. If the store is closed on Christmas Day why would you take another truck? There is nothing in theory that needs to be replenished.

Fwiw my store is closing christmas eve, no truck that night then getting a truck at 11pm Christmas Day.

Edit: read your post again, two days without a truck is pretty significant but some smaller strores only take three trucks a week.

Last edited:
We're taking trucks the day before and the day after Christmas, and at least one of them is a double. I'm not sure what they're doing with our Sunday FDC delivery.

I have to do ad on Monday. I was trying to get my stl to let me and an etl come in on Sunday just to get some random stuff done, and she almost said yes... But hr said no lol

I have Christmas Eve off and the Monday after off. I'm supposed to do signing on Christmas night but won't be going in as it goes against my availability with Christmas falling on a Sunday. So I'll actually be off from the 23rd to the 26th

I open the 26th but got 30 hours with NYE off so it's a decent schedule.

I'm off on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Also I'm off on new year eve and new year day. No I didn't asked for time off. This is my first time I have it day off since I work with Target for too many years.

I work Christmas eve. However, I will be out before 1 pm so not complaining about that. Off Christmas day and working on Monday. We are taking a truck that day.

I work on Xmas Eve until closing :( then monday. I also work on New Years Eve ugh.

I'm hoping I work in New Years Day too though since we get time and a half pay.

We have one person who got Friday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and the day after Christmas off without requesting it, while quite a few are working Christmas Eve and the Day after Christmas.

The store was so holly jolly when that schedule went up. Needless to say, we'll be manning the phones for call-outs.

I was trying to get my stl to let me and an etl come in on Sunday just to get some random stuff done, and she almost said yes... But hr said no lol

I wonder why. In years past, my store always lets whoever volunteers come in for four hours to back stock and push with my STL. He buys us donuts; its cool. This year, we have a new HR team, so when I asked about the Christmas shift for this year, the ETL-HR was thrilled that anyone would want to come in. Now they've been trying to get more. I love that we get 2x pay for each hour.

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off for me, but...

I have to go in at 1 am (an hour after Christmas Day), and then everyday for the rest of the week... So i will make up for it.

Because Christmas is on a Sunday we are being paid time and a half (due to state law) kinda nice...

Because Christmas is on a Sunday we are being paid time and a half (due to state law) kinda nice...
Target pays everyone time and a half for working on Christmas. But stores are closed so most people are off anyway.

Working Christmas Eve, but have the day after Christmas off.

Miraculously, I also have New Years Eve off and it's the first Saturday I've had off in months.

I have Monday after Christmas all the way through Thursday off. After this 30 hour week in the middle of finals I'm very excited to only work two days next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back