Archived Why aren't shipper located?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We usually don't have shippers located in the back, especially for HBA/Cosmetics. Is this normal for most stores? I had to pull a shit load of merch for HBA saleplanners only to find them later in shippers.

So most of the stuff I pulled now has to be backstocked =|

What happens in this case? How I do I skip/clear on pulling these batches if I knew the items were already in shippers.

You should either be locating your stuff or staging it in a place that you can find...partner with your receiver or Flow TL in that case. I'm pretty sure only way to clear the batches is just to burn them

They're supposed to be located. If they're not it's because someone decided they didn't want to pull the whole shipper for one toothpaste or whatever the product is. Likely they've had to pull & backstock the same shippers over & over, and decided to leave it unlocated.

We leave our in the steel located in one spot, organized roughly by where it goes in the store. That being said many TMs pressed for time will pull and leave them on a pallet in the back only to be re-bsed.

Some stores opt to not locate them or trap them in one spot so they don't pull every damn caf round. Or if pulled on a caf round some SF pushing the shipper pushes what will go out and trashes the actual shipper.

Why my store traps them so when POG goes to set them they actually has them. They got tired of getting called out on visits cause all the end caps would have product but no actual shippers on them.

We keep all of our shippers together, and still there are some that sit unlocated in the wrong spot. Next thing you know, it's March and we're coming across shippers that had set dates from last year.

Can someone explain what burning batches mean? I'm assuming trying to pull, then backstocking that same item as I go?

Can someone explain what burning batches mean? I'm assuming trying to pull, then backstocking that same item as I go?

Yup and you would be coached if not told to do it cause burning batches should not be done

In this circumstance, acceptable, though. Unless you really want your backroom to do his backstock?

Locate your shippers. If the product needs to be pulled before the set date, SAVE the shipper. DO NOT TRASH THE SHIPPER. Push the product and ask your PPTL, SFTL, or ETL SF where to keep the empty shipper/pdq.

Talk to your Signing Ninja or Plano TL to because if they are setting that area there is a good chance they are looking for the damn shipper as it is on the planogram.
There is nothing more frustrating than finding out someone pulled all the product off it and put it in the compacter.
Sometimes they are supposed to be on the shelf for months and since they come from the vendor you can't order the damned things.

There's nothing wrong with not locating them as long as everyone knows where to find them.

Locate your shippers. If the product needs to be pulled before the set date, SAVE the shipper. DO NOT TRASH THE SHIPPER. Push the product and ask your PPTL, SFTL, or ETL SF where to keep the empty shipper/pdq.

Exactly why we don't locate them. You can't fix stupid and stupid chucks them in the trash. Easier to hide them than actually train people to not throw shippers in the trash. Cause ain't nobody got time to train people! ;)

From what I've seen at my store, the back room would scan a shipper, pull it, then relocate it. I've been told to do it for the movie shippers that go on the shelf. The big wheeled displays for new releases get their own spot in the back room.

I saw a flow team push a shipper once. They took the items off the shipper(no shipper on the endcap). Left it at the baler. I grabbed it & fixed the shelves. Put the shipper there & looks great. It was permanent fixture.

I'm always afraid of throwing out a shipper when I do revisions in Movies. We had one shelf that was all British TV shows, and a nice little box to put them in. Then a few weeks later half the locations on that shelf are American TV shows. No longer British.....so I guess toss the thing out...

Talk to your Signing Ninja or Plano TL to because if they are setting that area there is a good chance they are looking for the damn shipper as it is on the planogram.
There is nothing more frustrating than finding out someone pulled all the product off it and put it in the compacter.
Sometimes they are supposed to be on the shelf for months and since they come from the vendor you can't order the damned things.
Energizer holiday shippers always sit past Q4 at my store because they never get set, someone eventually just chucks the shippers out takes the batteries out.

I'm always afraid of throwing out a shipper when I do revisions in Movies. We had one shelf that was all British TV shows, and a nice little box to put them in. Then a few weeks later half the locations on that shelf are American TV shows. No longer British.....so I guess toss the thing out...
Don't do it, Ck with Pog tl or mmb new release person first.

We are having this issue as well. We found some from "In With the New" and some from December. I'm thinking we relocate to a spot for that POG knows and we print the POG # and set date and slap it on them. It's getting crazy how much another TM and myself pulled down last week.

Exactly why we don't locate them. You can't fix stupid and stupid chucks them in the trash. Easier to hide them than actually train people to not throw shippers in the trash. Cause ain't nobody got time to train people! ;)
Lol good point! So instead of locating the whole shipper when you come across it, just save the shipper and locate the eaches. This way the correct amount of product is pulled, and the plano team can just stock the shippers.

Lol good point! So instead of locating the whole shipper when you come across it, just save the shipper and locate the eaches. This way the correct amount of product is pulled, and the plano team can just stock the shippers.

And where are the hours to break them down and backstock them? We can't even have a backroom TM until 11:30am so nothing is getting pulled or backstocked until then. Guest pulls and flexible fulfillment are pulled by your in stocks team who are also your morning sales floor when they aren't busy doing 4x4's our store insists on us doing to fix what overnight does with their increased hours which is make a mess.

Plano team? You mean salesfloor.

And where are the hours to break them down and backstock them? We can't even have a backroom TM until 11:30am so nothing is getting pulled or backstocked until then. Guest pulls and flexible fulfillment are pulled by your in stocks team who are also your morning sales floor when they aren't busy doing 4x4's our store insists on us doing to fix what overnight does with their increased hours which is make a mess.
Well 4x4's have been discontinued. So there's the hours. And the fact is when you don't do your job correctly, you're pulling from someone else's time to fix it later (ex. Looking everywhere for a missing shipper or looking for staged product for fulfillments). No hours are being saved by not locating things.
Plano team? You mean salesfloor.
Your plano team should be stocking their own POGs, unless they have to pull them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back