Why can't Target ever put box numbers on Christmas Tree descriptions?

In my 15 years I don't think Target has ever put box numbers in descriptions when scanning on a zebra. It makes it hard to find the right box sometimes. The strips don't have any box numbers but they provided stickers this year's which is meh. I can't even find box numbers on Target website either. Come on Target!

In my 15 years I don't think Target has ever put box numbers in descriptions when scanning on a zebra. It makes it hard to find the right box sometimes. The strips don't have any box numbers but they provided stickers this year's which is meh. I can't even find box numbers on Target website either. Come on Target!
Make the last two digits if the dpci the number of tree. How freaking hard can it be.

Back when I did signing, I wrote the box number on a blank label and stuck it to the trunk as they were being built.

Make the last two digits if the dpci the number of tree. How freaking hard can it be.

Not that hard- it's what they do for small appliances. Last 4 of the DPCI is the number you see in the red circle on the label strip and the display fact tags. Granted none of those items have the number on the box, but given trees do, it seems pretty straightforward to accomplish.

I thought last year they put a picture of the box as one of the last pictures on target.com
I remember it being a box number image in the description somewhere, but it looks like they didn't do that this year.

They used to color code the boxes with each case pack saying "decorative home", "seasonal", "housewares", "stationary". That alone made it easy to sort out. Pink boxes with the pink boxes, boxes that say stationary being placed in a pallet full of stationary... no idea why they decided to make everything super cryptic now. SURE you could read the DCPI. But sometimes those DCPI's might be misleading and belong to another department.

Like hearth and hand has housewares items thus sometimes they share the same DCPI, despite hearth and hand being its own separate entity...

Now every time I try to explain this to my shift leaders they look at me like if I'm speaking to them in gibberish.

Last edited:
They used to color code the boxes with each case pack saying "decorative home", "seasonal", "housewares", "stationary". That alone made it easy to sort out. Pink boxes with the pink boxes, boxes that say stationary being placed in a pallet full of stationary... no idea why they decided to make everything super cryptic now. SURE you could read the DCPI. But sometimes those DCPI's might be misleading and belong to another department.

Like hearth and hand has housewares items thus sometimes they share the same DCPI, despite hearth and hand being its own separate entity...

Now every time I try to explain this to my shift leaders they look at me like if I'm speaking to them in gibberish.

Color coded boxes typically arrive for merch that is exclusive to endcaps or special sets (Family Sleep, Seasonal, LTOs) and is usually seasonally-driven. It is not used for inline, everyday merch. It is also not used on items that are sold in the box they come in, like Christmas trees.

Color coded boxes typically arrive for merch that is exclusive to endcaps or special sets (Family Sleep, Seasonal, LTOs) and is usually seasonally-driven. It is not used for inline, everyday merch. It is also not used on items that are sold in the box they come in, like Christmas trees.
You sure? Could of sworn Christmas trees had green labels on them

You sure? Could of sworn Christmas trees had green labels on them

Some might, especially the smaller trees that are sent as a casepack. Since it is Seasonal, they do have different colors on the boxes to differentiate between decor and wrap; decor tends to be green, wrap blue. But having the colors on those boxes doesn't help at all with figuring out tree box numbers on a label.

Back