Archived Why do Logistic ETL's ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
our etl log mostly handles flow and backroom because our pricing/plano/instocks tl's are competent and have worked there for years (they know what they're doing). also, why wouldn't he handle the truck? like who else would run it? our log tl and etl don't work the truck on the same days unless it's a double or we're slammed with a 2700 piece truck (on a pfresh truck).
Some stores get 5 or less trucks per week, and the flow TL handles them all.

our etl log mostly handles flow and backroom because our pricing/plano/instocks tl's are competent and have worked there for years (they know what they're doing). also, why wouldn't he handle the truck? like who else would run it? our log tl and etl don't work the truck on the same days unless it's a double or we're slammed with a 2700 piece truck (on a pfresh truck).

Random question do: do you ha to know how many people your STL allows ur etl to have to push those 2700 piece trucks?

we get 4 trucks a week during quarters 1-3 and our flow tl does not handle them all (only half), so that is a false statement.

Random question do: do you ha to know how many people your STL allows ur etl to have to push those 2700 piece trucks?

seeing as our team only has 16 during non-seasonal times, 16. we only take 4 trucks a week january to july so our trucks tend to get huge. it's rare to have a truck under 2500.

Because sometimes flow and early morning backroom team members need to be baby sat.

we get 4 trucks a week during quarters 1-3 and our flow tl does not handle them all (only half), so that is a false statement.
Note how I said some stores, not all stores or your store, so no it is not a false statement.

Note how I said some stores, not all stores or your store, so no it is not a false statement.

you should have said "For some stores that get 5 or less trucks per week, and the flow TL handles them all." unfortunately, the way you phrased did make your statement incorrect. the more you know! (aka 'sorry, I was raised by an english professor.')

you should have said "For some stores that get 5 or less trucks per week, and the flow TL handles them all." unfortunately, the way you phrased did make your statement incorrect. the more you know! (aka 'sorry, I was raised by an english professor.')
You have some interesting grammar and punctuation choices.

You should capitalize the first letter of the first word of sentences. If you're going to nitpick someone, make sure you are squared away first.

The rule of thumb that has been used in the passed is that each person should be able to push at least 100 pieces of frate. So a 2700 = 27 people. That being said when schedules are made we don't know how big a truck will be just how many trucks we will get.

The rule of thumb that has been used in the passed is that each person should be able to push at least 100 pieces of frate. So a 2700 = 27 people. That being said when schedules are made we don't know how big a truck will be just how many trucks we will get.

um what. last week our tl went over the intercom and said we were supposed to be pushing 50 pieces an hour (per person). are they trying to make us push faster since we only get 16-18 tm per truck (we're very understaffed)?

Pushing the Truck/Backstocking/Pushing CAFS, etc has a higher impact on the store as a whole (sales/instocks wise) IMO.

I have seen my LOG-ETL jump in and help with resets however (like Seasonal Christmas resets). He was our Plano TL before making the jump to ETL-Log however.

ASAP tasks, such as throwing/pushing a truck however, can't be "finished tomorrow"

um what. last week our tl went over the intercom and said we were supposed to be pushing 50 pieces an hour (per person). are they trying to make us push faster since we only get 16-18 tm per truck (we're very understaffed)?
50 Boxes per person an hour is really slow of the asile is bowled out. Our store is one box per minute

My main concern with logistics ETLs is if they have a normal sleep pattern or a life. Several times now I've come in early (4am) and I leave at 12 and he's still there!!! I mean what kind of sleep schedule is on?
Mine often stays until 5pm. Just waiting for him to burn out. :/

50 Boxes per person an hour is really slow of the asile is bowled out. Our store is one box per minute

1 box a minute is 60/hr. that's not far off from 50/hr? so I wouldn't say really slow but a little below average. but still, the idea that they should only be expecting a tm to push 100 boxes for one truck is insane.

2500 piece truck....1800 to the floor. Hour to unload/bowl. Give or take. Realistically 3 hours to push. 600 cases per hour need to be pushed. At 60 cases per hour per TM you only need 10 TMs to push the truck.

Target Logic.

My ETL-LOG always worked longer hours than any of the other ETLs.
He was also the only old school manager in the store, (was actually older, had gray hair and everything), would eat with his people, work right beside them, get in and throw every position, and sweep the floors at the end of the day if there wasn't someone to do it.
The best STL we had was a former ETL-LOG.
Not sure what it is about the position but by in large it seems to be one brings out the best or worst in people.

My ETL-LOG always worked longer hours than any of the other ETLs.
He was also the only old school manager in the store, (was actually older, had gray hair and everything), would eat with his people, work right beside them, get in and throw every position, and sweep the floors at the end of the day if there wasn't someone to do it.
The best STL we had was a former ETL-LOG.
Not sure what it is about the position but by in large it seems to be one brings out the best or worst in people.

My logistic ETL is the same, but he's in his mid-20's. I think it's because he trained with our old one (who wanted to move to a different store) who was like that. One time I forgot something at the store after work so I had to go back (around 3p) and his car was still there. He comes in early and stays late, while our other ETLs whine if they have to come in at 7:00am (and make sure they're gone by 4 no matter what!). Sometimes he's skips lunch to clean up or keep pushing product. I feel bad because he's worked to the bone while the other ETLs work normal schedules and spend half their time checking their email. I feel like they expect more from him than from the other ETLs. But I think you're right, from the stories I hear about our past LOG-ETLs... they're either terrible or fantastic. There seems to be no middle ground.

The ETL-Log has a pretty demanding job, they are responsible for the running the processes that are the lifeline of the store. I truly feel for my ETL-Log.

Flow=if a product isn't pushed timely or correctly, the guest cannot buy it, loss in sales.
BR=if product are located, the guest cannot buy it, loss in sales.
POG=if the aisle is not set in time, the guest cannot buy it, loss in sales.
PRICE=if the product is not priced correctly/competitively the guest cannot buy it, loss in sales.
PTM=if the store looks a mess, the guest might choose to shop somewhere neater, loss in sales.

Our ETL-Log is old school, comes in early to help with the truck unload, or the backroom pulls/backstock, anything, he is a true gem!

A few weeks ago he was training a newbie and she was completely by the numbers; the truck is this big, it should take this long, the pallet of backstock has this many items, you should have it complete in X amount of minutes, we felt we in a math class with all the numbers she was giving us! He tried to explain, this truck has tons of HBA it will take longer in the front, because the product is smaller. This pallet of backstock is full of chemicals it might take longer because it is heavier. She preferred to walk around with the printouts and dictate goals, as realistic and unrealistic as they were.

She asked me why it wasn't working (trust me I was "honored") and I tried to explain, every truck is different there can be no set way to push/backstock it. You have to be flexible, the truck depends on what your store is selling or transitioning,-yep, if you guessed, it went out one ear and out the other. I feel for the store that she went too, sorry we tried!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back