Archived Why do some employees get to work at a relaxed pace and others are expected to run around all rushed to get a million things done

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people in beauty and H&A never seem like they are rushed. They are allowed to work at their own pace it seems and are never approached by management to go faster, from what I've seen. Meanwhile, others are ridden by management it seems to go faster, take up the slack, drop what you're doing to go and help cashier, go to the pointless huddle, etc.

I dont get it. Seems rather unfair. The girls in beauty are slow as mollasses but management seems fine with it. 3 people doing beauty, having the time of their lives, and I'm the only person in stationary and I am constantly being ridden by management to go faster

You'll get a better raise than them. Which of course won't matter when all the pay rates rise above that raise equally

It happens at my store. I'm at a low-volume store and there were still 2 TMs in for beauty earlier this week, not even on a weekend day, just sort of standing around not doing much as far as I could tell. Same for style. In the meantime, electronics and seasonal are crazy busy, certain others of us are struggling to get all of our push done.

Your Specialty Sales ETL must be as lazy as they are. Monkey see, monkey do. If my management were to chill out in TSC all day, I wouldn’t be worried about my pace either.

Beauty and Electronics are not allowed to leave their areas. When I am in GM I am very relaxed but I get my work done. Just make sure you're not being pushed to do things that are not your job. Of course if you have extra time at the end of the night like Electronics and Beauty do, they can go zone the adjacent areas. But for the most part just do your job and don't sweat it.

Could be a case of developing said team members into TLs and so expects a higher standard of quality work. Like those who are benched.

there is a lot of work in electronics and it can seem unfair. I like some of the reprieves like ignoring fast service, but it comes down to "as long as I am willing to do the job for whats paid, then there is no problem." It just comes down to how long till I find something better.

there is a lot of work in electronics and it can seem unfair. I like some of the reprieves like ignoring fast service, *snip*

Ahh, if only I could ignore callboxes in other areas. In my store we're still expected to get nearby call boxes unless we call out that we're with a guest. Then leadership wonders why the electronics button is going to the second or third when I'm stuck in the back trying to find a infant car seat or some stupid shit from seasonal in the backroom.

Last edited:
Ahh, if only I could ignore callboxes in other areas. In my store we're still expected to get nearby call boxes unless we call out that we're with a guest. Then leadership wonders why the electronics button is going to the second or third when I'm stuck in the back trying to find a infant car seat or some stupid shit from seasonal in the backroom.

We are modernized here we only have to grab our call box same with calls all surrounding areas are expected to be claimed by GM or style only. We are also the only area that is ahead on workload on all fronts and the only area that can come clean of truck and backstock the same day. We always having something to do open to close no matter the day the only down time is breaks lunches and days off

Corporate wants beauty to focus more on guest service than on rushing to stock shelves. Beauty TMs shouldn't be doing nothing, but they should be working at a guest friendly pace so they appear available to help guests and build baskets. It's also difficult to work quickly in beauty while maintaining accuracy because of all the similar looking products.

They still need to get their work done though. They'll hear about it if they don't.

Corporate wants beauty to focus more on guest service than on rushing to stock shelves. Beauty TMs shouldn't be doing nothing, but they should be working at a guest friendly pace so they appear available to help guests and build baskets. It's also difficult to work quickly in beauty while maintaining accuracy because of all the similar looking products.

They still need to get their work done though. They'll hear about it if they don't.

Yes, because of course we all know the white shirts in their corporate ivory towers are so in touch with the day to day workings of the store. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back