Archived Why does my direct depost take soooo long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always have my money deposited on Friday; however, there are other of my co-workers that get it on Thursday, and some of them on Wednesday. How can I change this?

It doesn't take long at all; you get it the day you are supposed to get it.

Other TMs might get it early because of how their bank processes it. Mine shows up at midnight Thursday night/Friday morning.

Mine shows up between midnight and 3am Friday. Rarely causes issues, since I assume it's there the day I get paid.

I have target credit union and get paid wednesday evenings. Before I had the target credit union, I got my pay on friday early morning. It just depends on when the bank releases the funds.

@LUR99 How do you like TCU? I've been considering ditching BofA, and have been passively looking at new banks/credit unions.

Its all based on what bank you have and when they release the funds like LUR99 said. I bank with USAA and I get mine either Wednesday or Thursday.

@LUR99 How do you like TCU? I've been considering ditching BofA, and have been passively looking at new banks/credit unions.
Not who you asked, but I love it! CUs are beneficial to join anyway. They usually charge lower rates on loans and are more than likely to work with you than look at you as just another number.

So far, I am very happy with them. Much better than BofA. No monthly fees and you earn rewards points when you pay bills/make purchases. Also they make deposits available right away, I get my direct deposit the second they receive the info from target (wednesday evening). BofA and US bank don't release until Friday. They also released my tax return 2 days early.
I don't have a physical branch where I live but I can use any shared branching location to make deposits, withdrawls, get money orders etc. I live in a small town and I have two shared branches available and several surcharge free ATM's. If you use an ATM not on the surcharge free list, they do refund the fee.
Oh, I forgot, you also earn interest every month. I believe it's 2%. At the end of the month, they deposit the 2% interest into my account. Another good thing is that you can use the Target Credit union debit card with your discount.

It just depends on your bank/credit union. My paycheck is split into two accounts at two different cu's. One direct deposits between 1230 and 2pm friday, and the other doesn't show up until about 6am friday.

question for anyone that banks with target CU:

i just got a second bank account there last month. i have it set up to put a percentage of my pay in this account, and the rest in my primary account. the direct deposit went through for the first time last paycheck, but it processed on thursday.

same with today, it hasn't come in yet. although it is 7 am here right now, when do you guys tend to get your pay on wednesdays? does it vary?

Wednesday evening, anywhere between 6-8 pm. There was one time when it didn't come until after Midnight.

Mine posts at Thursday, 10PM. However, even if it feels late, we're getting ours earlier than those who have to go pick up their paper checks, usually.

The credit union I use puts it in on Thursday but my regular bank doesn't go in until Friday.

Remember your official payday is Friday any time its early its a gift. But always plan for Friday.. That is what they are supposed to do and I haven't ever had my direct deposit be screwed up in the over 5 years I worked for spot, which is not something I can say about past employers. So you are getting paid right on time. :)

I'm with Navy Federal, and my paycheck will usually show up as pending on Thursday around noon and makes it into my account early morning on Friday.

Remember your official payday is Friday any time its early its a gift. But always plan for Friday.. That is what they are supposed to do and I haven't ever had my direct deposit be screwed up in the over 5 years I worked for spot, which is not something I can say about past employers. So you are getting paid right on time. :)

+1 I've used direct deposit with spot for 8 years now and have had no issues. With my last employer I was bitching at corporate HR just about every month or so because I wasn't being paid.

+1 I've used direct deposit with spot for 8 years now and have had no issues. With my last employer I was bitching at corporate HR just about every month or so because I wasn't being paid.
Yup. By time I buy coffee on the way to work Friday my money will be there. Exactly as it should.

I always get it sometime around 4am Friday, some of my coworkers get it on thursday night, must be different depending on your bank.

I'm extremely satisfied with TCU. They are helpful, they have great perks, and ye, I get paid wed night.

My credit union releases my direct deposit Thursday night at 9PM. I have a friend with another credit union that does it at 7AM Friday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back