Archived Why has target not called me back yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I applied online target about 5-6 days ago after seeing they need an apperal team member job thats been on there for over a month i applied and they have not called yet is it normal for them to take this long or they just dont want me?

I'm not sure how the online application process works. When I applied for my job I applied at a kiosk in the store where I wanted to work so that my application would stay in the building. Sometimes by doing it that way they will talk to you on that same day if they are properly staffed to do so - meaning, they have to have a TL and an ETL in the building free to do an interview.

When I applied online it took them about a week and a half to call me back, but they did eventually. They might have in-person applications to go through first. Don't give up hope just yet, target can sometimes be slow with stuff like this but you've just gotta wait.

I applied online target about 5-6 days ago after seeing they need an apperal team member job thats been on there for over a month i applied and they have not called yet is it normal for them to take this long or they just dont want me?
What's your availability? They won't call you if your availability is bad.

Target always advertises that they are hiring. But depending on their current numbers & sales and then your application/availability, it could be a week or month.

Target is a revolving door which is a good thing for people looking for a job.

What you do and this works for any job is go ask to speak with a manager or hiring manager and tell them you put an application in.

I did this with my new job and I asked the girl why she picked me so quick and the reasoning was my enthusiasm and taking initiative.

It depends, I got a phone interview within two days and was called in for an actual interview about three days later and was hired after that interview. ASANTS, as others have said on here. Like others have said, if you're worried about it, wait a bit longer and call, but, don't be a pest or make it a problem for HR.

If your availability is bad or you put down you want to be off weekends, we will not call you. You will get a rejection email within a few days. It is possible that you are sitting in the "potential list". Sometimes we have people sitting in the potential list for a few days while we are waiting to see if we get other applicants who may have more experience.

Call and ask if you haven't. I've always called a few days after I applied to every job, but I assume you already did haha.

Target didn't give me a chance to call them back though... I applied around 1am one night on a school night and they called me back the morning after in 2nd hour lol. I was like "damn."

Checked my email got this guess i wont be working there..... Thank you for taking the time to apply with us. We are unable to offer you a position at this time, but we do appreciate your interest in Target.

Huh, that sucks, man. try again if you want? I don't do anything with my life besides stay at home so I knew I'd be able to work basically whenever they wanted me to.

Checked my email got this guess i wont be working there..... Thank you for taking the time to apply with us. We are unable to offer you a position at this time, but we do appreciate your interest in Target.

Don't give up, paradox one of the posters here got a turn down email. I explained to him how to talk his way into an interview and he got hired.

Let us help you. What availability did you put? What work center?

I don't mean to derail this post from the OP but I was wondering if I applied with complete open availability for the summer but say I got an interview and in it I said once school started (in August) I couldn't have open availability anymore would they turn me down/would it be bad?

I don't mean to derail this post from the OP but I was wondering if I applied with complete open availability for the summer but say I got an interview and in it I said once school started (in August) I couldn't have open availability anymore would they turn me down/would it be bad?

I'd say it would depend on how much they really needed your open availability and how open your schedule would be after school started. I'd call HR and explain that you had open availability for summer but that you'll be attending classes starting in the fall. Let them know what's going on, if you leave them in the dark you won't be able to work anything out.

You would need to explain in your interview about school and the changing fall schedule. If you came in the first 90 and told them your availability needed to be changed they may decide to let you go for not being upfront.

I applied for apparel team member sales floor i dont know if i should call them after this i dont want to seem desparate

Call them and ask. Target is really a great job... there's bad things about it most of the time but it makes up for itself.

For a highschool/pre-college/college job, it's really decent. Might not pay as much as other places(by a landslide) but it's super good, especially if you're only in highschool.

I applied for apparel team member sales floor i dont know if i should call them after this i dont want to seem desparate

That's up to you, if you have something better move on but if you are not going to have a job at all swallow your pride and fight for this. The fact they didn't even call you makes me think they saw a red flag in your application you have the right to explain.

Open availability or no?

I think it took nearly a month before they called me. I remember I was really, really surprised because I had submitted the application so long before that I thought for sure it had been tossed in the trash.

Even when there are no hours we are trained to put people into a potential que. The fact he was turned down immediately suggest there was something in his application they didn't like

How long are you allowed to keep applicants in potential? My HRPB wants me to clear out potentials after 4 days o_O. Right now we have a position listed because we have a need but we do not have hours for at least 3 weeks. I have to turn all applicants down because I can not have them sitting in potentials for 3 weeks.

OP what did you put down for your availability? We had one applicants who completely messed on hers and I turned her down right away. She called me a few days later to check on her status and I told her we were unable to proceed because her avail. did not meet our business needs. She told me she totally goofed up and she has open avail. I got her in for an interview the next day and hired her on the spot. She is amazing, we all love her. She is a great addition to our team.

I will also turn applicants down if they recently started a job and are already looking for a new job and applicants who only stay for a few months at their jobs.

Is it possible the turn down email was an auto send? I've talked to HR once about someone I know putting in an application and getting the turn down email you got and HR said they didn't send it. I wonder if they don't respond quick enough if there is some sort of automated reply, kind of like when we put in for time off and they don't accept the request fast enough? Long story short they asked her to reapply. *shrug* I dunno, HRZone and our other HRTMs are more likely to know if this is a thing or not.

PS: Never hurts to call. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, as the saying goes.

How long are you allowed to keep applicants in potential?

Ours only cares if they are in potential not contacted. If they are in potential contacted he doesn't care how long they are. I have put people in there for weeks when they apply but are out of town/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back