1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Target is better than Walmart. Share your stories aswell.

Discussion in 'Off The Clock Chatter' started by PaleIrishmen, Dec 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. PaleIrishmen

PaleIrishmen Team Leader

A thread dedicated to stories about shopping at Walmart and realizing just how daft the company is.

A couple of years back it was time to get a new TV and Walmart had a Sanyo TV we were looking at. Me and my mother went to our local wally world and got the TV, set it in our cart and went to check out. Of course (as is usual) there was only 2 lanes open in the middle of their busy period, and when it was finally our turn to check out they had swapped cashiers to someone who was basically brand new from her interview. It was clear the girl didn't know what she was doing and just to check out it took us 10 minutes to check out with a single TV and some other items. We had some coupons and one of them didn't work so she handkeyed the amount but accidentally (and without noticing because she was looking elsewhere) entered too much which rendered our purchase basically free. I'll be honest, me and my mother are the similar kind of assholes and didn't point it out and would just play dumb and go back to pay if it was noticed, and being 15 (at the time) the rush was too much to care about doing the right thing. So we rolled off with our cart, and their door attendee briefly checked our receipt and gave us the green light that we could go. We walked out of the door with a 400 dollar TV and some other item's without paying a single dime. We avoided that location for a few months incase they were looking for us until we decided to brave it and go back. We still shop at that walmart whenever we need stuff that my location doesn't have, and I still use the TV to this day.

2. Kartman

Kartman Gimme Moar Ours!

The parking lot.

Target's doesn't look like a cup, diaper, pizza box landfill.

HardlinesFour likes this.
  3. Target NPC

Target NPC Hecking stAp!

Target employees have an IQ. For the most part. And showers.

Target stores aren't bleak, cold, tacky warehouses.

qmosqueen and HardlinesFour like this.
  4. commiecorvus

commiecorvus Former Signing Ninja Moderator

I don't know, I don't shop at Walmart.

5. 2Spooky4U

2Spooky4U Team Member

Mostly.

qmosqueen and HardlinesFour like this.
  6. BrohemianRapcity

BrohemianRapcity Team Member

I had a guest doing a price match at gs tell me that a "thug cousin" of his told him that when he goes to Walmart, you can go to their customer service and challenge a price and they'll give it to you without much thought. He said this as I was making sure his price match followed our policies. Then he mentioned how it's usually so busy that they don't care and just wanna get everyone out. I told him "Yeah, not at Target. We don't care about long lines that much. We'll be fast but we make sure everything follows our guidelines first."

Hardlinesmaster likes this.
  7. DoWork

DoWork Probably a Sociopath

Where I live, there's a huge racial(economical) divide between target and Walmart. Walmart shoppers(in my area) tend to be uneducated African Americans or hispanics. Target gets foot traffic from whites, asians, and better off hispanics and African Americans.

I often hear people in the store crying about having to go to Walmart because of the minorities. It's sad, but factual.

I personally like shopping at target because there's much fewer kids. Id likely get stabbed at Walmart for the things I say/do at target.

8. Kartman

Kartman Gimme Moar Ours!

Too many people on this planet...

9. OP
    OP
    PaleIrishmen

PaleIrishmen Team Leader

Well said, although my location does have a flow member who basically never showers.

That's what I enjoy about our guest service and price matching in general at target. If something is too out of whack, the computers flag it automatically and requires a supervisor key to continue. As well as the fact that target actively calls up back-up cashiers when stuff gets too crazy.

Agreed.

qmosqueen likes this.
  10. WalksforMiles

WalksforMiles Team Member

I've been approached by sketchy people asking for money in Wal-Mart parking lots.

The WMs in my hometown have lazy employees.
    Also I come across rather sketchy and suspicious customers.

Lastly the WMs stock crappy, cheap products and get robbed every now and then.

11. soyaxo

soyaxo Well-Known Memer

The Walmart my ex works at recently had a dead person found behind the store without his head and another body part missing. This is the nicest Walmart in the city.

12. Leo47

Leo47 Team Trainer

Honestly the experience is so much different at a Walmart vs a Target. I shop at Walmart all the time because I live right next to one, but I much prefer Target. Walmarts are cold, the people are rude, slow, always in your way and never apologize, and the employees don't even talk to you they just take their time scanning everything. And the line at the service desk is always INSANE

Hardlinesmaster likes this.
  13. oath2order

oath2order Sexy Bond Girl

Spot-on description of my store.

Thankfully I don't hear this.

There's a Target store in my group that, last year, had someone get shot and killed in the parking lot.

14. Flabbergasted

Flabbergasted Ex-GSA

For me it is like night and day. I stop at Walmart maybe once or twice per year, usually only if I'm looking for something in particular that I can't find elsewhere, and each time I go I remember why I'm not a regular customer. It is a totally different environment IMO. I would gladly spend a little more at Target (whose prices really aren't that much higher) for better service, less trashy clientele and cleaner stores. Of course Target is a crap company in its own right but there's still one thing that keeps me coming -- it's not Walmart!

TheNewMonarch likes this.
  15. Kaitii

Kaitii You're gushing all kinds of fluids again

I feel really anxious just walking into Walmart. The pallets of product everywhere is also really unsettling. I just don't like it.

Target has always had more of a welcoming feel and I will always prefer to shop there. If I go to Walmart I know what I'm getting, and my ass is gonna try to go in and out as fast as possible. Maybe make a Maccas stop if they got one in there.

16. Target NPC

Target NPC Hecking stAp!

If you got into WalMart after like 9pm, there's a good chance the aisle you need to go down is entirely blocked by pallets. I once ran in for chips, and I couldn't buy any because the entire aisle was blocked. It wasn't even close to their midnight closing time. These were tall pallets too, so it's not like I could have squeezed in between or reached over them.

17. Target NPC

Target NPC Hecking stAp!

Forget about buying boxed hair dye too. All the boxes looked tampered with, so you have to check to make sure everything is in there. Once I didn't, and trying to return the box, explaining it was missing a bottle, shouldn't be a 10 minute process. Just fucking return the $6 hair dye so I can fucking get a good one from a less bullshit store!

18. Zone

Zone Team Member

At Target, I don't see people arguing about strapping a 43" television to the taxi cab.

At Target, the PFresh produce looks edible.

At Target, I don't worry about the possibility of baby having been changed into a fresh diaper in this carriage.

19. Target NPC

Target NPC Hecking stAp!

Another time, I was in a WalMart at closing time. There were only 2 lanes open, and maybe 15~ people per line. I was next in line, putting my stuff on the belt, and the cashier turned off her light. She tried to tell the person behind me that she was closed. Keep in mind, behind that guy, was about 15 other people whom had been waiting WAY before she decided to close. I told her he had been waiting. I was thinking "How could she not have noticed him?" And she said that her light had been shut off, to which I replied, he's been waiting in line behind me long before you turned your light off. She didn't say anything, she just continued scanning stuff as slow as she could.

Fucking idiot. An apathetic piece of shit. Look, I don't know what the work dynamic and shitty management you have to deal with, but can you at least not be a fucking mindless robot about your job?

The guy I was arguing for didn't say a word by the way. He just obediently put his shit down on the belt after I was done talking. Lol.

20. Target NPC

Target NPC Hecking stAp!