1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Target is better than Walmart. Share your stories aswell.

Discussion in 'Off The Clock Chatter' started by PaleIrishmen, Dec 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JK0884

JK0884 New Team Member

2. smashandthrash

smashandthrash Former store LOG and Inbound/Receiving DC TM

I love Walmart because they do their business well. They're cold, calculated, cheap, and ugly. You will wait in line for an eternity. Their distribution network is massive.

I know what I'm getting when I go to Walmart.

Target always tries to polish a different turd seemingly every month. Target is smug.

That appeals to some, I guess. I'm personally not all that impressed these days, especially when I continue to learn about operations from distribution to store.

HRZone and SFSFun like this.
  3. Kartman

Kartman Gimme Moar Ours!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but...

4. Target NPC

Target NPC Hecking chiillllll

Target is fucked in many ways behind the scenes, but at least it doesn't feel like a trip to the Zoo from retail hell when I go to Target. As just a consumer, Target excells. I used to go to Walmart pretty frequently because they were open until midnight. But, now that the grocery stores in my area have also extended their hours, it's made it easy to avoid WalMart. They screwed me on a paid and left case several months ago, and I haven't been back since. I still would, but I'm still pretty pissed about it, so I'd rather go to Vons or some other store, if not Target.

oath2order and HardlinesFour like this.
  5. smashandthrash

smashandthrash Former store LOG and Inbound/Receiving DC TM

Fair enough. That's your choice

6. Kartman

Kartman Gimme Moar Ours!

Target and Walmart are like Trump and Clinton.

Both suck, but one sucks less than the other.

Flabbergasted, Logo, HRZone and 3 others like this.
  7. Target NPC

At least WalMart doesn't have bullshit ways to save. I'm so fucking over Cartwheel since this holiday season.

emayf and PassinTime like this.
  8. SFSFun

SFSFun Ship from Store: Don't call it Ship To Store!!

I kind of like my local Walmart...although I only shop there before 6am.

9. redeye58

redeye58 Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!

When it comes to towels, sheets, certain foodstuffs, etc in which quality counts, I'll shop Target.
    But if it's something that I don't really care about spending much money for - toilet scrub brush, plastic pitcher, shower curtain rings, etc I'll hit Wally World.

Hardlinesmaster and Logo like this.
  10. carramrod

carramrod Campus PD

Every time I've ever been to any of the Walmarts near me, there's someone being arrested in front of the store. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in their clientele. When I venture inside, I honestly sometimes wonder if I'll make it out alive. That's why I'm willing to drive twenty minutes out of my way to go to target.
    EDIT: Also, from a professional perspective, Walmart AP is hell on earth to deal with. They refuse to share any information with other stores AP departments. The police department in one of the towns I work in organized partnership between all the AP departments in the area to share information and work together. Walmart was the only store that refused to join. One Of my stores is right next door to a Walmart, yet if I call them and say we just had a booster in our store who might hit them next, they treat me like I'm prank calling them, to the point that i don't even bother anymore.
    I had an apprehension that fled from me and got away, but I managed to pull off his backpack and recover our merchandise. Inside was about $200 worth of stuff with Walmart tags on it, some of it still spider-wrapped. I called them and told them what I had, and their manager told me to bring it to their store because they couldn't be bothered to send someone to get it from me. I told them it would be in the dumpster out back if they wanted to come pick it up.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  11. Tar Ghetto

Tar Ghetto Team Member

To be honest, maybe its just my store, but I don't even feel like it's better anymore :(.

Hardlinesmaster likes this.
  12. Target NPC

I don't find that hard to believe. Some Targets are awful. I don't know why that is, Target has a major issue with consistency for some reason. I'm surrounded by more Targets than I am WalMarts, and I'd rather go to WalMart than some of the Targets around here.

13. HRZone

HRZone Executive Team Leader

Im not a snob. Wal Mart is fine and some stuff way is way cheaper there.

Yes the clientel is worse off but these people who are scraping for every dime need a place they can shop too.

With my employee discount I prefer Target but working at a Target sometimes its nice to be at a different store.

Kaitii, Panda13, emayf and 2 others like this.
  14. Nokiddiegloves

Nokiddiegloves Team Trainer

Target is inviting. The parking lot isnt a joke even at the busiest store. My groceries are bagged better. No creepy dude at the door telling me he likes my purse. Doesn't take 3 people to look up an item without a tag. Don't have 50% cash only sco. Doesn't take me 3 hours to return an item. No long ass lines. Fitting rooms are clean and don't give a poterpotty feel. More selection of infant clothes. Clothes are higher quality. I could go on but I honestly love Target. I used to shop at Walmart for groceries before I got a job at Target but I always prefered Target over Walmart. Ill give walmart the fact that they got a bigger selection of home decor, kitchen and bath plus lower prices but thats it.

TheNewMonarch and SitSpotSit like this.
  15. Kartman

Kartman Gimme Moar Ours!

Fuck Walmart.

16. redeye58

redeye58 Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!

17. phibot

phibot The Lord of the Things

The walmart near where I used to live was nicer than the target I used to work at. Go figure.

18. fun at target

fun at target New Team Member

Every time I go to target I'm normally in a good mood ,everyone's nice and my shopping goes smoothly
    On the other hand
    When I'm at wallmart
    I'm always pissed and hate everything there and nothing ever goes well

Leo47 likes this.
  19. Flabbergasted

Flabbergasted Ex-GSA

I agree with everything except the parking lot part. I swear my old store had such a crappy lot. It's such a small lot that was designed back in the '80s when the city's population was about 50,000 fewer people. It's shared with 3 or 4 other stores. When I worked Black Friday, it took me 20 mins to find the shittiest parking spot far from the store. Just awful.

20. soyaxo

soyaxo Well-Know Memer

Just received this Snapchat from a friend in Cali.
    [​IMG]

Kaitii and Leo47 like this.