Archived wic rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
So annoyed of the checks! Why on earth have they not upgraded yet to a card so that way it is much faster than the checks. I do not get it and not to mention how freekin old the system is for wic that they have not upgraded yet!

After the guest swipes their card, the register gives the option to print the pre-transaction list (K-1). I just print it and hand it to the guest. After entering their pin, the register spits out a post transaction list with the remaining items available.

It's very easy. Never had a problem with non
WIC items messing up the transaction.

How do you show a cashier what you're supposed to be purchasing with a card?

Eligible items should be in a booklet that your GSTL should have. Ineligible things wont ring up. Your Steritech compliance auditor will not try to trick a cashier into allowing a non eligible purchase. That's a plus, as many times cashiers miss it.

Benefit of the card, is that the user can get what they need when they need it. With the check, you had to buy all the items listed.

POS will tell you what items are eligible for WIC/food stamps/EBT and what isn't (with the option of making it Food Stampable, but don't do that).

Am I missing something?

I have had several instances where a product is unavailable and the guest tries to substitute it with something else, this is a no no, correct? I’ve also had guests try to purchase a certain brand and the system denies it. They then say they do it all the time..I’ll still deny it.

I haven't had anyone get nasty, most are just confused. As am I. As is everyone else. And pissed off by how stupidly specific the items allowed are (even when it costs so much more than if they'd be a bit more general with the allowances). When I'm helping guests on the floor I send 4-5 different versions of grocery items up with them in the hopes that one will work, as even items that look like they should be allowed, based on the check, come up as not-allowed.

And don't get me started on requiring them to buy 9 tiny cans of formula which is so fucking much more expensive and less likely to be in stock in sufficient quantities than if they just gave a max allowed quantity or dollar value for said formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back