Will Mid-GSTL shifts be mandatory in every store?

Bullseyerc

GSTL
Because as of now my Store Director still has us do a strict open and close GSTL schedule.. even when I was formally introduced to my new title change by them, I asked her in a subtle manner (to not make it seem like I know too much) if that will in fact be the GSTL shifts (pointing at the schedule on their screen). They replied with: “You guys will have your open and closing shifts as usual, in addition to your rotating weekends.”

Is my Store Director keeping something from me or is the GSTL schedule *truly* at store discretion AKA ASANTS.

well, you won't have GSAs anymore so service and engagement kinda relies on the TLs working mids

There's training to be done, so I'm sure the transition will be slow. I think my gstl is waiting and watching to see what train inng hour are made available.

They aren’t doing GSTL mids at my store either supposedly. Seems like they could if they wanted because they are just scheduling the old GSAs as self checkout and them expecting to do all of the opening and closing procedures still :/ but I talked to my GSTL and she is still doing opens.

At my store we have 2 SE TL’s and we are still being scheduled for opening/closing shifts with only one mid shift during the week and one on the weekend. Does anyone else feel like the front of store was an afterthought in modernization?

Modernization is mostly about the rest of the store. The front end stuff feels mostly like, well, we're changing everything everywhere else so what can we change there for shits and giggles?

2019 is all about front of store modernization and reinventing the experience we provide our guests

2017 was about reinventing specialty sales (end-to-end)
2018 was about reinventing general merchandise
2019 is about reinventing service and engagement

Starting June 2nd our Service and Engagement Team Leads will no longer be scheduled for open/close shifts. They will be scheduled for mid-shifts only as required.

Mid-shifts at my store began awhile back and adjusted because of availability. Looking forward toward Q4 when we have as many guests early and late as we do mids, I wonder why they don't think to have an early and late rather than a mid. But then again, if all GA's are super cashiers without needs, what's the need for early, late or mids?

Mid-shifts at my store began awhile back and adjusted because of availability. Looking forward toward Q4 when we have as many guests early and late as we do mids, I wonder why they don't think to have an early and late rather than a mid. But then again, if all GA's are super cashiers without needs, what's the need for early, late or mids?
Adjusted for availability is generous. Op model guide says stop taking availability into account and schedule purely to business need.

This could work well if the data is looked at and each store truly scheduled for their own individual peak hours and times when there are surges of guests. Schedule for when there are the most calls for backup to eliminate calls for backup.

Because as of now my Store Director still has us do a strict open and close GSTL schedule.. even when I was formally introduced to my new title change by them, I asked her in a subtle manner (to not make it seem like I know too much) if that will in fact be the GSTL shifts (pointing at the schedule on their screen). They replied with: “You guys will have your open and closing shifts as usual, in addition to your rotating weekends.”

Is my Store Director keeping something from me or is the GSTL schedule *truly* at store discretion AKA ASANTS.
Technically yes it’s required chain wide but the only way it’ll get enforced is if your DSD is pulling and checking grids. Anytime we go through something related to the schedule like last time they were super adamant on shift labeling almost everyone so they knew what they were doing and you could speak the the business, he would pull out grids and call our SD if there was a day or a week she didn’t shift label. It’s mandatory but again will only be followed if the proper accountability is in place

Target Corp. is all about Op Model now! Service & Engagement TL’s (former GSTL) will all eventually be mid shifts only! Your store will need an opener and a closer before that change can happen though. Weekends are a whole other situation though. Our store is already elbow deep in the new way.

Technically yes it’s required chain wide but the only way it’ll get enforced is if your DSD is pulling and checking grids. Anytime we go through something related to the schedule like last time they were super adamant on shift labeling almost everyone so they knew what they were doing and you could speak the the business, he would pull out grids and call our SD if there was a day or a week she didn’t shift label. It’s mandatory but again will only be followed if the proper accountability is in place

Which means by Q4, it'll all be back to the way it was pre-Mod.

2019 is all about front of store modernization and reinventing the experience we provide our guests

2017 was about reinventing specialty sales (end-to-end)
2018 was about reinventing general merchandise
2019 is about reinventing service and engagement
How are we reinventing the guest experience at the front exactly? The only thing I have seen are less front end hours and longer lines. Right now we have a shortage of cashiers and they do need to be better trained.

Starting June 2nd our Service and Engagement Team Leads will no longer be scheduled for open/close shifts. They will be scheduled for mid-shifts only as required.
They've already started at my store.
Opening SCO ends up running everything until they come in.

Back