Archived Will my store ever open at 8am again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering I've been opening ever since November 12th at 7am, before that it was at 8am. Kinda miss one hour more of sleep, does anybody know if this is permanent?

Our hours stuck at 7am after last year's holiday hour changes.

Just wondering I've been opening ever since November 12th at 7am, before that it was at 8am. Kinda miss one hour more of sleep, does anybody know if this is permanent?
Which store do you work at?

It may be like that until after the holidays. That's just how retail goes, sorry. *shrug*

We're in the same boat. 7am - 11pm, 7 days a week, as of yesterday (and this will continue after the holidays).

I was told this would make us more competitive with our grocery rivals: Walmart and Meijer (open 24 hours) and the local chains (most opening at 6am daily), without needing to add significant amounts of payroll. Means I get to come in at 6:45 now for my opening GSTL shifts...whoo-hoo!.
Thanks
@mathprofmatt

We go 7 am next week and we close at 11 next week. I hope I don't have any clopens while the hours are extended. Other than that, meh, it's only a few weeks out of the year. Just two more hours a day of fielding aggressive, bitchy, self entitled, douchnozzles guests.

We just went to an everyday 11 pm close. The week before Christmas is a 12 am close. Bless those of us working 2 jobs and who always get the closing shift :/

Bless those who have to clopen. Close at midnight then open at say 7 am. Work till 12:30 am come back at 6 am. That will be about a 4 hour nap if you are lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back