With the Delta variant increasing cases, what percentage of team members and guests are wearing masks?

At this point, the vast majority of TMs at our store are going maskless. As for the Delta variant, I'm fully vaccinated at this point so it's pretty unlikely that I'll wear a mask myself, any time soon.

correct

if you’re vaccinated then even with delta variant you’re

1. significantly less likely to get it
2. significantly less likely to spread it
3. significantly less likely to get seriously ill if you do get it
4. wildly, insanely less likely to die if you do get sick

ppl can keep masking if they want. i don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. but paranoia about not wearing them when you’re fully vaccinated is also just that: paranoia
Right, of course people can do what they want, I just think the media could be doing a better job at educating people and are instead scaring them a bit. That’s why I just listen directly to the CDC

The only people at my store that wear masks are the ones at the front end. Which is understandable. Outside of that, everyone is maskless. I don’t wear one anymore. However, I am vaccinated…and if I worked the front end I’d probably still wear a mask. Better safe than sorry.

I am surprised by the low percentage of team members and guests that are wearing masks right now.

I am still wearing my mask and plan to continue for a while even though I am fully vaccinated.

I do not trust my co-workers. I really do not trust the guests.
^This, right here^. I’ve kept my mask on and I’m waiting to see if the mask mandate will be returning.

Your guys store didn’t ask them to sign a paper for vaccination? Some team in my store got fire for lying on the paper. I told them that it will be termination if they lie I guess they didn’t think it will be checked .

Your guys store didn’t ask them to sign a paper for vaccination? Some team in my store got fire for lying on the paper. I told them that it will be termination if they lie I guess they didn’t think it will be checked .
this is only in certain states i think. i know ca does it, dunno about anywhere else

This is the first time I’m hearing of such a thing. Sounds like management at your store went rogue with that.

Or maybe it’s a state thing.

I was usually maskless but recently we've been getting those "Hey team, a TM has contracted COVID-19 slkdhfssf" texts and I'm in Nevada and their new law is that employees are required to wear their masks now so guests can still shop maskless but TMs are required to.

Most TMs go maskless now, some guests are still masked, but mostly not. The vaccination rate in my area is around 60% - not close enough to herd immunity for my comfort. Any time I see parents shopping with children obviously under age 12, all unmasked, I know the children aren't vaccinated and I assume the same for the parents (figuring that if parents aren't following the guidance for their unvaccinated children to be masked, why should I believe they're following the guidance for their own vaccination?).
I'm still masking even though I'm fully vaccinated. Yes, I trust the science and know it's very unlikely I'd get seriously sick or die if I get covid. But I've read enough reports of breakthrough infections being bad enough that I'll put up with the very minor discomfort. Plus the possibility of long covid is something I'd really like to avoid.
Even though I'm very healthy, I'm old enough to be close to that "65 & over higher risk" category. I like the idea of staying healthy.

Most TMs go maskless now, some guests are still masked, but mostly not. The vaccination rate in my area is around 60% - not close enough to herd immunity for my comfort. Any time I see parents shopping with children obviously under age 12, all unmasked, I know the children aren't vaccinated and I assume the same for the parents (figuring that if parents aren't following the guidance for their unvaccinated children to be masked, why should I believe they're following the guidance for their own vaccination?).
I'm still masking even though I'm fully vaccinated. Yes, I trust the science and know it's very unlikely I'd get seriously sick or die if I get covid. But I've read enough reports of breakthrough infections being bad enough that I'll put up with the very minor discomfort. Plus the possibility of long covid is something I'd really like to avoid.
Even though I'm very healthy, I'm old enough to be close to that "65 & over higher risk" category. I like the idea of staying healthy.
Yeah I find it really scary how there are so many families with children clearly under 12 but old enough to be wearing masks who are running around maskless at this point. Even if the parents are vaccinated, why would you risk your child like that?

The only unmasked people that I trust are actually vaccinated are the ones that come in with children who are wearing masks.

Yeah I find it really scary how there are so many families with children clearly under 12 but old enough to be wearing masks who are running around maskless at this point. Even if the parents are vaccinated, why would you risk your child like that?

The only unmasked people that I trust are actually vaccinated are the ones that come in with children who are wearing masks.
One dead giveaway that a guest is vaccinated is if the parent isn’t wearing a mask but their kid is. I know they’re responsible then, and I feel safe.

children clearly under 12 but old enough to be wearing masks who are running around maskless at this point. Even if the parents are vaccinated, why would you risk your child like that?
I thought masks protect you from spreading it, not from catching it? And children are by far the lowest risk group for the virus both as far as catching it, having serious symptoms, and spreading it, so personally I'm not concerned with children not wearing them.

I thought masks protect you from spreading it, not from catching it? And children are by far the lowest risk group for the virus both as far as catching it, having serious symptoms, and spreading it, so personally I'm not concerned with children not wearing them.
Masks provide some protection to the wearer and better protection for others. While children are the lowest risk, that risk is not zero, and the more people running around without vaccines who are unmasked, the more chance of spread. Also, Delta has changed things. I do not see the point of taking chances.

I understand the frustration and the desire for this thing to be over, but again, the truth is the truth. Can't wish it away, can only take things one day at a time and do our best.

I'm still wearing mine. Might become a permanent fixture. I'm high risk, and I have high risk friends/family. I like not having to fake smile at guests. I've also enjoyed not catching colds and other junk quite a lot (I have bad allergies so my colds are absolute hell) and if that mask provides me with even a tiny amount of protection, it's worth it to me.

Vaccination rate in my area is less than 50%. I don't trust the guests, nor do some folks I work with. Several TMs don't wear masks in the back since almost all of us have been vaccinated but will put them on once the store opens and they're on the floor.

this is only in certain states i think. i know ca does it, dunno about anywhere else

WA state. I have signed the form but still wearing a mask for the most part. If I am wrapping pallets in receiving by my self, I take it off here and there..

I'd say about 15% of guests and TMs are still wearing masks at my store. There are a few TMs and TLs that I know for a fact aren't vaxxed, but aren't wearing masks. Lots of colds going around right now, too. I'll keep my mask on for a bit.

This is the first time I’m hearing of such a thing. Sounds like management at your store went rogue with that.

Or maybe it’s a state thing.

More likely theft since TMs were supposed to be paid 4 hours payroll if they were vaccinated.
If they lied about getting the shot & were paid for those hours they could be termed for wage theft.

Back