With the Delta variant increasing cases, what percentage of team members and guests are wearing masks?

Absolutely nobody wears a mask anywhere I go.

Unless your wearing a n95 or kn95 you aren't any safer by still wearing one.
The surgical/cloth masks just stop you from spreading it, if your in a crowd it does almost nothing to stop you from breathing it in.

I'm vaccinated and still wear kn95 masks and get the looks.
Amazing how they say half the country is vaccinated but 99% Don't wear a mask and pretend they are.
Good job cdc and government.

Absolutely nobody wears a mask anywhere I go.

Unless your wearing a n95 or kn95 you aren't any safer by still wearing one.
The surgical/cloth masks just stop you from spreading it, if your in a crowd it does almost nothing to stop you from breathing it in.

I'm vaccinated and still wear kn95 masks and get the looks.
Amazing how they say half the country is vaccinated but 99% Don't wear a mask and pretend they are.
Good job cdc and government.
They really dropped the ball on this one.

im so tired of masks this and that we just have to understand covid aint going away and just live with it. i feel everyone who really wanted the vaccine has gotten it by now and the only way out if after covid doesnt have anyone left to infect.

Ima stay mask free and unvaccinated and continue to because the vaccine doesn’t work and the CDC continues to brainwash and scare people. Whole thing is a joke at this point.

Ryd.gif

I had to look the stats up earlier today. So far, the breakthrough rate is 0.098%. Hospitalization rate of breakthrough cases is even more rare, 0.004%. Over 97% of COVID-19 cases in hospitals are unvaccinated people. The uptick in new cases are happening to unvaccinated people. So far, the only cases researchers have found of vaccinated people passing it on are with breakthrough cases. If you don't have it, they aren't seeing anyone getting it from your non-sick hiney.

Those kind of numbers is beyond reassuring. That's better than the chicken pox vaccine effectiveness. That's a hell of a lot better than the flu vaccine effectiveness. Y'all that were running around maskless during flu season 2018 and 2019, why was that failure rate acceptable and 0.098% not acceptable?

So the failure rate is so itty bitty, the cry of "but you can pass it on" is not really that big of a worry. So no need for masks now.

Last edited:
I'll be honest, I have teeth that make people think I do meth (I don't, I just never bothered to give a shit about myself until recently), so I'm going to keep wearing the mask until I'm told it's no longer allowed. Who knows when that might be.

People started treating me a little better once I started wearing it. It's like a safeguard from certain assumptions.

Ima stay mask free and unvaccinated and continue to because the vaccine doesn’t work and the CDC continues to brainwash and scare people. Whole thing is a joke at this point.

I’m going to be wearing my mask in the short term just because I have a bit of a nasty cold, I thought it could be covid but I had a test come back negative.

Unfortunately, they take a lot of others with them.
Early on, I'd have agreed. But now there are vaccinations. The very few breakthrough cases are mild. Most of the people unvaccinated are unvaccinated by choice. So they get other like-minded wilfully unvaccinated people sick. Those other people are also Darwin award contenders.

If there was even an itty bitty hope that reason would change their mind, it'd be worth trying. But not at this point. Those who are unvaccinated (except by medical necessity) will stay that way because they have made up their mind and nothing is going to change it. Trying to do so is spitting into the wind when you are downwind. Not worth wiping the spittle off your face.

Fight the battle you can win. Do you really think you can change a vaccination stance? If so, please talk to the horrible breeders who think a dead child is better than a child with autism. Look at the people who caught such a bad case they ended up in hospitals. Near death has changed only a few people's minds. Seeing close ones die has changed only a few people's minds. The bulk of the wilfully unvaccinated people will not and have not been changed, even by death and near-death.

Back