Answered Work Permit?

I have my orientation tomorrow. I needed a new work permit so I sent my paper work to my school a week ago. Yesterday they said they’re going to wait for multiple work permits so they can send them out in bunches. I asked to pick it up and they said no. The paper said if you don’t have everything required they won’t let you begin. How do I explain to the orientation leader the situation bc even my mom said it sounds made up?

Some states require minors to get work permits to let employer of minor & school status.

OP: Proceed with orientation. Let the TM over the orientation meeting know of the status. Target may request a faxed or digital copy.

Some states require minors to get work permits to let employer of minor & school status.
Of course they need a work permit. But since work permits are issued and regulated by the state, why go through the school? Are the schools issuing their own that are not the state's, or are they encouraging unnecessary layers of bureaucracy?

OP, it might be faster if you contact the state directly.

Of course they need a work permit. But since work permits are issued and regulated by the state, why go through the school? Are the schools issuing their own that are not the state's, or are they encouraging unnecessary layers of bureaucracy?

OP, it might be faster if you contact the state directly.
School May have to sign to verify it’s not interfering or to show kid is in school or to confirm hours... etc etc

In Michigan you get a work permit from the local high school. You legally have to have one if you're under 18, and you can't do orientation without it.

Call the store and tell them what your school said. You may have legal recourse depending on your state.

Back