Work Standard, Non Conveyable

Why aren’t TM’s getting corrective actions for not hitting CPH?

Last edited:
Non-conveyable standards / Non-conveyable rework standards.

The process isn’t being followed. Freight isn’t being audited and TMs are sorting a label and not paying attention to DCPI’s. They don’t even know any of the jump codes. RW-TM doesn’t have time to leave the NCON pit because of how dense the drops are getting. The RW-TM’s need to start going out and auditing the NCON pallets going to stores. I have seen so many wrong store #’s on different pallets going to the wrong store.

The process isn’t being followed. Freight isn’t being audited and TMs are sorting a label and not paying attention to DCPI’s. They don’t even know any of the jump codes. RW-TM doesn’t have time to leave the NCON pit because of how dense the drops are getting. The RW-TM’s need to start going out and auditing the NCON pallets going to stores. I have seen so many wrong store #’s on different pallets going to the wrong store.
What? Lol.
Try asking questions that aren't specific to your own situation. We cannot answer what is going on at your DC. At my DC Asset Protection audits all noncon pallets at minimum once per day. Our OMs and TMs on light duty will also do this if they have the opportunity.
Us sorters will also correct the issues if we notice them as we sort.
During audits if an issue is noticed it is brought up to the TM in question.
There isn't really much to errors in NC sort, just placing the item on the pallet before/after the correct store. In the grand scheme of things it isn't really that big a deal CA is hardly needed for something so trivial in the grand scheme of things. The best punishment is and always will be taking guys who makes lots of errors and not letting them sort.

We have completely changed the way we operate as a department since we have had a new SOM come into play. Out with the old and in with the new.

Your OMs aren't doing their job. Plain and simple. Probably not even looking at trailer feedback forms or following up. No followups means no notes and no CA's so no consequences.

Give it time. Someone will either come down hard on or replace your senior and then shake everything up.

Aging freight purges while scan gaps/cherry picking increase?

Last edited:
Aging freight purges while scan gaps/cherry picking increases?
We have a system in place where we blockade off all of the noncon with orange cones. Only one row is left exposed at a time to control what pallets are being taken. Typically it's just done in a left-to-right fashion to maintain order and aid in clearing out space for the noncon GPMers but we also utilize this to ensure older freight is sorted first, or if there is a specific reason we want something sorted first or not sorted yet.
Maybe try that especially since you will be in that area auditing all day you can control what people take.

Your OMs aren't doing their job. Plain and simple. Probably not even looking at trailer feedback forms or following up. No followups means no notes and no CA's so no consequences.

Give it time. Someone will either come down hard on or replace your senior and then shake everything up.
Someone needs to come down hard! ASAP/SOS

We have a system in place where we blockade off all of the noncon with orange cones. Only one row is left exposed at a time to control what pallets are being taken. Typically it's just done in a left-to-right fashion to maintain order and aid in clearing out space for the noncon GPMers but we also utilize this to ensure older freight is sorted first, or if there is a specific reason we want something sorted first or not sorted yet.
Maybe try that especially since you will be in that area auditing all day you can control what people take.
This is the new system/standard we are trying to implement. Too many OM’s/TM’s aren’t following suit.

MBP can keep sending us flex-ins! They abide by the standard. They have higher production CPH’s and less scan gaps then most of our seasoned TM’s. Plus they don’t cry about having to throw conveyable’s. 💪🏻

The GPM’ers and ICQA on my key are becoming in-sync with OB and the new noncon standards. 😮‍💨

How come flex-ins have higher CPH’s then our seasoned sorters and they follow the standard? I don’t know why there’s no accountability for production anymore. Once upon a time you could be written up for not running at 100% after you finished ramping.

Last edited:

I wish the RW-TM’s could issue CA’s for them ^

Does any TM do SUL audits while performing the many functions of the RW-TM? What audits do they have you TM’s doin anyway. ICQA is about to run me threw this Excel sheet again with a bunch of Stores/doors/UPC’s all over it. Everything must get loaded. Skip diverting.

Last edited:
We do the same thing at my DC and it still doesn't help with cherry picking. It only helps when someone is babysitting the NC and watching if people cherry pick. The best way to keep people cherry picking. Write them up. The message will get across.

We do the same thing at my DC and it still doesn't help with cherry picking. It only helps when someone is babysitting the NC and watching if people cherry pick. The best way to keep people cherry picking. Write them up. The message will get across.
I’ve noticed a difference in the different batch sizes. It’s more difficult to navigate DPM with small batches. There is no way to prevent cherry picking. So I try and let the computer know what Z # was last associated with building that ncon carton that ends up at RW. Then the header can be located and the beginning of the discrepancy found. Staff less but have more efficiency….$
The other day I found out I could hit my CPH for 10 hrs off one stand of labels in a hr or less because it’s all in one batch.

Built takes longer systematically where load is instant. 15 mins is a long time. You know what I’m saying?

Last edited:
I’ve noticed a difference in the different batch sizes. It’s more difficult to navigate DPM with small batches. There is no way to prevent cherry picking. So I try and let the computer know what Z # was last associated with building that ncon carton that ends up at RW. Then the header can be located and the beginning of the discrepancy found. Staff less but have more efficiency….$
The other day I found out I could hit my CPH for 10 hrs off one stand of labels in a hr or less because it’s all in one batch.
Yea not having the batch from the get go makes it harder to find out who sorted the carton. You can't fully prevent cherry picking but you can show there are consequences for doing it if caught and that's where the OMs come into play. If they let the leads input max notes I think that would help the OM push for CAs and will show that a team lead CAN do something about people not following process. All in all it comes down to accountability. The one thing about NC sort that sucks that you can staff less people but depending on what you're sorting you won't hit CPH which means you end up losing money. It costs the same to sort a bag of dog food and a TV even if it takes 3 times as long to sort it when you have to take it to the door. Less doesn't ALWAYS mean efficient and having less can entice cherry picking. If Target wanted to make real money off sort they wouldn't have a CPH that is stagnant on how much the team does on a trend but based off what the cubiscan of the product that is being sorted that day. The bigger the product the less that each person can sort so the more people you will need where the smaller the product the more they can sort and the less people you need.

Yea not having the batch from the get go makes it harder to find out who sorted the carton. You can't fully prevent cherry picking but you can show there are consequences for doing it if caught and that's where the OMs come into play. If they let the leads input max notes I think that would help the OM push for CAs and will show that a team lead CAN do something about people not following process. All in all it comes down to accountability. The one thing about NC sort that sucks that you can staff less people but depending on what you're sorting you won't hit CPH which means you end up losing money. It costs the same to sort a bag of dog food and a TV even if it takes 3 times as long to sort it when you have to take it to the door. Less doesn't ALWAYS mean efficient and having less can entice cherry picking. If Target wanted to make real money off sort they wouldn't have a CPH that is stagnant on how much the team does on a trend but based off what the cubiscan of the product that is being sorted that day. The bigger the product the less that each person can sort so the more people you will need where the smaller the product the more they can sort and the less people you need.
Say less

Back