Archived working at Target for 10 yrs question

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetargetman

I am a Guest once again!
Ok I was mentioning to a friend at work today about reaching 10yrs and she told me that "oh after 10yrs if you leave you get to keep your Target discount" several people have mentioned that but is it even true?
thanks

thanks. yea I thought it sounded way too good to be true.
From targetpayandbenefits.com info page.
Retiree Discount and Retirement Gift

1. You may be eligible for the Target retiree discount privilege, as well as a retirement gift, if you meet all of the following criteria:❏❏ Are at least 55 years old when you leave the company.

❏❏ Have 10 years of credited and continuous service, starting after your latest hire date. A year of credited service is a calendar year in which you were paid for 1,000 or more hours. (If you were age 45 or older and an active team member on December 31, 2002, five years of credited and continuous service will qualify under the grandfathered rule. Note: If you left the company and were rehired January 1, 2003 or after, you need to meet the 10-year eligibility rules.)

If you are eligible for a retirement gift, you will receive information in the mail approximately two months after your retirement date.

I bet I can count on one hand how many people Spot has allowed to work at the store level and retire with those benefits.

I reached ten years this year cant believe its been that long lol thats cool aabout the vacation part though

Except (effective Jan 1, 2016) you can no longer bank your vac more than one & a half of your annual accrual &, unless your state mandates it by law, you no longer get any unpaid vac paid out upon leaving Target.
I got 4.5 weeks paid out when I left recently but that won't fly next year.

From targetpayandbenefits.com info page.
Retiree Discount and Retirement Gift

1. You may be eligible for the Target retiree discount privilege, as well as a retirement gift, if you meet all of the following criteria:❏❏ Are at least 55 years old when you leave the company.

❏❏ Have 10 years of credited and continuous service, starting after your latest hire date. A year of credited service is a calendar year in which you were paid for 1,000 or more hours. (If you were age 45 or older and an active team member on December 31, 2002, five years of credited and continuous service will qualify under the grandfathered rule. Note: If you left the company and were rehired January 1, 2003 or after, you need to meet the 10-year eligibility rules.)

If you are eligible for a retirement gift, you will receive information in the mail approximately two months after your retirement date.
boo... I am way too young. but hey I knew it sounded too good to be true! :D

Except (effective Jan 1, 2016) you can no longer bank your vac more than one & a half of your annual accrual &, unless your state mandates it by law, you no longer get any unpaid vac paid out upon leaving Target.
I got 4.5 weeks paid out when I left recently but that won't fly next year.

I asked my ETL-HR, so if we plan to quit should we slowly use up all our vacation? or if we use it all at once would that be a dead giveaway?

She laughed, thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back