Archived Working Eight Hour Shifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuestWho

"Putting the 'Hard' in 'Hardlines'"
Hey, I have a small question maybe you guys can help with.

When working an 8 hour shift, do you get "Two 15 minute breaks" or "One 30 minutes break"?

Also, is it safe to not take your 15 minute break?

In my state we're supposed to get two 15min breaks and 1 lunch (30-45mins). My gstl very rarely remembers the 2nd break though. I just bum around the break room for the extra 15mins before clocking out.
We're strongly reminded to "not hit our 5", which is our 5th hour of work. We need to clock out for lunch by then.

Everyone else is right.

Try to take all of your breaks, but do know leadership will often coerce you into continuing to work past your last break... so you don't get one. Other-wise if you take one, they're probably gonna say "oh ok well can you stay later if you don't get everything done then?"

true story. Wish I was joking.

Thanks guys! I just need to be sure before I take all three. I'd ask a LOD but they've been so busy as of late, I can never get a hold of them!

@buliSBI @Sloth

Thanks. I'll be sure to take all of my breaks. Wouldn't want to get into trouble! 😅

Hey, I have a small question maybe you guys can help with.

When working an 8 hour shift, do you get "Two 15 minute breaks" or "One 30 minutes break"?

Also, is it safe to not take your 15 minute break?

At my store they combine our two 15s into one 30 minute paid break. And then a 45 minute unpaid break.

Nah. Our store we were specifically told you have to take your 15s, and you cannot split them, nor combine them together. And 30s are 30s, before compliance, but we don't need to take them by our 5th hour, but then again we don't live in a 5th hour state.

At my store they combine our two 15s into one 30 minute paid break. And then a 45 minute unpaid break.
What, really? I don't if that's better or worse! I can't stand sitting around on my 15 minutes. I don't know what I'd do if I have a 30 and a 45!

What, really? I don't if that's better or worse! I can't stand sitting around on my 15 minutes. I don't know what I'd do if I have a 30 and a 45!

Depends on the day and the workload of the day lol. If before the break, it’s been really busy and tiring, then a 30 minute break is welcome. But on days that are slow and boring and I just want the day over with, the 30 minute break sucks and goes really slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back