Archived Working for target again??

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was a team lead and got terminated from my store in the beginning of March. Now there are other stores in my area. My attendance was great and I have experience to do other area like standard flow team members or hardline or cafe/Starbucks. So how possible is it to apply at the other targets and have a shot? They have the same district team lead so would I be automatically disqualified from ever working from target again?

I'd see if you can find out if you're re-hireable or not. When you're terminated you're marked either non-rehireable or rehireable, depends on the reasons or grounds on your termination

probably too soon,but as with all things that are 100 % clear cut at Target,it depends.One excellent tl I worked with was so stressed that he actually walked off the job twice over the course of a few years,and was hired back as a team leader a couple of months later on each occasion ,it helps a lot if people that matter liked you.

So I was a team lead and got terminated from my store in the beginning of March. Now there are other stores in my area. My attendance was great and I have experience to do other area like standard flow team members or hardline or cafe/Starbucks. So how possible is it to apply at the other targets and have a shot? They have the same district team lead so would I be automatically disqualified from ever working from target again?

^ Why do I keep thinking this post should be in the sarcasm font?

If your attendance wasn’t the reason you got fired then I’m thinking they probably won’t want to hire you again, could be wrong though

I wish you luck though

A rehireable-marked TM must wait 90 days (I believe) to re-apply to any Target.

Usually a term is a non-rehireable event unless it was a voluntary leave, seasonal employment...

I am going to be honest with you: Based on what you wrote, it sounds like you were let go. If you were fired, then you have a 99.99% chance of not being able to return to any Target across the country for many years. Unless an HR person doesn't screen your application properly or decides to take a chance on you, you chances are not good. All stores can see your rehirability status and will most likely turn you down if you were marked as non-rehirable (a guarantee if you were fired).

I should have clarified but I was termed from my team lead position for “failure to perform basic core roles.” I couldn’t meet my performance goals and couldn’t hold my team accountable on a consistent basis.

I feel like it was marked as non rehireable but isn’t that just one stores experience if it was performance related? I feel like I could excel at a standard team member position or team leader in another area. Should I apply and plead my case to the new store, which is located in another city in the same state?

I feel like it was marked as non rehireable but isn’t that just one stores experience if it was performance related? I feel like I could excel at a standard team member position or team leader in another area. Should I apply and plead my case to the new store, which is located in another city in the same state?
Call & find out what your rehire status is.
If it's red, most stores will decline no matter how you plead your case.
If a store is short-handed & desperate enough they might consider taking a chance.
First, check your status.

Sometimes I do fantasize about working at Target again, but with the fact that I was just converted to Full-Time at Wally-world with a guaranteed 35 Hrs a week, it makes that dream impossible. :( But hey I do like to check up with old friends at Target :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back