Worried i may get fired for this.

So today , on the cashier I'm pretty sure I got scammed. This couple had a total of $1,423 , but 417 of it was Visa gift cards. Anyway she gave me all of it in cash. At one point I counted $ 1,300.

After that she took all the money back and started counting it out. I saw her doing it and it looked good. I guess at one point she must of switched something up. After the order I went back and counted and was $500-600 dollars short. I've been at target for over a year. What are the chances I get fired?

Short change artists are really good at making cashiers feel pressured not to count money, same as any scam. There's a confidence element.

This is why we have to be blunt like Yetive said, you're always the last to count it. A similar thing with the "cash card" or "K1" scam, where the scammer gets you to hit 'cash' and put in an amount while they pretend to pay at the machine with a "cash card." The way to combat that is to train advocates that cash literally means cash, and to never press cash unless they are being handed cash money. You wouldn't think bluffs like this would work, but they are highly successful because of human nature.

say stop to the guest. Control the event. I had who wanted 4 items & we have limits on them. Then the credit card got declined...I made them fight for it after that. They were yelling at me. Under my breath, give me a reason to say no & get out with nothing please.

So today , on the cashier I'm pretty sure I got scammed. This couple had a total of $1,423 , but 417 of it was Visa gift cards. Anyway she gave me all of it in cash. At one point I counted $ 1,300.

After that she took all the money back and started counting it out. I saw her doing it and it looked good. I guess at one point she must of switched something up. After the order I went back and counted and was $500-600 dollars short. I've been at target for over a year. What are the chances I get fired?
Coached if your leader is nice. Written if they drinking the Kool-aid. Next time call a leader over so they can redirect your line and allow you time to count the money but also so they know you are dealing with that type of gift card transaction. I rather you call me over for this than price match something that's a $3 difference

Back