I'm Lost! Would you rehire me?

Ok wassup, I’m meatwagon now it’s time tell my story of how I got termed. So beginning of August 8, 2018 I started my job at target as an electronics tm I’ve worked there for 9months and have knowledge of an ETL. I got termed for theft of 17k in 3months ...*shocker* , how’d I do it? Well let’s start on how it was presented to me in the scariest way ...mind you I’m new at this establishment. It all happened in December before Xmas. There was a couple who walked into the store looking for mad expensive things got google homes iPods phones etc. I’m the only guy in the area in fact I had electronics by myself. So thy came in got all these this things and I rang it up. So the guy begins to say have you ever seen this card before because you have to use it a certain way in order for the transaction to pass. So I say no but we’ll figure it out (indeed we did) so I rang up everything came out to be 1.2k they lady first left and went to get 5 $200 target prepaid cards. The guy then swiped the card (cash app card) then tells me to hit k1 enter (ran as a cash transaction) I felt something wasn’t right so he swiped the card nothing happened I mean absolutely nothing. I told him to insert the chip it’s not gonna work swiping but the chip was chipped so I proceeded with transaction and it went thru I did the samething for him so they walked out with about $3k put together. later on my break I’m thinking to myself I really fucked up idk what to do and I don’t wanna just say these people had no money cause what if they did, obviously they didn’t so they got away and I’m baffled. I thought On what happened for about 3 days then shit got real the next 2 months. Me and my brother were about to lose everything we had due bills car notes and children. So then I called him up and said I had a plan to get us out this shit hole ...somebody had to do it or else. So I called him told him to come up to the store and gave specific directions...laid it all out for him...nothing but baby clothing and baby food this wasn’t like we werent doing this to just to be doing it...but anywho this is personal and we need to stay afloat by all means. He came in did the same thing that happened to me but mostly just getting the cards to take care of some real life issues. He then brought me the cards and I’d ring them up we started with atleast $1500 per week this started in January ended in March, it then grew from $100 to $2500 for the next 2 months. So we’ve been doing this for 3 months straight...so on the month of March 26 2018 was the day it all ended. Hr sends somebody back to get me then they questioned me obviously then I heard the dumbest question in the room from AP capt. “do you know what I do here?” Not gonna lie giggled abit but I told him whatever he wanted to hear I didn’t lie about NOTHING I told them everything how it started to how it should’ve ended. I should left. So yeah they put us in the holding tank until the cops arrived said that we could face up to 2-4yrs but ended being in jail for several hours. So now I looked on my criminal history and there’s no charges of theft on my background why is that? Is cause they lawsuit I’ve opted into because target violated background checks and racial profiling of black or Latinos to be hired back in 2006-2014 ...they said on the lawsuit I can either be granted $1k or be eligible for hire or rehire despite previous work history?. I’m not hoping to get my job back or anything I just wanted to get this off my chest I know it was a wrongful act but times got hard I hope you all could relate.

I know of one former poster on here, and at least one current one, who became homeless at one point in their lives and were able to get it together without resorting to stealing. You say you "neded to stay afloat by all means," but now that you are out of a job and have a criminal record, you seem pretty chill about the whole thing. If this did happen (and there are some aspects of your story that seem dubious) you thought you were being smart but you were just stupid. So, in answer to your question, would I rehire you?
NO.

The lawsuit is for people that weren't hired because they were black or latino, sounds like you got hired 💁‍♀️ second, I'd imagine you were termed as not rehireable. Just move on and go try your luck at Walmart

No prejudice at the store on Neptune, every single race, gender, persuasion, age etc was equally represented with respect. The bullshit started with one garbage TL. Others were fine, most tolerable and the majority were great.

I know of one former poster on here, and at least one current one, who became homeless at one point in their lives and were able to get it together without resorting to stealing. You say you "neded to stay afloat by all means," but now that you are out of a job and have a criminal record, you seem pretty chill about the whole thing. If this did happen (and there are some aspects of your story that seem dubious) you thought you were being smart but you were just stupid. So, in answer to your question, would I rehire you?
NO.
I don’t have a criminal record and I am pretty chill I knew what I was doing Stealing nobody's perfect. But does that homeless man have kids it’s big difference between his situation and ours

The lawsuit is for people that weren't hired because they were black or latino, sounds like you got hired 💁‍♀️ second, I'd imagine you were termed as not rehireable. Just move on and go try your luck at Walmart
I did move on happily. Walmart was the move but I’m in a some much better position. None of that really matters

To give you mfs something to read that’s why. I’m kidding but shit I didn’t ask for anything. Title said “would you rehire me?” And “Not I need opinions?”... thank you tho gladly. But Ima music producer..not gonna lie the money was good asf but stolen and idgaf about it I’m just one of those guys who gets it how I see it. Besides target was just a chest move (grunts) but if ever I am granted the opportunity to be work there again ...HELL NO the store manager has scrotum problem prejudice and rude asf ...city place dallas tx aka (micha)...I just wanted to see if anyone can see past the bullshit and understand where I’m coming from just a simple yes or no and 1 sentence answer. Not looking for a yes but great replies

Lol thank you but no thank you I’m not looking for anything specific ...I wasn’t trying to entertain you or anyone but like I said I just had that on my chest. And SERIOUSLY doubt all you are hiring managers maybe you are idk but I see wym tho. NEXT

Lol thank you but no thank you I’m not looking for anything specific ...I wasn’t trying to entertain you or anyone but like I said I just had that on my chest. And SERIOUSLY doubt all you are hiring managers maybe you are idk but I see wym tho. NEXT
You’re an idiot!😂NEXT....

You know what's a good invention? Paragraphs.

Whenever I train new people, I tell them three things that will pretty much assure they never get termed.
1. Show up.
2. Help guests and have a good attitude.
3. Don't steal shit.

To be brutally honest, I would never rehire you. People who've broken into our store have been incarcerated for stealing less than you.

HOLY WALL OF TEXT BATMAN!
This is stupid hard to read, what can we do about it?
Lets edit this shit and have it make sense why don't we.

And maybe make some comments on the way.
Black is edits and red is comments.

Ok wassup, I’m Meatwagon.
Now it’s time tell my story of how I got termed. See how much easier it is to read this?
So at the beginning of August 8, 2018 I started my job at Target as an electronics TM.
I had worked there for 9 months and thought I had the knowledge of an ETL.
I got termed for theft of 17k in 3 months ...*shocker* , Not really.
How did I do it? Well let’s start on how it was presented to me in the scariest way. (You also want to put in paragraph breaks to make it easier to read.)

Mind you I’m new at this establishment. It all happened in December before Xmas.
There was a couple who walked into the store looking for mad expensive things. They got google homes, iPods, phones, etc.
I’m the only guy in the area, in fact I had electronics by myself. So they came in, got all these this things and I rang it up.
So, the guy begins to says, "Have you ever seen this card before, because you have to use it a certain way in order for the transaction to pass?"
So I say, "No but we’ll figure it out." (indeed we did) I'd say you didn't figure it out very well.
So I rang up everything and it came out to be 1.2k. Try not to start your sentences with So quite as often, it's really tedious.
The lady first left and went to get 5 $200 target prepaid cards. The guy then swiped the card (cash app card), then tells me to hit k1 enter (ran as a cash transaction).

I felt something wasn’t right, so he swiped the card.
Nothing happened, I mean absolutely nothing. Not sure why, if you had the knowledge of an ETL, why you didn't cancel the order or call for help.
I told him to insert the chip, it’s not gonna work swiping but the chip was chipped so I proceeded with transaction and it went thru.
I did the same thing for him so they walked out with about $3k put together.
Later on my break I’m thinking to myself I really fucked up.
idk what to do and I don’t wanna just say these people had no money cause what if they did, obviously they didn’t so they got away and I’m baffled. So you got burned and didn't report it to AP, that's kind of a bad start. You started off covering your ass rather then admitting you made a mistake.

I thought on what happened for about 3 days, then shit got real the next 2 months.
Me and my brother were about to lose everything we had due bills, car notes, and children.
So then I called him up and said I had a plan to get us out this shit hole, (somebody had to do it or else). And what was your brother doing?
So I called him, told him to come up to the store and gave specific directions. Instead of coming up with other methods to get out of the hole you and your brother were in you went straight to fucking over your employer.
I laid it all out for him. Nothing but baby clothing and baby food, this wasn’t like we weren't doing this to just to be doing it
But anywho this is personal and we need to stay afloat by all means. Would I steal to feed my kids, of course I would. Would I go fill out the reams of paperwork for food stamps or go to a Food Bank first? I did. I've been poor and up against the wall. Sorry dude, no sympathy.
He came in did the same thing that happened to me but mostly just getting the cards to take care of some real life issues. How many kids did you two have that you spent 17K in three month on diapers and baby food?
He then brought me the cards and I’d ring them up we started with at least $1500 per week this started in January ended in March, it then grew from $100 to $2500 for the next 2 months.

So we’ve been doing this for 3 months straight but March 26, 2018 was the day it all ended.
HR sends somebody back to get me then they questioned me obviously.
Then I heard the dumbest question in the room from AP capt, “Do you know what I do here?”
Not gonna lie giggled a bit but I told him whatever he wanted to hear. I didn’t lie about ANYTHING! Good for you, nice to know you can steal but not lie.
I told them everything, how it started to how it should’ve ended. I should left.
So yeah they put us in the holding tank until the cops arrived.
Said that we could face up to 2-4 yrs but ended being in jail for several hours.

So now I looked on my criminal history and there’s no charges of theft on my background.
Why is that? It's because of the lawsuit I’ve opted into where target violated background checks and racial profiling of black or Latinos to be hired back in 2006-2014.
They said on the lawsuit I can either be granted $1k or be eligible for hire or rehire despite previous work history. So you have benefited from the people who got screwed over by Target's bad policies, nice, good for you.
I’m not hoping to get my job back or anything. I just wanted to get this off my chest. Glad we could be here for you.
I know it was a wrongful act but times got hard. I hope you all could relate.
Like I said, I've been through rough fucking times and never resorted to stealing.
I'm not going to say I wouldn't have things got really bad but if you have a job it is possible to get by.
Far be it for me to judge anybodies life, I've made some pretty fucked up decisions in mine, but I suspect you won't find too much sympathy here.

Last edited:
Back