Archived X-Mas Toy Flipping 2016 is in full swing - Hatchimals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked my TL about it, and she said we're still doing 1 but she isn't gonna be there on Sunday so idk how that's gonna play out

We are doing 2 per household. If that makes sense something about buy 1 get second at a lower price snd dont forget the toy coupon. Lol.

3 people in line outside, no idea what for but it is freezing. Bet we have zero hatching ugly eggs or NES and Pizza Hut not opn yet.

A few days ago, a woman waiting outside was harassing TMs that she "called corporate so she knows" we had them in the building. :rolleyes: LOD had to announce for TMs not to answer the questions themselves.

We are doing 2 per household. If that makes sense something about buy 1 get second at a lower price snd dont forget the toy coupon. Lol.
We're only doing one per guest. I don't think we got that many over the past few days.

We're going to end up with 30 before opening tomorrow. 4 are Target exclusives.

Were also limiting them to one per guest.

It's snowing in chicago, and will until midday tomorrow. 8 inches since I got to work this evening. We've already got guests ready to wait it out for the morning. By open, we will have maybe 15 inches. People don't care x.x

Guess who got man handled into picking up a 10am-2pm shift tomorrow

God fucking damn it I cant say no to the ETL Op

I generously gave away my opening shift for tomorrow. AKA I noped right the fuck out. Gave it to a sales floor TM desperate for hours.

We had people camped out at 8PM, one of the people at the front of the line being a TL. Is it this crazy every single year?

I generously gave away my opening shift for tomorrow. AKA I noped right the fuck out. Gave it to a sales floor TM desperate for hours.

We had people camped out at 8PM, one of the people at the front of the line being a TL. Is it this crazy every single year?
So the parent spent longer in line than their kid will spend playing with and getting bored of the toy.

So this happened. We have more Hatchimals (40) now than I have ever seen. We are going to have these on an end cap. Limit 2 per guest, no tickets. It is going to be a free for all when the doors open. Good Lord, this sh!tshow is going to get somebody hurt.

Related, my buddy works at a larger store than mine about 5 minutes away and they are only getting 1 case of Hatchimals before Sunday. WTF distribution?

Sorry to have left you in suspense, but here is how this played out. We ended up having 44 Hatchimals for Sunday morning as two more cases came in on Saturday night. I did not work Saturday evening, but it sounds like the first guests began lining up around 7pm. And, we were in the middle of a snowstorm, so these guests sat in a snowstorm all night long. Fast forward 12 hours, and 7” of snow later. My shift started at 7AM. The line is wrapped around the side of our building. I would guess we have between 100-150 guests in line (some with small children, including babies). I also learned that we got 12 NES Classics (although some brickseek app said we had 50). Again, we did not do tickets – my ETL is kind of old school. He doesn’t put up with crap, but I think he secretly enjoys watching the pandemonium to get the hard to find products. Doors open at 7. All the Hatchimals are on and end cap, and two side caps at the end of our Legos. At 7, the doors are unlocked, and I sh!t you not, it looked like a f’ing stampede of buffalo. It was our own little running of the bulls! It was a sight to see. Some of these guests looked like they could use a little exercise, so I am glad Target could help.

Once the guests reached the back of the store, they had to make a choice as we made them form 2 lines. NES was lined up at the electronics boat, and hatchimals were lined up at the end cap. Once a person picked their two hatchimals, they were ushered to electronics to check out. We had three TM’s at each location ensuring either 1 NES or 2 Hatchimals per guest. Oddly enough, the line for NES was longer by at least 3 times. The first 22 guests in the Hatchimals line purchased 2 toys each, leaving a few dozen guests with none, and some furious attitudes. The first 15 in the NES line got the NES, leaving about 100 others asking where are the other 35 NES’s that were on Brickseek.

We wrapped all the sales up within 45 minutes, and my ETL dealt with unhappy customers. Other than the counts being off on Brickseek for NES, the main complaint is that we allowed 2 Hatchimals per guest instead of 1. A couple of people also complained that since they were first in line, they should have been entitled to 2 Hatchimals and 1 NES – they hated that they had to choose which line they wanted to be in. Regarding the 2 Hatchimals per guest, sounds like my ETL punted responsibility to a corporate decision that was advertised in the weekly. Fortunately nobody got hurt in the stampede, however, there were several guests who claimed they lost out on an item because somebody from behind them in line outside of the store beat them to the line in the back of the store. I cannot describe how funny it is to see a grown ass adult throwing a 4 year old temper tantrum because they didn’t get the toy or gaming system they wanted. Those guests were invited to go stand in line at the store down the street from us that opened at 8am. I am sure the entire experience resulted in several complaint calls. The whole hour was a riot to me.

We got 5 cases in today through UPS. I signed for it while the receiver was on lunch and I think I startled the UPS driver when I saw them and yelled "oh holy shit!" I believe the plan is to leave them in the security lockup and check them in tomorrow morning at 4.

We got 5 cases in today through UPS. I signed for it while the receiver was on lunch and I think I startled the UPS driver when I saw them and yelled "oh holy shit!" I believe the plan is to leave them in the security lockup and check them in tomorrow morning at 4.
We got 4 cases via UPS too. Went straight to the floor. There were several very happy guests randomly finding them on the shelf at 5PM as opposed to having to wait in line before the store opens.

Stumbled upon the remains of my hatchimals display we have in toys, someone stole my display, they left the batteries.

LOL!

Last edited:
we had no line today so 2 TMs got in line and the each got a hatchimal.

Now that we are getting them on the UPS truck throughout the day, the ETL is putting 1 in the home location the other on an endcap and watching to make sure no one fights over them and
that only 1 per guest.

So they will be put out randomly throughout the day .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back