i don’t know if that’s sarcasm babes but covid related absences are against the current attendance policies if you don’t know that. if it’s covid related it isn’t part of attendance.
Oh honey, I don’t take anything covid related lightly. Just thought I would offer some support..... sounds like you’ve had one hell of a ride.

i don’t know if that’s sarcasm babes but covid related absences are against the current attendance policies if you don’t know that. if it’s covid related it isn’t part of attendance.

Oh honey, I don’t take anything covid related lightly. Just thought I would offer some support..... sounds like you’ve had one hell of a ride.

🍿😎🥤

Hey, you start off with "babes" you're going to get it right on back.

And jumping from a mention of an attendance problem to writing to corporate, that's a pretty immature way to try and get your point across, but that immaturity also explain "babes."

If you want to be an adult, save all your medical paperwork, speak to your ETL and HR along with offering copies of the medical paperwork, and then realize that they may still decide you're flaky so you better look for the escape hatch in case you need it, sweetums.

I have worked at Target since December. I am seasonal. I have called out because of COVID scare end of January (i went in physically and asked them if they felt comfortable with me working). I took 5 days off to go visit my family as my great aunt was in the hospital and when i got home i was REQUIRED to quarantine so I was off for 1 weeks. Then I called in once again last weekend because i was throwing up. Now I have a fever and might have COVID (got tested yesterday, results have not came yet) and I called, my team lead answered and she said “well just to let u know your attendance has been a problem since you started” i’m like ???? Do you want me to come in sick? Because I will. What do you think this means? I’m seasonal, but i don’t know it i’m staying or what’s happening. But I want to write to HQ about it since two of the times I’ve been absent have been COVID related, now they’re making me feel bad for being sick.
Not knocking how tight of a Family you may come from....But, the week off for a "Great Aunt" being sick & a week of quarantine to follow probably won't sit well with your limited work frame on top of the other Call-outs. ( Not just Target, but most jobs)

From an HR stand point, yes, we do not want people coming in sick. However, you mentioned all your absences are Covid related. I have experienced certain employees who tended to use Covid as a frequent absence excuse. Also, Los Angeles is no longer the hot spot it was back in January. Rates are going down in California and a lot of things are reopening because of this.

i don’t know if that’s sarcasm babes but covid related absences are against the current attendance policies if you don’t know that.
Any proof related to these 2 separate weeks off for Covid ? Then Is the part where you went in and asked if they are comfortable with you working ( did they said no? Clearly you had a guilty conscience to even ask that ) then you took 5 days off and went visiting your great aunt . Came back and took more days off . So to me that’s just you abusing the COVID policy while you have no proof of actually getting tested up until yesterday which that to me is also questionable . But hey go ahead and be rude to me too . I call it like I see it . And what I see is that you should either quit or be fired for abusing COVID policy to visit your great aunt In a hospital during a pandemic .

Last edited:
From an HR stand point, yes, we do not want people coming in sick. However, you mentioned all your absences are Covid related. I have experienced certain employees who tended to use Covid as a frequent absence excuse. Also, Los Angeles is no longer the hot spot it was back in January. Rates are going down in California and a lot of things are reopening because of this.
Exactly he/she is abusing the policy .

From an HR stand point, yes, we do not want people coming in sick. However, you mentioned all your absences are Covid related. I have experienced certain employees who tended to use Covid as a frequent absence excuse. Also, Los Angeles is no longer the hot spot it was back in January. Rates are going down in California and a lot of things are reopening because of this
Yes covid related. Two were because of COVID symptoms and one because I was LEGALLY required to quarantine after traveling, and did not know that. Neither did they when I called and asked if I should still go in or not.
& just because rates are going down now, does not mean that it wasn’t once a hot spot or that the virus is completely gone.
Just because one person uses COVID as an excuse, doesn’t mean it’s everyone else that has to call out due to illness.

It really doesn't matter if they were covid call outs or not. You are seasonal which means temporary. Target has zero obligation to keep you. Even people who haven't missed a minute of work can be let go at the end of their seasonal term. It happens all the time. Calling/writing HQ will get you no where. Start applying at other places. Good luck to you.

Exactly he/she is abusing the policy .
Any proof related to these 2 separate weeks off for Covid ? Then Is the part where you went in and asked if they are comfortable with you working ( did they said no? Clearly you had a guilty conscience to even ask that ) then you took 5 days off and went visiting your great aunt . Came back and took more days off . So to me that’s just you abusing the COVID policy while you have no proof of actually getting tested up until yesterday which that to me is also questionable . But hey go ahead and be rude to me too . I call it like I see it . And what I see is that you should either quit or be fired for abusing COVID policy to visit your great aunt In a hospital during a pandemic .
Are you assuming everything you just said? Yes. I had a tight chest & cough, did not know if they wanted me to work or not as I was only a month in and did not even know if it was covid. They told me that I should do what I think, which obviously I’m going to just stay home because i’m not going to risk that. That was one day, I returned to work the next day I was scheduled after getting tested.
Then I took time off to go visit family and see my great-aunt 2 months later, it was approved. No problems at all. I was REQUIRED to fill out a form when I came back at the airport saying I would quarantine so that’s what I did. Following the laws.
Now, have had a fever of 99°-102° the past 3 days. So do not sit and tell me that i’m abusing the policy. You don’t know the whole situation at all. And i asked a simple question if I should contact a higher person as what they said to me, was against their own policy. :)

It really doesn't matter if they were covid call outs or not. You are seasonal which means temporary. Target has zero obligation to keep you. Even people who haven't missed a minute of work can be let go at the end of their seasonal term. It happens all the time. Calling/writing HQ will get you no where. Start applying at other places. Good luck to you.
That’s totally fine! I am more then happy being let go as I can collect unemployment. :)
i’m the only seasonal left, everybody left in january. & I wanted to write to them because they set a policy and one of their employers isn’t following that, and making somebody who might have covid feel like absolute shit

Not knocking how tight of a Family you may come from....But, the week off for a "Great Aunt" being sick & a week of quarantine to follow probably won't sit well with your limited work frame on top of the other Call-outs. ( Not just Target, but most jobs)
? i took 5 days off of work to visit family, and coming back i was legally required to fill out a form saying i would quarantine for 2 weeks otherwise i would be fined up to $1000
this happened one month before and two months after my other 2 call outs.

Yes covid related. Two were because of COVID symptoms and one because I was LEGALLY required to quarantine after traveling, and did not know that. Neither did they when I called and asked if I should still go in or not.
& just because rates are going down now, does not mean that it wasn’t once a hot spot or that the virus is completely gone.
Just because one person uses COVID as an excuse, doesn’t mean it’s everyone else that has to call out due to illness.
Your words. i live in los angeles. literal covid hotspot.

It no longer is a hotspot and the rates have decreased significantly. It was a hotspot back in Dec/Jan and is no longer. If you read my post you would have noticed that it was the same people using the Covid excuse frequently. Each time they used the excuse they would get tested and each time it came back negative. Do you have other symptoms?

? i took 5 days off of work to visit family, and coming back i was legally required to fill out a form saying i would quarantine for 2 weeks otherwise i would be fined up to $1000
I’m in HR and I live in CA and I call BS on this. We had several TM’s travel in December and January and they did not need to quarantine nor is there any form legally requiring you to quarantine and pay a fine.

That’s totally fine! I am more then happy being let go as I can collect unemployment. :)
i’m the only seasonal left, everybody left in january. & I wanted to write to them because they set a policy and one of their employers isn’t following that, and making somebody who might have covid feel like absolute shit
In some states seasonals don’t get unemployment as the job is temporary. FYI.

Secondly while your absences may be COVID related, visiting your sick Aunt was a choice, so was the following quarantine. Aunts are rarely considered close enough that taking time off is “reasonable” except for a funeral. Between myself and my SO we have 15 aunts and uncles by blood and double that for marriage. So taking time off every time one of them is in the hospital would be very unreasonable. They’re all 70+. Going forward, keep in mind that traveling every time someone is in the hospital will cost you employment. Yourself, your parents, your kids, your siblings if it’s serious are fine. Anyone else will be seen as unreasonable.

Finally, as a seasonal, they can let you go any day at any time because they don’t need you anymore. In 3 months you’ve been out twice for COVID and then for a week. That is excessive. They hired you in order to put you on the schedule. If they can’t expect you to show up they will find someone who they can count on.

Are you assuming everything you just said? Yes. I had a tight chest & cough, did not know if they wanted me to work or not as I was only a month in and did not even know if it was covid. They told me that I should do what I think, which obviously I’m going to just stay home because i’m not going to risk that. That was one day, I returned to work the next day I was scheduled after getting tested.
Then I took time off to go visit family and see my great-aunt 2 months later, it was approved. No problems at all. I was REQUIRED to fill out a form when I came back at the airport saying I would quarantine so that’s what I did. Following the laws.
Now, have had a fever of 99°-102° the past 3 days. So do not sit and tell me that i’m abusing the policy. You don’t know the whole situation at all. And i asked a simple question if I should contact a higher person as what they said to me, was against their own policy. :)
I didn’t assumed. I went based on your post . 5 days here , 5 days there . You never said you went back the next day or that you had any tests done prior. So next time maybe you should explain yourself better .And let me just say this out loud it is kinda of stupid to travel anywhere right now and not know you would have to quarantine

Who presented this form? What is the issuing authority? How would it be enforced? What state did you return from, that would justify that level of enforcement?

Back