Don't know too much about other states, but up until recently Connecticut was requiring two-week quarantines for anyone returning from hotspots, and at one time that list contained about 30-35 states.

I’m in HR and I live in CA and I call BS on this. We had several TM’s travel in December and January and they did not need to quarantine nor is there any form legally requiring you to quarantine and pay a fine.
that could’ve been an easy google search for you.

Don't know too much about other states, but up until recently Connecticut was requiring two-week quarantines for anyone returning from hotspots, and at one time that list contained about 30-35 states.
thank u
In some states seasonals don’t get unemployment as the job is temporary. FYI.

Secondly while your absences may be COVID related, visiting your sick Aunt was a choice, so was the following quarantine. Aunts are rarely considered close enough that taking time off is “reasonable” except for a funeral. Between myself and my SO we have 15 aunts and uncles by blood and double that for marriage. So taking time off every time one of them is in the hospital would be very unreasonable. They’re all 70+. Going forward, keep in mind that traveling every time someone is in the hospital will cost you employment. Yourself, your parents, your kids, your siblings if it’s serious are fine. Anyone else will be seen as unreasonable.

Finally, as a seasonal, they can let you go any day at any time because they don’t need you anymore. In 3 months you’ve been out twice for COVID and then for a week. That is excessive. They hired you in order to put you on the schedule. If they can’t expect you to show up they will find someone who they can count on.
Seasonals do in the state I am collecting in, I already get partial! Thanks for your input though! & I took a week off, a month in advance & talked to them and they were totally 100% fine with it. It wasn’t to my knowledge you had to fill out a form getting back, so I was told since I did fill out a form I was required to quarantine.
& yes exactly. If they don’t want to keep me / let me go that is totally good with me!

You could have also provided the info. Travel to see your aunt was your choice and not essential travel. During this time LA was a hotspot and there were restrictions in place which you should have known before you decided to travel.
it’s not my job or homework to do that for you. you said you’re an HR so you should have known that too smh lecturing me that i should have known better. pls. 😭
my hr had no problem with me having to quarantine as it’s a law that needed to be followed. and as an employee, i have the right to take days off of work?

it’s not my job or homework to do that for you. you said you’re an HR so you should have known that too smh lecturing me that i should have known better. pls. 😭
my hr had no problem with me having to quarantine as it’s a law that needed to be followed. and as an employee, i have the right to take days off of work?
You need to talk your hr, not us. Every store is different.

The $500 was for submitting the form. None of that (or anything else I've seen) says there's a $1000 for not self-quarantining.

And if you were concerned about COVID-19 quarantine, then why the bleep did you travel to another state for a great-aunt? Is the great-aunt loaded? Doesn't everyone rushing to her bedside mean a super-spreader event? Did the hospital even allow people in? The ones I've seen haven't. Did you bring any germs with you to her, to fight on top of whatever put her there?

Bottom line, you are abusing the policy. The last one is understandable because of the fever and vomiting. However, hear about the boy who cried wolf? The first one, nope, after all you physically went in to call out, you had already potentially spread the love, might as well stay put. The second one, risk/benefit analysis, a lot of people would have stuck to Skype for everyone's safety. And you knew in advance you'd have to double up the days off, it's not like all this is a surprise.

In other words you did abuse the policy knowing the travel restrictions. Yes you took time off in advance cool. But the aftermath was you knew you would have to quarantine due to your traveling during a pandemic .

The $500 was for submitting the form. None of that (or anything else I've seen) says there's a $1000 for not self-quarantining.

And if you were concerned about COVID-19 quarantine, then why the bleep did you travel to another state for a great-aunt? Is the great-aunt loaded? Doesn't everyone rushing to her bedside mean a super-spreader event? Did the hospital even allow people in? The ones I've seen haven't. Did you bring any germs with you to her, to fight on top of whatever put her there?

Bottom line, you are abusing the policy. The last one is understandable because of the fever and vomiting. However, hear about the boy who cried wolf? The first one, nope, after all you physically went in to call out, you had already potentially spread the love, might as well stay put. The second one, risk/benefit analysis, a lot of people would have stuck to Skype for everyone's safety. And you knew in advance you'd have to double up the days off, it's not like all this is a surprise.
I believe at this point we are beating a dead horse

I’m in HR but I am not your HR, nor am I in LA. You live there an chose to travel during a time when only essential travel was approved. Now you have called out the following two weekends because of Covid. Target has a business to run and if you keep calling out there are consequences for your actions.

Wow... seasonal tm came on here to ask a question. Got answers to question then went rogue because tm didn’t like the answer. Target probably isn’t a good fit for you, quite honestly I’m not usually one to defend Target policy’s but... Where I reside, Multiple teammates have gotten Covid have lost even more family and friends to Covid and are watching their spouses still suffering months after having Covid. BE thankful you had a job at all during this time. Stop dragging your feet. Target runs on team members that are part of a team. That team commits to Target, not sure I see commitment in your choices other than self so move on and let someone else fill the space you’re not!

Wow... seasonal tm came on here to ask a question. Got answers to question then went rogue because tm didn’t like the answer. Target probably isn’t a good fit for you, quite honestly I’m not usually one to defend Target policy’s but... Where I reside, Multiple teammates have gotten Covid have lost even more family and friends to Covid and are watching their spouses still suffering months after having Covid. BE thankful you had a job at all during this time. Stop dragging your feet. Target runs on team members that are part of a team. That team commits to Target, not sure I see commitment in your choices other than self so move on and let someone else fill the space you’re not!
no? i was fine with the answers but it’s the fact people were being rude as hell and telling me that i’m abusing COVID but in reality i’m not at all. i am thankful. nobody ever said i wasn’t DONT put words into my mouth. ill be staying until i need to go.

If everyone is saying you are wrong, that should be a clue. Either the world is wrong and you alone are right, or single you is wrong.

You did abuse it on two occasions. First, you felt somewhat off with non-covid symptoms but were well enough to go in anyway just to call out. That's abuse. Second, you traveled for nothing essential and created a super spreader event. That's abuse. Two and a half, you didn't account for quarantine. That's beyond abuse, that's setting up a few fun days without giving notice.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves on a forum.
If you want to delete a thread you started, PM a moderator and we will help you.
Don't delete your first post and turn the title into a . or something equally stupid.
However, you had better have a good reason and not just that you didn't like the direction it went.

Read the damned room.
Do you think that coming into someplace and demanding they react they want you to is a great idea?
If you are asking for peoples advice take what get and be willing to accept when the result is YATA.

So this thread remains as a teaching lesson.

ScornfulWanCleanerwrasse-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Quite frankly, I think you are being careless, There is a global pandemic going on and you live in an area that has been hit hard for quite some time, so you do things like go out and hang out with people who don't live with you unmasked, am I right? You flew to MN. You did that. You did this. And you expect target to forgive all your absences because you made decisions that put you at risk.

If everyone is saying you are wrong, that should be a clue. Either the world is wrong and you alone are right, or single you is wrong.

You did abuse it on two occasions. First, you felt somewhat off with non-covid symptoms but were well enough to go in anyway just to call out. That's abuse. Second, you traveled for nothing essential and created a super spreader event. That's abuse. Two and a half, you didn't account for quarantine. That's beyond abuse, that's setting up a few fun days without giving notice.
if i’m wrong? about what?! say you’re pressed and go like damn this conversation ended 2 days ago. 😭
one. i had a tight chest and cough, that is covid symptoms. two MAJOR covid symptoms.
two. i got tested the day i left, and i was negative. got tested when i left there, then came back, was required to fill out a form at the airport not to my knowledge or my HR who was just as confused as i was. i was required to quarantine for two weeks no matter negative or positive.

Quite frankly, I think you are being careless, There is a global pandemic going on and you live in an area that has been hit hard for quite some time, so you do things like go out and hang out with people who don't live with you unmasked, am I right? You flew to MN. You did that. You did this. And you expect target to forgive all your absences because you made decisions that put you at risk.
huh? are you assuming everything you just said or do you know that for a fact? i wear TWO masks, when i’m not working i literally stay home like you should be doing, when i was there i didn’t see anybody but my family and saw an aunt. not to mention, i got tested before i left and when i got back. if you’re going grocery shopping or going out for anything at all, you can’t lecture me either. if anything i have been more responsible about covid then most people. i order everything in and only leave to go to the park for a walk or to go work. that’s it. i think you’re guilty of being careless & projecting that onto somebody u don’t know to make yourself feel better. :)

OP, I do believe that people are piling on here, but I think what set them off was the statement about wanting to write corporate. It sounds to me like you should have certainly called out when you weren't feeling well, either time. I have always been a big believer in staying home if you are sick. I realize for some people that may not be feasible (no sick time, past abuses of attendance policies), but coming to work and possibly infecting others is not the answer.

If you are experiencing any symptoms which could be Covid-related (and that encompasses quite a wide range) then calling out is the proper thing, whether you have worked here two days or twenty years. As for the family situation, that is between you and HR/Leadership. If they approved it, so be it. I get why you were upset about the comments from your leader, but maybe they were just blowing off steam. It is very frustrating when TMs miss work so much, but sometimes it cannot be helped. Hopefully you have discussed things with your leaders and you both understand each other better and can move on.

Minus the traveling during a pandemic . ( even if you knew the rules or not ) common sense would have been not to travel. But I’m probably projecting too
OP, I do believe that people are piling on here, but I think what set them off was the statement about wanting to write corporate. It sounds to me like you should have certainly called out when you weren't feeling well, either time. I have always been a big believer in staying home if you are sick. I realize for some people that may not be feasible (no sick time, past abuses of attendance policies), but coming to work and possibly infecting others is not the answer.

If you are experiencing any symptoms which could be Covid-related (and that encompasses quite a wide range) then calling out is the proper thing, whether you have worked here two days or twenty years. As for the family situation, that is between you and HR/Leadership. If they approved it, so be it. I get why you were upset about the comments from your leader, but maybe they were just blowing off steam. It is very frustrating when TMs miss work so much, but sometimes it cannot be helped. Hopefully you have discussed things with your leaders and you both understand each other better and can move on.
thank u for the kind response! i was initially upset with it because it felt to me that she was disregarding the fact i have covid when she said that but all is well, i think she was just initially frustrated because it was easter weekend and there was stuff to do. but yeah, if it gets brought up i’ll have to discuss so we both have an understanding.

Back