Archived Year in review self review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punch Correction

Guest Manipulator
Anyone have a working template for the self review? It's difficult for me to get into it because I think it's a waste of time. I have actual work to do.

It doesn’t have to be a long essay or anything.
We’re allowed to bullet Point
So like,
Wins
Ops
(Include metrics % $$)
Goals for 2018 etc

Got asked by my ETL for some goals, I just said ask for a raise but in fancy wording and such and she actually did, priceless

Self-reviewing is a dumb system.

My self-review: 5/5 stars, amazing asset, perfect attendance, no write ups, company will literally have to shut down and liquidate if I quit, 200% raise coming right up

The bosses' review: Expendable loser, could be replaced by a capuchin monkey, *I* AM THE COMPANY, more like 2/5 overall and oh yeah here's a 2.5% raise only because I'm generous

one of my gstl left hers on the computer in the office. Two pages and she's not done yet...

Self review is a cute method of seeing if you understand your weaknesses.
The managers are supposed to use them as a way of establishing a baseline for how much work is needed to get you to understand what you need to improve.
If you have a solid handle on your shortcomings and a plan for dealing them then they will move on.

So the trick is to come up with some kind of BS issue that you need to work on and then show how you have a plan to deal with it.
They will be happy with you and it will improve your score.

I hate reviews with an absolute burning passion. Honestly, review in general are just the worst.

Talk about your wins, how did this success aid in the long term? If you identified opportunities last year, did you improve on them this year? How? Provide examples.
Talk about your opportunities. More importantly, talk about how you will go about addressing your opportunities? Don't hesitate to give examples here, this shows real growth.
In my experience, the upper leadership team wants to see goals that directly correlate to your opportunities identified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back