Archived Yep, it’s broken: A PMT thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so please don't take offense to this question, but do PMT really need 38 hours a week to do their jobs? What do you guys do on slow days, I feel like our PMT just walk around the store half the time.

If your PML is just walking around and not really doing anything then they aren’t doing their job very well and likely won’t be doing it for very much longer. Ours is always checking things off his forever long to-do list and usually has to cut time on Fridays. It would be awesome if he could have a TM to help him with some projects but that’s just not meant to be.

Ok so please don't take offense to this question, but do PMT really need 38 hours a week to do their jobs? What do you guys do on slow days, I feel like our PMT just walk around the store half the time.

Speaking only for my store/district, absolutely. Often times there aren’t enough hours in the week at a full 40. There’s always something to do, but if you don’t know what you’re looking for you won’t see it. A lot of times TMs just don’t see what we do all day so it’s an assumption of laziness (no offense).

Are there lazy PMLs (PMTs) who don’t do much? Absolutely. Are there stores that don’t need very much attention because of low traffic/good build quality/TMs respecting property? Yes.

With the recent changes of PMBPs going to managing single districts instead of 2 or 3, less motivated PMLs with be found out. We’ve already Had one guy fired in the district in the last 2 weeks and 2 or 3 others have Targets on them (no pun intended). PM went fairly unsupervised for a while so a lot of guys/gals got lazy.

Hope this kind of answers your question.

So tomorrow I will be walking with my Sr. PMD. It's been 2 years since my last walk with one. I'm excited and determined all in one.

So tomorrow I will be walking with my Sr. PMD. It's been 2 years since my last walk with one. I'm excited and determined all in one.

I get some hate at work because I actually like PM leadership visits.. PM leadership is waaaay more level headed than store side. I’ve been involved in some conversations with my Sr PMD that you’d never hear about with any other level of leadership.

Good luck!

I’m no pmt. but you clearly don’t know much about work orders and things they actually do. How is your inbound team doing ? Unload Pipo on the dock lever ? If so how many times did your pmt had to fix the doors and the dock plates? There is just so many little shits they do that take time . Not to mention when something it’s broken and etls or tl wants it fix , how about did you put an work order in? He can’t just fix things just because but he will if he has that extra time .

Our PMT focuses on preventative maintenance & fixing broken things.
Seems simple but in a high-vol store it's a LOT & I will buy him a drink whenever he will let me.

Come to my store where the last PMT didn't do shit for six months then nine more months where we didn't have one. Our new PMT this girl has been working her ass off since trying to get the basics caught up while our idiots keep destroying shit. Lights for the trailers? Yeah the snapped both of them off cause they closed the trailer with the damn light still in the trailer. Had to call ER visit for one of the garage dock doors since someone jackass ran a bale into it and smashed it out and off the track like a car ran into it. And just the cleaning and light bulbs that need changing. It took her three days to get her cage organized so she could you know actually walk in and find anything since it had been ransacked for almost a year.

She took a couple days and did tune ups on all the Crowns and Waves oh my god they run so much better and quiet.

Yeah she walks around a lot, keeping tabs on vendors takes up a lot of time since vendors can't seem to do their fucking jobs right.. Looking at you parking lot assholes.

Our new PMT this girl

Dude. there’s only one lady PML in my area and she kicks ass. We guys have our own ego stuff but she grinds every day. I’m transferring in the next couple months and I’m purposely looking for a female to back fill me.

We have every week planned out for us by corporate, (preventive maintenance) and they track everything we do, our work orders have to add up to 40 hours at the end of the week.
Yes we do ALOT of walking around, inspecting different areas of the store for what the redshirts have destroyed.
The amount of hours we get shouldnt matter to anyone in the store, as we are not paid by the store. Hope this helps you

Attachments

• 20190617_134754.jpg
    20190617_134754.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 43
Dude. there’s only one lady PML in my area and she kicks ass. We guys have our own ego stuff but she grinds every day. I’m transferring in the next couple months and I’m purposely looking for a female to back fill me.
I was trained by a female PMT/L, she was awesome but I could definitely tell she had to be a little more assertive than most others I've encountered. While I was training there was a female being trained as well. Seems theres more and more nowadays.

Anybody else drowning in work lately? I've been at this a long time, and I can't seem to get ahead the last few months.

It’s been busy for sure but the last two weeks have been pretty easy where I’m at, I’m stuck with a trainee right now so it feels like I’m not getting much done even though my WO count says other wise

I also think it depends on your store. I’ve worked on brand new stores and 20 year old stores. My PML at a 20 year old store never had enough time but my PML at a brand new store was waiting for things to break. He’d stay busy 20-30 hours but would usually do a lot of extra preventive work for the rest. Just like any position some weeks are busier than others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back