1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

Yet another reason for a CCW --

Discussion in 'Off The Clock Chatter' started by SomeBodysSlave, Sep 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Militantagnostic

Militantagnostic Just another brick in the wall...

Do either of those ladies own a gun? It's good they got some training but are they ready for full responsibility?

2. OP
    OP
    SomeBodysSlave

SomeBodysSlave Team Leader

Keep up -- question -- you dodged it -- try just a little ?

3. redeye58

redeye58 Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!

I don't make my self a target.

4. OP
    OP
    SomeBodysSlave

There's no point to that question -- but Sometimes more often than not -- yes - they go out and buy their own -- some even apply for they're handgun licenses --

Some hate it - but at least they gave it a whirl --

5. OP
    OP
    SomeBodysSlave

Riddle me this -- does a bully pick a fight with a bodybuilder ?

Do thugs search out old people & women to rob ?

By being a coward -- you're are putting a target on that back you're showing them as you scamper away -- IMHHO --

6. Militantagnostic

Just wanted to know if they were there for a news segment or there of their own volition.

7. OP
    OP
    SomeBodysSlave

In the 4 hour class they have before I get my hands on them ( I love how that sounds ) -- responsibility is highly stressed --

After a average class of 30 -- X's two classes a day -- the women who runs our affiliated ( hold your breath ) NRA - Women on Target classes -- gets at least a 20 % response for more training -- I've meet many women with their no nothing hubby's at gun shops to help them pick out their first firearm & lock boxes ---

By the way -- we / I do all this for free -- our dime & time --

8. redeye58

Does a fox pick a fight with a grizzly?
    Do hyenas attack a herd or just the stragglers?
    By depending on a gun & SOLELY on a gun, what are you gonna do if you're unarmed?

9. OP
    OP
    SomeBodysSlave

Fantastic question -- when News 12 first contacted us -- it sounded like a hit piece -- knowing how leftist Newsday ( local rag newspaper = owners ) -- our fearless leader John Cushman - short guy - ( NRA board member ) told them -- no camera -first take the class - then we'll talk -- after the classes they told their editors how great it was --- no story - it doesn't jive with there gun grabbing addenda --

Another case in point -- Sara Anker ( Suffolk legislatetor & a democrat ) came away with a much better understanding --

[​IMG]

Ignore the fat guy on the right -- I did eventually loose all that tonnage --

qmosqueen likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    SomeBodysSlave

Ya-love the far fetched sineros ( ? ) ?

You answer your own question -- the weak --

A firearm is a tool -- like any tool - it can fail -- why you can become a victim --

I gotta go bed-e-bye now -- I'm retired but I still have a life -- monyona --

11. Militantagnostic

Good night SBS, In all sincerity, I hope you never have to use that tool on another human being, if you have then I hope you don't have to ever again.

Redzee and oath2order like this.
  12. redeye58

Scenarios?
    You may call it cowardice; I call it 'not making myself a target'.
    Like not walking alone in unsafe places, like not brandishing expensive phones/handbags/sports apparel, like not flashing cash or using a walk-up ATM.
    I don't 'live in fear' nor do I 'live in stupid'.
    'night all.

13. Militantagnostic

Goodnight Redeye!

14. pinkp2ie

pinkp2ie Electronics TM

I don't know if this is true obviously but my ETL told me he got a gun to him.

qmosqueen likes this.
  15. OP
    OP
    SomeBodysSlave

That was a foreign land a long - long time ago --- so y'all can crap all over the flag now - LOL

When I get done with some stuff today -- I'll dream up some scenarios fur-ya ------ when a parent hides and ""Allows"" them & their children to be slaughtered -- yep -- cowardice --

Bed-bugs -- isle #10 --

Not that you - a total interweb stranger isn't the sole of discretion --- I'd guess nope --

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Hardlinesmaster likes this.
  16. Backroom81

Backroom81 Team Leader

In situation of the OP, how would a random CCW holder been of any real help? Yes, I know the response is "He could have pulled his gun and detained the suspect, etc." but let's be real. You have a criminal who's fleeing and already scared enough to display his weapon. Are you certain that he's going to just surrender as soon as you pull your weapon? Are you certain that he's not going to pull his own and start shooting? Are you going to risk nearby bystanders being caught in potential crossfire? Is it really worth it just to fulfill your hero fantasy? Or would general public safety be better served by making a good observation of his appearance and getaway method (vehicle plate) and giving that information to the police so they can arrest his ass?

The problem I have with gun nuts is that they view a gun as an empowerment device. They get a gun and they think they're a fucking sheepdog protecting a flock. Far too many of them walk around with a mentality of "I have a gun, you don't want to mess with me". I used to have a guy in my neighborhood that would ALWAYS remind everyone he was armed.

Now, this isn't to insult responsible gun owners. Most gun owners I know view a gun the same way as any weapon, an extension of will. Those people aren't the ones screaming "but how will you protect your family" and envisioning scenarios where they can fulfill a hero fantasy.

redeye58 and Target NPC like this.
  17. HardlinesGuy

HardlinesGuy TPS District Trainer

Well, this escalated quickly...

18. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus Team Member

I think you're over simplifying guns and gun owners in general. I don't think gun owners have a 'hero' fantasy about putting down the bad guys. It's just rhetoric a lot of the time but underneath those comments is the idea of preparedness. Most CCW holders aren't going to tell you they have a firearm on them, well, because that would defeat the purpose of CCW, but most will tell you that they'd rather have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it in a life threatening situation.

It's like someone who lives in Florida, a state which routinely gets pounded by hurricanes and flooding, asking why his neighbors don't have the necessary food rations or survival supplies when a storm hits. This person is preparing in advance for his family's survival versus relying on his neighbor or waiting til the last second to buy emergency rations. Is he paranoid for having all this stuff or is he simply doing what he perceives to be the right course of action based on past experience?

19. Backroom81

Backroom81 Team Leader

The last paragraph of the post you quoted is me basically saying just that. My problem is with the vocal ones that think every problem in society can and should be solved with a weapon. The ones that treat weapons as empowerment devices that should be flaunted at every opportunity. Basically, these assholes:
    [​IMG]

There's a bit of a difference here. The chance of someone living in coastal Florida getting hit by a hurricane is almost 100%. The chance of someone finding themselves in a situation to prevent a crime using their own weapon is less than 1%. For example, the absolute highest home burglary rate in the US is in Fayeteville, NC (1827.4 per 100,000 residents). However, the majority of burglaries happen while no one is home so a gun won't change that by much. If you look at the overall crime data in the US, the violent crime rate is 20 per 100,000. When you account for the fact that most murders are gang bangers killing each other, your chance of being a victim drops even more.

Want to carry a gun? Go for it as long as you demonstrate the ability to wield it properly and the knowledge of when you can and can't use it. Just don't act like one of those assholes who think that not carrying a gun is either cowardice or irresponsible. Don't act like one of those assholes who think flaunting it is appropriate.

Hardlinesmaster, Redzee and redeye58 like this.
  20. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus Team Member

Look, there are stupid a-holes with guns of every political stripe in the US. When that pro-Bernie Sanders guy shot those Congressmen I didn't read much in the way of outrage from the Left. And let's be real, when we're talking about open carry there are states where this is legal, so even those morons whose pictures you posted have the right to do so where they live. I don't agree with what they're doing but it's their right just the same. Just because you have an aversion to guns doesn't mean these people can't do what they're doing.

And your last statement is an affront to any responsible gun owner in this country. If you tried mansplaining your whole nanny-state b*llshit to any gun owner he'd probably tell you to feck off. It's a given that when you have a gun you should know how to safely and properly handle it, but, there are those who don't bother with firearm safety courses so telling people what they should do is pointless. I think people should know how to operate a vehicle before being handed a driver's license but guess what? There are millions of dipsh*ts out there who can't even manage to do that.