You Don't Change Thread Titles To ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t care much back lash I’ll get for my decision in the end but yeah yeah, so I started working at target in 2017 was Market as a season worker, no problem there I was there starting August and my seasonal was supposed to end January , after constantly asking my TL , Lod Etc if I was gonna stay everyone gave me the same answer”I don’t know” cool whatever right? I know I was seasonal but I was one of the best workers, all the mean time we just got hired a new etl for AP dude was a straight a hole dude was always eyeing us rude to us and treated us like criminals, he came up with a crazy rumor I ate ice cream in the freezer , the freezer 0 degrees and you think I’m gonna go eat ice cream inside there? While the ice cream is staying at a constant freeze cmon now , but beside the fact, ANOTHER rumor spread that I was getting fired any day now , panicking I asked my boss so look am I staying or what, the Big Boss of the store liked me and told me I was kept , cool the Big Hour drop happened and after feb I knew I survived , fast forward to March , constantly I was given two 4 hour shifts a week so I gave one a way fast forward to my last week I was scheduled for long when I finally came in my team member number wasn’t working and I was fired , I went into the office , the sat me down and said “Hey so unfortunately we can’t keep some team members after seasonal after all so we gotta let u go” wtf seasonal ending in March who the hell? I was mad I left but seasonal workers can come back so I wasn’t tripping too much, after while I needed another job and thought even tho I hate target now I’ll go back because i know it so well, come to find out my store marked me down as unrehirable , even tho I was a “seasonal cut” but that brings you to my new store T2829 , After hell talking to corporate this store told me they would hire me as a new team member so I can come back , cool I thought this store is a lot better than my crappy old one, this store was smaller less crowded Nd had more of my own people working there so I thought cool , EVERYTHING was fine, up until I saw how the bosses pick and chose who they are nice too , they expect us to run around when corporate comes by, etc when my seasonal at this new store ended they were going to fire me , seasonal and no hours for lil of me, so I asked every department if they had hours, sad to say cashier was the only position I took it even tho I despise cashiering , they said it would be temporary until hours came back, every week I was asking if I can go back “soon, soon” everyone told me , until they started hiring ppl in my face in my department and I asked my TL and he said that the bosses said I will not go back all I can do is cashier with no explanation , cahsierning sucks we all know that, but my gf also works at my store and the store purposely worked us opposite days and shifts , which makes our home life hard and frustrating , so much shits happen and I’m tired of typing but Long story a lil short they would use me to do anything but my real department made me feel like a child when I am 20 , and this Friday they gave me a cart attendant shift , wtf am I doing with a cart attendant shift when I can’t go do my job I was hired for but I can go push carts because you guys fired one of the only cart attendants you have? I know I could put my two weeks but I’d probably get fired in that 2 weeks dealing with the people,I’m open to questions but this Friday I’m just gonna tell them I quit and getting my check target is a terrible place to work unless u are a favorite I also was pulling boxes and found a razor and all the boss said was hey man just throw it away

Attachments

• 18FD1C29-E176-4743-8FC1-EA8C74655BB5.png
    18FD1C29-E176-4743-8FC1-EA8C74655BB5.png
    818.3 KB · Views: 117
I don’t care much back lash I’ll get for my decision in the end but yeah yeah, so I started working at target in 2017 was Market as a season worker, no problem there I was there starting August and my seasonal was supposed to end January , after constantly asking my TL , Lod Etc if I was gonna stay everyone gave me the same answer”I don’t know” cool whatever right? I know I was seasonal but I was one of the best workers, all the mean time we just got hired a new etl for AP dude was a straight a hole dude was always eyeing us rude to us and treated us like criminals, he came up with a crazy rumor I ate ice cream in the freezer , the freezer 0 degrees and you think I’m gonna go eat ice cream inside there? While the ice cream is staying at a constant freeze cmon now , but beside the fact, ANOTHER rumor spread that I was getting fired any day now , panicking I asked my boss so look am I staying or what, the Big Boss of the store liked me and told me I was kept , cool the Big Hour drop happened and after feb I knew I survived , fast forward to March , constantly I was given two 4 hour shifts a week so I gave one a way fast forward to my last week I was scheduled for long when I finally came in my team member number wasn’t working and I was fired , I went into the office , the sat me down and said “Hey so unfortunately we can’t keep some team members after seasonal after all so we gotta let u go” wtf seasonal ending in March who the hell? I was mad I left but seasonal workers can come back so I wasn’t tripping too much, after while I needed another job and thought even tho I hate target now I’ll go back because i know it so well, come to find out my store marked me down as unrehirable , even tho I was a “seasonal cut” but that brings you to my new store T2829 , After hell talking to corporate this store told me they would hire me as a new team member so I can come back , cool I thought this store is a lot better than my crappy old one, this store was smaller less crowded Nd had more of my own people working there so I thought cool , EVERYTHING was fine, up until I saw how the bosses pick and chose who they are nice too , they expect us to run around when corporate comes by, etc when my seasonal at this new store ended they were going to fire me , seasonal and no hours for lil of me, so I asked every department if they had hours, sad to say cashier was the only position I took it even tho I despise cashiering , they said it would be temporary until hours came back, every week I was asking if I can go back “soon, soon” everyone told me , until they started hiring ppl in my face in my department and I asked my TL and he said that the bosses said I will not go back all I can do is cashier with no explanation , cahsierning sucks we all know that, but my gf also works at my store and the store purposely worked us opposite days and shifts , which makes our home life hard and frustrating , so much shits happen and I’m tired of typing but Long story a lil short they would use me to do anything but my real department made me feel like a child when I am 20 , and this Friday they gave me a cart attendant shift , wtf am I doing with a cart attendant shift when I can’t go do my job I was hired for but I can go push carts because you guys fired one of the only cart attendants you have? I know I could put my two weeks but I’d probably get fired in that 2 weeks dealing with the people,I’m open to questions but this Friday I’m just gonna tell them I quit and getting my check target is a terrible place to work unless u are a favorite I also was pulling boxes and found a razor and all the boss said was hey man just throw it away

sounds like you got the shaft of the stick. It happens, I was forced to cashier and cart attend for an entire year. I didn't mind cart attending since I was able to move around, cashiering killed my back and feet. You'd think being in a physically active moving job would hurt but I never felt so much better when I got promoted into Grocery.

I think you just need to calm down and resort to passive methods of getting into a new department. Bide your time until you can at least find new employment. Cashiering is something everyone at Target needs to do at one point in their employment there, eventually you can move on to another department. You don't have to go to Market in the new store, every area basically works the same it's just different product. Put your eye on General Merchandising/Hardlines. Put your eye on Produce, Bakery, Deli.. all are paid the same, except General Merchandising is 50c lower but I believe everyone will be at an equal $13/hr come June.

I know you came here to post on impulse of frustration, we get people like that all of the time who make one post and then disappear forever after getting all of it out. Whoever you are, wherever you may be, good luck.

i should also mention I was in market in my new store but they said there’s no hours for me they said cashiering was temp but they hired like 5 ppl that quit n I still am not put back

I knew one of you would say something like that , I am very literate more so than my peers , I woke up and started typing to get my story out we are online not a college course so ..

I knew one of you would say something like that , I am very literate more so than my peers , I woke up and started typing to get my story out we are online not a college course so ..
I have a bad tendency to use ", and" too much. So prior to hitting post, I reread it and fix it. Takes just a few seconds.

As far as the rest of it, I am always very sympathetic to the underdog. But in this case, I don't think you're being picked on unfairly.

1. You were let go after 7 months. Not within 90 days, not within 180 days, 7 months. It's harder to let someone go at that point.
2. Your hours were very low for a while before being let go.
3. You were marked unrehireable.
4. A new store gave you a chance, but stopped putting you in your trained area, cashier only, and is now putting you as cart attendant only, which was not your choosing.
5. You and your girlfriend aren't allowed to work at the same time.

Your own words makes it sound like your old store gave you chance after chance after chance to fix some problem, did the last ditch "restrict hours so they get the message" and finally gave up completely. Your new store gave you an opportunity to show you could do better and you are still not fixing whatever you've been doing wrong.

And while the gf thing might be blanket policy, maybe you should really reflect on how you act towards each other on the job. They aren't paying you to flirt.

So your last store was horrible, your current store is horrible, and of course Target is horrible. You however are a gem.
You are quitting because they scheduled you as a cart attendant.
Good luck. I hope the next place that hires you is not horrible 😂

I have a bad tendency to use ", and" too much. So prior to hitting post, I reread it and fix it. Takes just a few seconds.

As far as the rest of it, I am always very sympathetic to the underdog. But in this case, I don't think you're being picked on unfairly.

1. You were let go after 7 months. Not within 90 days, not within 180 days, 7 months. It's harder to let someone go at that point.
2. Your hours were very low for a while before being let go.
3. You were marked unrehireable.
4. A new store gave you a chance, but stopped putting you in your trained area, cashier only, and is now putting you as cart attendant only, which was not your choosing.
5. You and your girlfriend aren't allowed to work at the same time.

Your own words makes it sound like your old store gave you chance after chance after chance to fix some problem, did the last ditch "restrict hours so they get the message" and finally gave up completely. Your new store gave you an opportunity to show you could do better and you are still not fixing whatever you've been doing wrong.

And while the gf thing might be blanket policy, maybe you should really reflect on how you act towards each other on the job. They aren't paying you to flirt.
We don’t talk at all during work only on lunch , we are very professional with how we hold ourselves people didn’t even know we were together until recently which is when the shifts started changing , I haven’t described even half of what we go through at my store, they give hours to the favorable people , they are nice to the favorable, anyone else has to do extra work or else we get in trouble, my old store never once told me anything about performance etc, my TL wasn’t even informed I was let go , he told me I was his best worker and only willing closer, my new market team lead ALSO vouched for me multiple times I was one of his better workers, but one etl doesn’t like me and I know because he is rude to me and nice to others in front of me

To all the people that think I, quitting solely because I am a cart attendant no, I am quitting because multiple times I was told I am a good worker, I know everything about the store , my team lead keeps asking to get me back in my department,but no one knows why I can’t return yet,but won’t return me? Cart attendant gets paid more, they don’t have to if they schedule you cashier but make you do carts instead , you all sound just like the corporate workers you are lol calm down it’s target , if you guys like working for bosses who completely don’t do shit , but complain, fake everything when corporate comes, bosses all leave the store unattended because they all take lunch together , treating the colored workers like crap, and on top of that dealing with angry customers all day? Good luck to you all that your minds are so set on 9-5 target , I started my own business and they were making it impossible to have enjoyable weeks , my store also profiles and makes us do things we aren’t even authorized to be doing ,

We don’t talk at all during work only on lunch , we are very professional with how we hold ourselves people didn’t even know we were together until recently which is when the shifts started changing , I haven’t described even half of what we go through at my store, they give hours to the favorable people , they are nice to the favorable, anyone else has to do extra work or else we get in trouble, my old store never once told me anything about performance etc, my TL wasn’t even informed I was let go , he told me I was his best worker and only willing closer, my new market team lead ALSO vouched for me multiple times I was one of his better workers, but one etl doesn’t like me and I know because he is rude to me and nice to others in front of me
And no my old store all of us were basically getting shittty hours but I was still going to work

TL:DR

From what I can glean from the replies, though (thanks, Tessa!), it sounds like you need to make some changes in your life. Good luck with your future endeavors.

Some people are born at a serious disadvantage.

Good luck with your future endeavors. I would, however, encourage you to reflect. Perhaps things are precisely as you say. But, understand that not all TLs are going to be honest with you. If the market TL wanted you back on his team, why isn't he scheduling for it on days you aren't cashiering? Why isn't he calling you in when others don't show up? Unless you are already getting 40 hours a week, these are things the market TL could do. Why isn't he?

I've seen a couple of people at my store have the same trajectory as you. Hired for the salesfloor, moved to cashier and then moved to carts. In both cases, it was people that management liked personally and wanted to keep around, but who weren't working out on the salesfloor or as cashiers. Carts was a last effort to find a place for them to fit. People they didn't like who weren't working out on the salesfloor weren't given the opportunities to work elsewhere. They were just let go.

Or it could really be as simple as business needs. The store leadership might think they have a greater need for a cart attendant right now than another market TM despite being shorthanded and hiring for market too. It's Target though. You have to be willing to do what they need, not just what you were hired to do. A whole lot of people on this site aren't in the positions they were hired for I'd bet. And, many aren't in the workcenters they would prefer. If you want the bread, you have to be willing to do whatever it is the store wants you to do, not just what you want to do. Most employers do the same thing.

Good luck with your future endeavors. I would, however, encourage you to reflect. Perhaps things are precisely as you say. But, understand that not all TLs are going to be honest with you. If the market TL wanted you back on his team, why isn't he scheduling for it on days you aren't cashiering? Why isn't he calling you in when others don't show up? Unless you are already getting 40 hours a week, these are things the market TL could do. Why isn't he?

I've seen a couple of people at my store have the same trajectory as you. Hired for the salesfloor, moved to cashier and then moved to carts. In both cases, it was people that management liked personally and wanted to keep around, but who weren't working out on the salesfloor or as cashiers. Carts was a last effort to find a place for them to fit. People they didn't like who weren't working out on the salesfloor weren't given the opportunities to work elsewhere. They were just let go.

Or it could really be as simple as business needs. The store leadership might think they have a greater need for a cart attendant right now than another market TM despite being shorthanded and hiring for market too. It's Target though. You have to be willing to do what they need, not just what you were hired to do. A whole lot of people on this site aren't in the positions they were hired for I'd bet. And, many aren't in the workcenters they would prefer. If you want the bread, you have to be willing to do whatever it is the store wants you to do, not just what you want to do. Most employers do the same thing.
Thank you for seeing my words as they are and not assuming I’m the worst person just tripping for nothing , look my team lead and others do vouch for me , they told me I could do market shifts ONLY if there’s callouts etc I changed my availability to only weekends due to the problems that were arising . So when my old TL did offer me shifts I either would hit overtime they were after my cashier shift they never let me do a whole shift on my own , and trust me if I was as bad as to where they have to put me other places , they would let me know my bosses are pretty cutthroat with when they don’t like someone’s performance and are up front with it , I doubt I am the special case whose feelings they don’t wanna hurt . My bosses are literally asses they don’t do anything , my gstl isn’t even all that , I had to take 50% off a guests item and her friend simply bc her cartwheel wouldn’t scan , like seriously I was tired of being a slave to do what the bosses couldn’t or don’t wanna do

Thank you for seeing my words as they are and not assuming I’m the worst person just tripping for nothing , look my team lead and others do vouch for me , they told me I could do market shifts ONLY if there’s callouts etc I changed my availability to only weekends due to the problems that were arising . So when my old TL did offer me shifts I either would hit overtime they were after my cashier shift they never let me do a whole shift on my own , and trust me if I was as bad as to where they have to put me other places , they would let me know my bosses are pretty cutthroat with when they don’t like someone’s performance and are up front with it , I doubt I am the special case whose feelings they don’t wanna hurt . My bosses are literally asses they don’t do anything , my gstl isn’t even all that , I had to take 50% off a guests item and her friend simply bc her cartwheel wouldn’t scan , like seriously I was tired of being a slave to do what the bosses couldn’t or don’t wanna do
All the while market is a mess rn everything’s expired nothings stocked but hey not like I was there to help right

I run a business and I’m a political activist so my ideation and views on the hierarchical practices by corporations is screwed look up target problems by team members and a lot of stuff sounds similar from corporate part the bosses are just their slaves as well that workship the job but ultimately cannot achieve any real life goals in target they think they are better than us and in reality outside of the walls what do you have to show for ? My target fired someone for going to the ER for her daughter and the store wouldn’t pick up the phone when she tried to call off so she ncns I’m not trying to look for sympathy or life advice bc in reality target is a shitty minimum wage job some people take way too seriously . Working here shows me that corporations are huilt on keeping people in a day to day life and not successfully persue anything

My count is 9 posts with periods used only four times, and two of those periods are paired.

Seriously dude, you need to learn proper sentence structure and proper punctuation. I hope you don't present yourself in person the way you present yourself through your writing.

Doubtful.
Hahahaha you guys are all hilarious. I co run an art business with my girlfriend and we started making the same as our check , the way I type has nothing to do with my outside life lmao. We are typing online , you guys aren’t my clients nor anyone in position to offer me anything more than words . Wow you have good grammar ? Great ! Glad to see your putting it to good use working a minimum wage job that will replace you all the second you leave the door . I am very educated so good luck to everyone who thinks the being a target team member will ever put you in an executive position anywhere . Years from now all you have to show for is being a Target team member 😂😂😂 I bet everyone that’s hella butthurt here on a damn complaint and kiss ass website is one of the favorites who never has too many problems . I’ve read countless experiences just like mine a rarely good so all of you are ass kissers to the corporate trap that is target 😂😂 Have fun with your 5% more than the guest discounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back