Archived Your Best Job/Task at Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved working the backroom during inventory. Did sku checks and filled out not on file forms. I basically got paid to goof around and hang out with my leads for 8 hours. We joked around, ate junk food, and around midnight we snuck up to Starbucks and made hot chocolate. It was the easiest 8 hours I've ever worked in my life. So much fun.

I loved being Cart Attendant at my first store. Most of the time, you work alone and outside, and come in for the occasional team lift/carryout, and cashier when it was slow. Water in the summer, free hot chocolate at breaks/lunch when it was below 40. The only time I didn't like it was during heavy rains and 90+ degree humid heat.

Then again Cart Attendant at my Super was the worst position. It was nothing but a GO-FOR positions. "Cart Attendant GO-FOR this, Cart Attendant GO-FOR that, Cart Attendant GO-FOR you have to do this"...all while other TMs could have done instead of waiting for the cart attendant.

Ad Set was fun at my low volume. No guests, scan, place, and go.

I have a lot of favorite tasks. A big one for me is filling up the pillow focal. The pillows are in a big metal cage I throw the pillows up over the top then arrange them. So fun. I also love riding abandoned carts to the front of the store. My all time favorites are doing sales planners and guest service. :)

I got to run inventory this year since we didn't have an ap (my first inventory at target, mind you.) Got to partner with the APBP and an APL from a sister store who trained me on overseeing the whole process. I even got to guest in a neighboring store for a little training/direction. That was by far the best thing I've done with spot so far

PTM-ing from evaluation to pulling to hearing an ETL walk by without noticing you and hearing them say "hmm...I didn't know they reset that today." All with no walkie. Best day there could be.

PTM-ing from evaluation to pulling to hearing an ETL walk by without noticing you and hearing them say "hmm...I didn't know they reset that today." All with no walkie. Best day there could be.
No walkie=best day ever! lol

I'm guessing this will be a rare response, but I love working MIRs. Especially the difficult ones, like random books or discontinued electronics that will be flexed somewhere crazy or buried in a clearance endcap. I feel like I'm on a great big scavenger hunt with a few tools to help me, like NOP in my gun and the TMs who work those sections for information, and when I finally find something I've been searching for all week it's a lot of fun. This week it was a Hunger Games book, buried behind a newer copy with the same cover. I scanned the front one, -beep-, the second one, -beep-, then grabbed the very back one, -beep beep beep- Bingo! Found my prize.

I'm guessing this will be a rare response, but I love working MIRs.
I do the MIR pulls in the EnE backroom, I love it. It's a nice change from the usual push/backstock.

When I close backroom and it's completely clean... I like to organize and condense the aisles. Plug my ipod in the stereo, crank it up, and low and pro/zone to my heart's content. I'm also a big fan of scraping stickers off the floor. It's the little things.

When I've got a little extra time (like today, especially after MIR's) I love being able to condense and organize. Nothing like the feeling of leaving the backroom in great shape...even though I know it'll be trashed by Thursday.

Building bikes has to be the best part of the job. I got no one breathing down my neck. I get to have a nice peaceful day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back