Archived Your most valued team members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseyerc

GSTL
What is the definition of a valuable team member for you? And whom are yours? As a TL myself, those who deliver consistent results and try their hardest everyday are of most value to me. Those who slack, consistently deliver poor to mediocre performance, or who simply do not care are of least value to me. I tend to reward my hard working team members the most even if it means it comes out of my own pocket!

Reactions: Him
Without retreading the points Bullseyerc brings up, I greatly appreciate, from TMs to our STL, approachability and friendliness. You don't have to be best buds with everyone in your store, but it's better for morale when you can talk to, joke with, or vent to your fellow TMs. This is just as important in leadership. As a TM, it's great knowing that if I have a question or problem, I can go to my TL/ETL/LOD without hesitation. I truly appreciate that leadership in my store largely abstains from talking down to TMs or lording over us.

Conversely, it stinks when I'm working with more standoffish TMs. I don't bite, I swear! We're in the same boat, we could at least chat while we row.

Back when I was a TL, I valued all of the aforementioned. 2 things I truly valued in addition to those were a person's vibe and their morale. We're all here to work, I get it, but there is a great feeling you get when that one person works with you... I have been told I give that energy to those around me and there are people who do that to me as well!!

Someone who truly gets that the only reason we have a job is because of the people coming through those doors to buy our shit. When you get that, the behavior follows.

Our HRTM is a jewel & a treasure; she goes above & beyond what most people deserve & I love being able to repay her kindness.
Our receiver is a gruff old sort but he gets things done & will at least show you how to do something instead of just doing it.

A valuable team member is one that knows the reason for our job is the guest. Being able to execute their role while still remembering the guest is key. This person remembers what its like to be the "new" team member and will welcome them to the team. They take training seriously and will show new team members how to do something, why to do something and make sure they understand.Their attitude even on trying days stays positive. They accept change because we all know Target is constantly changing!
Even if they have no aspirations to move up with Target, they do their job to the best of their ability day in and day out. They show up for work, and on time. These are the team members that should be recognized....often! A heartfelt thank you should be given often. Leaders should make sure that others in the building are also recognizing this type of team member. It means something if the STL or ETL from another area lets them know that their efforts make a difference in the store. These team members are in every store but often overlooked because they are steady and we just come to depend on them. Personally I am not a fan of the GTC stuff. I think its a cop out way to recognize someone. Talk to them, look them in the eyes and tell them why they make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back