Archived Your STL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our has been working out of the store a lot recently. I probably wouldn't see her at all if she didn't have to run the truck once a week.

I like mine but I don't see him much and he's on vacation a lot.

Ours leads by example & is seldom in their office, usually on the floor helping with endcaps or pushing tubs.
And if THEY'RE out there, every ETL had better be as well.
Mine, too. Our first STL opened the store, and wasn't on the Sales Floor or in the Backroom that much. Considering everything that goes into a new store the first year, this didn't seem unusual, and the time that was spent in those areas helped keep things on track. The next three, unless there was a visit, did nothing but sit in their office in front of the computer screen. The store went down hill all during that time. Our current STL is rarely in their office. They are either helping to push the truck or pulls, pulling a batch, setting signs, actually working a register as backup, or in the parking lot bringing in carts. They see what is going on in the store and they give off a sense that they really care. That is a good moral booster for those of us TMs who still care about doing a good job. Is the store perfect? Hell, no. Is it better than it was when they started as STL? Yes, much better. We still need to go a long way, but fixing a store that has had three hands off STLs in a row requires more than a year to bring back standards in all areas.

My newish to my store STL is out on the floor. Give you enough rope kind of STL. You do your job you mostly left to do it but if not? She has no problem letting you hang yourself. Like our HLETL who let her little pet run back to school dead ass empty.

Mine, too. Our first STL opened the store, and wasn't on the Sales Floor or in the Backroom that much. Considering everything that goes into a new store the first year, this didn't seem unusual, and the time that was spent in those areas helped keep things on track. The next three, unless there was a visit, did nothing but sit in their office in front of the computer screen. The store went down hill all during that time. Our current STL is rarely in their office. They are either helping to push the truck or pulls, pulling a batch, setting signs, actually working a register as backup, or in the parking lot bringing in carts. They see what is going on in the store and they give off a sense that they really care. That is a good moral booster for those of us TMs who still care about doing a good job. Is the store perfect? Hell, no. Is it better than it was when they started as STL? Yes, much better. We still need to go a long way, but fixing a store that has had three hands off STLs in a row requires more than a year to bring back standards in all areas.

I've been at a total of 4 stores in my years here with Spot and only 2 of the STL's ever " got it right" in regards to this. Pretty simple, you "Give a Shit, those under will give a shit" point blank, period. When you "Disappear, go on vacations, then those under you will lose 1) respect for you, 2) lose respect for the work and just dread working

Our STL is great, but I see her like once or twice a month.

My STL is MIA most of the time and usually will just send the GSTL to a lane if we are on backup.

Our previous STL was always on the floor and in the back helping out.. always around. Our current one is always around as well, but stressing everyone out instead.

I like her, she's young and always cheery, greeting everyone with a smile. She mostly works dayside but when I do see her overnight, She gets right on the line helping to unload the truck and she'll even help stock aisles etc. She definitely leads by example.

Reactions: Him
our previous STL was good and part of the store team and valued their TMs.
NOW ....
our current STL is rude, condescending, and immature. she walks around with a clipboard and has which ever leader she has in tow explain everything to her as to whats going on with what they see. theyve been with the company for over 10 years, wth? then when she speaks, its valley girl rudeness if you havent done something she felt you should have done OR valley girl rudeness explaining how to do your job because clearly you dont, but then rolls her eyes when you explain you did what you had because of ASANTS or "just this once". she will make faces at you behind your back or when your speaking during a huddle, unless she likes you. then she has a different demeanor altogether, which is proper english with a polite speak pattern. if she is doing any more, its in softlines. she has only helped with the push once, and that was when the FLOW and ETL LOG leaders were both out sick/vacation, and FLOW could not have been more well behaved i might add. she ruined the vibe of the store as she isnt personalable nor does she have any sense of humor. since she has been in the store no one stays and our head count has dropped to where we have barely enough people. POG has its TL and a TM. FLOW has its TL and 10 TMs and frequently gets 2500 trucks. market has 2 PAs. hardlines gets spread out to where ever. shocker though! the STL used to be a softline/checklanes ETL and softlines is well taken care of same with cashiers.

I'm gonna play devils advocate.....for all the comments saying the STL isn't pulling CAFs or pulling POGs or even helping with push....where's the ETL during all this and what's the issue at hand making it to where you can't do these things in the allotted time? Why can't the STL ask why something isn't done in their store or why something's being done and take notes so they can follow up on it? Yes people have been with the company 10+ yrs but how much has it changed in 2 yrs? How many of us take conference calls at home and have to constantly give the DTL updates on situations at the store...not me...so why should I be upset that my STL is offstage either sending an email or on a phone call or taking a break in her office because they've been at home working for 3 or 4 hours before they even got to the store....the way I see it if the STL needs to jump in and help with the workload then that's fine but then they need to talk to their ETLs and address why they needed to do it.

Don't have one. Ours bailed. :(

Was so so though. Very helpful and friendly, but was more interested in shopping on shift then helping push for example.

All 3 STLs I've had were pretty lackluster. The first insisted that ETLs worked from their offices and "delegated tasks" instead of helping on the floor, the second was great with TMs but horrible with TLs, and the one we currently have? I think retail has broken him. He tries but the store is full of fires and there aren't enough hours to put more than one out at a time.

Don't have one. Ours bailed. :(

Was so so though. Very helpful and friendly, but was more interested in shopping on shift then helping push for example.
Mine too. Vanished one day, hasn't been back for about two months so far.

I'm gonna play devils advocate.....for all the comments saying the STL isn't pulling CAFs or pulling POGs or even helping with push....where's the ETL during all this and what's the issue at hand making it to where you can't do these things in the allotted time? Why can't the STL ask why something isn't done in their store or why something's being done and take notes so they can follow up on it? Yes people have been with the company 10+ yrs but how much has it changed in 2 yrs? How many of us take conference calls at home and have to constantly give the DTL updates on situations at the store...not me...so why should I be upset that my STL is offstage either sending an email or on a phone call or taking a break in her office because they've been at home working for 3 or 4 hours before they even got to the store....the way I see it if the STL needs to jump in and help with the workload then that's fine but then they need to talk to their ETLs and address why they needed to do it.

If they are going out to smart huddle to help out you bet your ass they better help rather than just gossip and stand around while those of us who had to set up and work these huge huddles and they are always huge cause the STL was gonna help. I have had breaks ignored, lunches pushed the last second and I was asked by one STL "Where are you going? We aren't done." and going to lunch wasn't that important was it? As I was about to go into compliance. So they better have a fucking grasp on the salesfloor and how to actually get their fucking hands dirty if not? Stay the fuck in your office and let those of us who do know to actually work do it. And you better not bitch with what result you get.

I am old enough where you want my repsect you better be willing to actually work. Rather than walk the race track with your sorority bitch click isn't going to get it done. Then bitching when shelves are empty cause you didn't actually you know watch what your pet was doing. Not my fucking problem.

If they are going out to smart huddle to help out you bet your ass they better help rather than just gossip and stand around while those of us who had to set up and work these huge huddles and they are always huge cause the STL was gonna help. I have had breaks ignored, lunches pushed the last second and I was asked by one STL "Where are you going? We aren't done." and going to lunch wasn't that important was it? As I was about to go into compliance. So they better have a fucking grasp on the salesfloor and how to actually get their fucking hands dirty if not? Stay the fuck in your office and let those of us who do know to actually work do it. And you better not bitch with what result you get.

I am old enough where you want my repsect you better be willing to actually work. Rather than walk the race track with your sorority bitch click isn't going to get it done. Then bitching when shelves are empty cause you didn't actually you know watch what your pet was doing. Not my fucking problem.
If shelves are empty i feel like it's still not on the STL to fix that. Where's the ETL over that area...matter of fact...where's the TL over that area? And with smart huddles being huge just because the STL is gonna be there doesn't make sense to me but to each its own. I do agree if an STL is gonna show up to a smart huddle they should put in a little grunt work but if they're not being seen it doesn't mean they're not working. If an STL is constantly doing an ETL task or TM task then why are they getting paid as much as they are? In addition to this if an STL was always around and started to correct things that they saw then I feel like they'd go from the person that never worked and was lazy to instead now being called the micro manager and person that thinks they know it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back