Archived Your STL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcellow

No and that’s final
What's your STL like at your store? What do you think of them? We got a new one in January and he seems visibly uncomfortable around anyone that isn't management. Don't know much about him other than his cooking is really good.

He usually is holed up in his office if anything - which is surprising because he knows my name.

Can't speak for everyone on this site, but mine is a "Ghost". You might see them on occasion, but with out of store meetings/trips and vacations they are barely visible in the store. I would agree they do make it a habit to learn as many names as they can though of everyone. Oh yeah, and mine would only work overnight if absolutely necessary such as a visit from corporate or mandated from corporate.

My old STL was amazing. Worked at Target from the start and worked his way up the ranks. LOG background so he knew how to get trucks done, knock out research and fill areas, and keep the backroom sharp. He was in his element in LOG roles, especially in the BR making space for transitions and BF stuff. Also watched him load an entire sweep trailer of stuff laying around for too long. I think STL's should all have a LOG rotation (ideally you'd think all ETL roles would be helpful, or at least 2-3)

We never saw my old STL either he was never in the store he was always at another store for the whole day (NOT) instead you could find him out boating , at football games or maybe across the street at the restaurant/bar!

My STL is fantastic, she strives to have a presence in the store beyond simply leading the ETLs here, and on top of that she's amazingly energetic and just an all around positive person. But at the same time still tough when she needs to be.

I have nothing but respect for my STL.

The big jefe. El honcho. He's a great guy and really approachable. He's being doing this for 20 years, Target has been his first and only job since he was a kid. He works super hard too, I've seen the guy drenched in sweat pulling pallets down.

From my observation here-

Some STL's get the job handed to them. With no Target experience they just do what their college degree told them they should do so they hide in their office and mirco-manage.

Then there's the other STL's who worked several positions at Target. They know what the TM's see. They are out on the floor, they know their TM's, they support their ETL/TL's, they get their hands dirty and not afraid to put their foot down to guests.

A big, entitled bitch. Mommy and daddy work for corporate so that's the only reason she has and keeps the job.

Ours is alright. Hard to say since she's been pregnant for the entire time she's been here so for the last couple of months she's been mostly off stage.

Looking forward to when she's back though. I have a feeling she'll be good.

Ours is visible & somewhat hands-on but he knows when to step back & let others do their job.
I've seen him push product on an endcap, jump on a lane during back-up, take flats/tubs off the floor, etc.
Personally, he can be a bit of a jerk in what he says to some people & can show a cruel streak so I'm glad I don't have to be around him on that level.

Ours is alright. Hard to say since she's been pregnant for the entire time she's been here so for the last couple of months she's been mostly off stage.

Looking forward to when she's back though. I have a feeling she'll be good.

Holy crap I think I know who your STL is. You will love her. Her brother was my best man. She has a chip on her shoulder because she kept getting passed over for STL positions...

Sometimes it's hit and miss when ETLs become stls but I think she's going to nail it.

My stl is one of the better ones I have seen in my time with Spot. Now, that's not saying too much because I have seen some real losers for stls. Most days our stl is pretty good/decent. She knows what shes doing. I am just not sure of some of her methods of getting it done.

Holy crap I think I know who your STL is. You will love her. Her brother was my best man. She has a chip on her shoulder because she kept getting passed over for STL positions...

Sometimes it's hit and miss when ETLs become stls but I think she's going to nail it.
That's good to hear. She's a hard read so its impossible to figure out what she's thinking sometimes but I like some of the directions she's taking us and, like I said, can't wait for her to get back from maternity.

I'll be honest though... My first thought when she came to walk with our departing STL was "Holy shit, she's only got 3 or 4 years on me."

My stl is great. The etl team is strong. End to end stuff & staff shortages are hurting the team the most, now.

Ours is visible & somewhat hands-on but he knows when to step back & let others do their job.
I've seen him push product on an endcap, jump on a lane during back-up, take flats/tubs off the floor, etc.
Personally, he can be a bit of a jerk in what he says to some people & can show a cruel streak so I'm glad I don't have to be around him on that level.
I swear to god... are you sure you don't work at my store? Cause it always sounds like you do, lol.

My stl isn't awful, he does tend to spend way too much time in his office taking conference calls and checking numbers. But he will backup, he will push, he will lead truck unload. He has a dad voice he uses to lecture though, which is usually the result of him getting pissed and manning snap decisions.

My new one is alright everyone is scared of her lol but she gets results. I love her because how she supports hr. People have no joke called the store to call out, she answers then they hang up because they don't want to tell her they can't come in.

My last STL was the hardest working person I have ever met at Target. He would push cafs, pull batches, cashier, get carts, tell ETLs to get off their phones and help at smart huddle. Middle aged guy who had to work for everything he earned. Miss him to death

I've had bad luck with STL'S I have had 3 that were fired and one ASS! but the one I have now I actually worked with as a TL and I have known him for around 11 years. He's awesome as a STL.

My STL is awesome.. he came on a few weeks or a month right before I was hired. And before that, he was some other sort of management in my store, so he already knew everything. I haven't seen in that much at all in a few weeks, and it's got me worried. I hope it's just because he's holed up in his office or has time off.

Ours is basically useless, and we would survive just the same without her. It's unfortunate because she takes credit for all of the good visits when it's the other strong leadership in the store that basically makes things run.

My STL is just plain awkward in a way that I don't even know how to describe. She's nice, and will usually help with grunt work on the floor. But she's just... Off. There's no good way to word it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back