Archived Your stores breakroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our store moved from 4am to 6am years ago and they gave everyone who was on the team a $1 raise to make up for the lost $1 shift diff.

That is something that involved nice, generous, human thought.

I take it then, the other pod people ate the person who gave everyone on the team that raise?

Not really. I get it unloading the truck is hard but at my store which is overnight flow doesnt have to deal with a single guest, they can wear almost whatever they want and wear headphones while they work. Also forgot to mention they make a 1.50 more than almost everyone else because of the shift differential.

Them working hard is not an excuse to neglect cleaning after themselves.
Most stores have their flow team come in at 6. Unloading a big truck , then spend the day helping guest while being sweaty and dingy sucks.

I envy the SFTMs that can come to work with their nice red scarfs and UGGs lmao

Most stores have their flow team come in at 6. Unloading a big truck , then spend the day helping guest while being sweaty and dingy sucks.

I envy the SFTMs that can come to work with their nice red scarfs and UGGs lmao

If I remember correctly most stores are actually 4am processes. Overnight and 6 am are the outliers.

Our store moved from 4am to 6am years ago and they gave everyone who was on the team a $1 raise to make up for the lost $1 shift diff.

Our STL would rather sacrifice an eye before he did that. No, flow doesn't get shift differential any more, but they do get a free bowl of cold cereal one day a month to show how fast, fun, friendly Target is.

(Just don't tell them everyone else gets a free bowl of cereal as well, it'll hurt their feelings.)

I often throw a bunch of stuff away. Every 2 weeks or so on my last break when closing, I will go through the fridge and pitch anything in a plastic bag or without a name. Tired of that shit

I never realised how nice our breakroom is until reading about others. We have a flat-screen TV, leather chairs, the vending machines, Keurig, the fridge, and clean microwaves. The break rules are a bit stricter, though. Some TLs schedule breaks and lunches and those that don't won't allow more than 3 TMs per workcentre to be on break at the same time. The breakroom is probably bigger than my apartment... ._.

Ours is kept clean. We have a big TV, decent vending machines, 3 fridges, a Keurig, microwaves, utensil drawers that are kept stocked, and big windows. I never go in there unless I need a soda or cheap snack though. I work overnight, so everyone takes their break at the same time. The room is packed during breaks, and the TV is usually turned up waaay too loud. I eat/chill out in the Starbucks area.

I can't get over how many stores apparently have keurigs/coffee pots, nice chairs, toasters, crockpots, etc etc. Lol. We have a few microwaves and fridges. And vending machines that are constantly broken.

Gonna dig up this thread. My former & current store had similarities. TV w/ satellite, fridge, and microwaves. The one I'm at has a nice filtered water dispenser, a coffee maker, and toaster. The sink though has seen better days with so much calcium, rust, and god knows what on the surface. Though for the size of our store, I wish our Breakroom was much larger.

Our BR has 2 microwaves, 3 fridges, direct tv. LOUD vending machines that are so LOUD it can be hard to converse. Mostly clean but you have to keep food in a bag. People steal it, even w/ the PBJ and cereal for free.

PBJ and cereal for free
Wow that's pretty generous. And sad they just steal stuff.

Unrelated-- I once was in extra credit summer school and since there was no lunch in the lunchroom, you either brought your own or starved until one older lady science teacher that everyone loved started bringing PB&J, bread, and that string cheese in a can with crackers. Loved that lady.

Just OTA TV with choppy signal.
3 microwaves. Only one is clean usually.
Vending machine for sodas is constantly broken. Snack machine doesn't take bills, only coins.

QkEsBpA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back