Zebra -> Workbench

Just checking if anyone can still access Workbench from your Zebra in MyDay? Off the top of my head I think it's..

Tools (at the bottom of the screen) -> Workbench (at the top).

Chrome pops up and depending on some Zebra it logs you in automatically or you have to log manually. I don't know if it's because they never update the Chrome app or that I'm not a team lead, but I can't access Workbench anymore. It was the quickest way to fix a punch correction. With all these new people doing their training on the 2 available computers for team members, my options are limited. ☹️

I'm having this issue this week too. I'm still sort of able to get to my email if I click on enough buttons, but it takes a while to get there. The error message says something about "zscaler" needing reinstalled.

I know I didn't get any error messages. It just looks like the page does fully load. Next time I have a chance, I'll screenshot it. I just know a lot of people at work don't use or know about Workbench on your Zebra, so I can't really check if this is happening to them. I even changed the zebra I was using, thinking something was wrong with that one, but it was the same.

Every time I ask the person from HQ about updates for certain apps they always say they go through rigorous steps to get permission to update them. Like they literally needed permission to update the Target app that one time it was severely out of date. Mind boggling how corporations work.

Every time I ask the person from HQ about updates for certain apps they always say they go through rigorous steps to get permission to update them. Like they literally needed permission to update the Target app that one time it was severely out of date. Mind boggling how corporations work.
Old thread but this is a bit understandable. a lot of people depend on these apps yk? Also, our Chrome app on our MCO is ANCIENT.

For that matter, the Target app's SKU-code scanner doesn't work on our out-of-date Zebras. Does anyone else find their Zebras actually can scan with our store's signature app? While much of the time we can use MyDay or even Price Match, I just can't fathom why the Target app is semi-useless on our own store devices.

While much of the time we can use MyDay or even Price Match, I just can't fathom why the Target app is semi-useless on our own store devices.
If we're being real, PriceMatch should be in myDay. This and that would mean they'd have to add custom scanning abilities to either a custom version of the target app made for stores (too much work with legit 0 payoff) or add it to the target app on android app store (will never happen because no point, and it would make the app bigger for no reason.
Chrome is so severely out of date that workbench literally does not work.
I learned this the hard way.

They don't have to make a custom version, you can programmatically include features if the zebra sdk exists on the device.
Irrc, the scanning features of the zebra sucks ass from the code that they provide. Target makes its own custom wrapper for it.

I was referring to, enabling the scanner and allowing it to be scanned within the app so the app is able to understand what to do when something gets scanned.

Then again, You are the app dev, I am not so you're probably right about this lol

Back