Archived Zoning/Hardlines

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...just curious. What is your favorite/least favorite area to zone?

When I work hardlines, I typically get HBA/Beauty.

I find zoning the Advil/Tylenol/med bottles and the toothpaste aisle my least favorite.
Favorite or the one I find oddly satisfying would be the tampons because it is always such a mess and then when I'm done, it looks freaking amazing.

For softlines, my favorite is RTW. Least favorite by a landslide: Shoes.

Last edited:
LOL @ a thread about the joys of zoning!
aaf_lol.gif

Carry on!

Favourite Softlines Zones: y’all are gonna think I’m crazy for this RTW/YC
Least favourite: men’s/Infants/Intimates/sleep/hosiery

Because I generally work in RTW areas since e2e I feel most confident there.

Hardlines: favorite: back when we had so many zoners one person would just get paper/chems/pets
least: HBA all that little stuff

Softlines: favorite: baby hardlines, boys, accessories/sleepwear...RTW is ok if I dont also have to work FRO
least: girls (it always gets destroyed) and of course SHOES

By far, it was Softlines. No one gave me any clue how to zone or how the Softline planogram was set.

Hardlines
Market/HBA were the hardest for me. My former store used to leave them till closing and then team zone them.
Chemicals/Picture frames/Toys were bad ones as well.

Id say easiest is the furniture focal. I hate zoning toys, sporting goods and seasonal. I don't mind zoning anything else.

Haven't zoned hardlines in forever, but when I do I like most of domestics/furniture.

In SL, I like doing men's (especially with Goodfellow out, that zone has been a lot easier), hosiery/sleep, activewear, boys and accessories. I have a field day when RTW and girls are reset, as well as when our shoe brand TM is there during the day. She makes shoes much easier to zone.

I haven't had the chance to try zoning everything yet, but my favorite so far has been the baby goods section. Everything is so large and/or distinguishable that it's not much of a hassle. And it's also easy for that to be my favorite, because everything else that I've zoned so far has been HBA, sporting goods (on the day of a local game), and seasonal (Halloween).

Worst- anything in hardlines, sorry but zoning over there is soooo boring to me

Best- Boys, girls, infants.. everyone at my store hates zoning there but i love it even tho girls gets wrecked almost every day

I’m in SL but honestly out of those zones i hate (with a passion) girls/infants. those zones get wrecked soooo quickly and i always find myself never finishing my zone before close. my favorite zones would be mens/boys and yes, i actually enjoy zoning shoes

HBA, my hands are too big and knock everything over. Canned cat food, yogurt and anything in a bin (travel, luggage, sporting goods, toys). Anything softlines.

Zoning on a regular basis, toys at my store. Halloween is the worst though with everyone trying on costumes and snap chatting/IGing it

Fan central is the absolute worst. It doesn't get regularly zoned by ANYONE. So when I go over there as VM it legit takes me a full shift to fix everything, rearrange the hang, and actually get the rest of it pushed from the backroom. Apparently no one else will even push it.

My favorite right now is probably RTW. Love actually having denim fits separated, dress pant fits zoned, crisp folds.

My least favorite in Hardlines was shampoo and hair accessories and pets, but I didn't really mind much else.

And then there was market... oh god how I hated market.

Never had the chance to zone hardlines.

Softlines most hated, hands down girls. That area is destroyed within minutes. Infants/toddlers is a neck and neck call for second worse. Most liked, baby hardlines and mens. Baby hardlines has a million little things but it's easy to match up and mens doesn't get that messed up compared to everywhere else.

Have you all heard of the Zone Diet. Whenever you get hungry you just go to your local Target and start zoning a section. Still hungry? Looks like Chem could use a touch-up!
I hate all the little blind bag toys for every fandom out there, fuck they just end up every where!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back