Archived Zoning Times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLN13

Hardlines TM
I'm a recently hired Hardlines TM and recently my LOD and SFTL have been complimenting me on how fast I am on zoning. Just wondering how long a normal zone takes?

I did all of seasonal in about an hour and a half today, including reshopping all the stray.

Is that actually fast or are my leaders just trying to make me feel good? JW. TIA :)

That's a complicated question. Are you doing a quick zone? A 4 by 4?

If they are complimenting you it's good but not all zones are the same. Big difference between zoning bulk plastic and zoning one spot.

Reactions: Him
It also heavily depends on how large your store is and how hard you guys were hit during the busy periods. Do your TL's audit zones? Or just trust that you did a good zone while doing it pretty fast.
In my case, if you zone fast at my store the LOD's will check it to make sure it was done to a certain standard.
I'm not saying that just because you zone fast that it's bad, but there's a lot of variables that have to be taken into consideration to really put an answer to your question.

If they are complimenting you it's good but not all zones are the same. Big difference between zoning bulk plastic and zoning one spot.
It was all of the 8-10 seasonal aisles, some bulky items like rugs, lawn chairs and grills, and some small items like water bottles, bug spray, lights, pool toys, etc.
It also heavily depends on how large your store is and how hard you guys were hit during the busy periods. Do your TL's audit zones? Or just trust that you did a good zone while doing it pretty fast.
In my case, if you zone fast at my store the LOD's will check it to make sure it was done to a certain standard.
I'm not saying that just because you zone fast that it's bad, but there's a lot of variables that have to be taken into consideration to really put an answer to your question.
Our TL/LOD's dont check our zones immediately, but when I came in this morning I was told that I did great job on Pets last night and that it still looked really good even after 12+ hours.

Are you zoning to POG?

Did I say that right?
Not quite sure what that means, sorry. LOD just asked me to zone through seasonal, all I did was collect stray, pull all the items forward, take a bunch of items up to GS to be defected out, etc.

I'm zone pro with one spot ;)

I expect 5-15 mins per aisle. 5 is going to be aisles like bedding, where 15 will be most of market/health and beauty. I'd expect a basic zone of seasonal, in its current set, to take only 30-45 mins.

That said, stores are different and maybe your store's seasonal area is larger than mine. Your real test will be when they put you in Health/Beauty/Pet/Pharmacy if there's a block like that in your store. If you can get through the whole zone, that's good. If you can get through the whole zone and reshop, that's great. If you can get through all of it with time to spare, that's amazing.

Take it as a compliment and keep up the good work. As you continue your time with the Spot, you'll learn Target terminology, such as POG. If you search this site more, you'll find a list of some of the terms used. If anyone has the link for HardlineNewbie13, please post as they can learn.

Every store and every department is different. And depending on the day and guest traffic, zones can be very tight/detailed or salvage from total disasters. Some stores require detailed zones or just make the front look nice.

Usually my former stores hardest hit areas were HBA, Market, Domestics, and Softlines. Market side at Supers are always hit hard. And usually have to be team zoned at the end of each night.

Front facing zones after closing. But detail as much as possible.

Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back