Archived Zoning

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just transferred stores and my old store was super chill on everything but my new store is the opposite, especially with zoning.

Please give me tips and trick on how I can zone my whole block in 1.5 hours but it has to be super zoned.

Work fast, get help. Not possible to super zone in that amount of time. You could ask if a few aisles deep zoned OR all aisles touched up is preferable. I would check all endcaps first then up and down each aisle and do what you can removing abandoned and straightening. Good luck.

So I just transferred stores and my old store was super chill on everything but my new store is the opposite, especially with zoning.

Please give me tips and trick on how I can zone my whole block in 1.5 hours but it has to be super zoned.

Start on one end. Do as much as you can. Next time start on the other end and work the other way. Once you get a good super zone in, maintaining it takes a lot less time. You may need to go to your closing lead and let them know you need additional time to get that initial good zone in.

My new closing TL is a bitch. My old one QMOSed all the starbucks for us, was hella chill on everything etc, the one at my new store is just a bitch (based off my first three shifts)
My new store also still uses LOD

This absolutely doesn’t work for everyone** I’ve been called crazy for doing it like this but what I do is I do a little bit in one section and then a little bit in another and keep doing that until eventually everything is done. It 100% works for me and is my fastest way to get things done when I need to deep deep DEEEEEP zone.

You are probably screwed if you have a busy branch. If they want you to do it unreasonably fast, just try to make it look nice at first view. Pull everything up to the diamonds in the shelves (at least three items in). No time for anything else except items that are obviously not meant to be there. Deep zone the first few shelves closest to the run way....

This absolutely doesn’t work for everyone** I’ve been called crazy for doing it like this but what I do is I do a little bit in one section and then a little bit in another and keep doing that until eventually everything is done. It 100% works for me and is my fastest way to get things done when I need to deep deep DEEEEEP zone.

I do something similar. I zone as I work my auto pulls and freight so a little bit everywhere gets done as opposed to only getting a few aisles done. DTL wants us zoning before we do anything else in the morning but I don't have time to zone my whole area, work pulls, then freight. I'd never come clean!

The big issue at my store is EVERYTHING must be pulled forward. They look every where for gaps and will call you out. Oh everything but one item is pulled forward? Doesn't matter you need to fix it.

What has been your main area at your new store.

Start off with large/bulky items. Reshop as you go.

HomeGoods and HBA are endless battles.

Reach back and pull forward as much as you can.

Ask for advice from said TL. Engage the enemy.

So far in my three shifts I've done Essentials (which is baby and health and paper and chem and all that), and domestics.

If I don't pull 1 thing forward, they call you out on it. It's such BS.

I wouldn’t worry about it much. It’s unlikely you’ll see a corrective action for missing an item in your zone. Do your best and go home every night. You’re human and they’re asking unreal things of you. Do what you can and be done. If the TL says it’s not good enough tell them you only had x amount of hours and your shift is over. They cannot make you stay.

Sometimes I wonder if this constant obsession with zoning really has a positive effect on sales? And the whole putting things in the wrong spot to make the aisle look full is so stupid. Most guests don't care whether the aisle looks full or not, they just want to get their shopping done and be on their way.

Sometimes I wonder if this constant obsession with zoning really has a positive effect on sales? And the whole putting things in the wrong spot to make the aisle look full is so stupid. Most guests don't care whether the aisle looks full or not, they just want to get their shopping done and be on their way.
I understand. Coming from an SFS background I want to put everything in the right place. But when you zone, you don't have time due to the strict standards. I don't like how different departments aren't helping each other out more because "speed".

I understand. Coming from an SFS background I want to put everything in the right place. But when you zone, you don't have time due to the strict standards. I don't like how different departments aren't helping each other out more because "speed".
I completely agree my TL in Market is obsessed with putting stuff in the wrong spot to fill the hole as he quotes all the time. He making sfs job harder in my opinion, plus he pisses off alot of guests when they can't find something they are looking for. He puts stuff in the wrong spot to cover to up the fact that we don't scan for outs in grocery hardly ever.

I completely agree my TL in Market is obsessed with putting stuff in the wrong spot to fill the hole as he quotes all the time. He making sfs job harder in my opinion, plus he pisses off alot of guests when they can't find something they are looking for. He puts stuff in the wrong spot to cover to up the fact that we don't scan for outs in grocery hardly ever.
For people pushing and zoning, all we hear is "do it fast". I see the results of that, whether I am pushing or zoning. When I am pushing; I see that the people zoning make it look nice without things being in the right place. When I am zoning; I don't have enough time to do everything and end up having to do the same thing. This builds up over time to make things a mess, with objects lost and just shoved way back into the netherland. I started zoning with the idea I would clean up everything perfectly, but my LODs wonder why I am being so slow (I am cleaning up stuff that has been there for months). I feel like they make it so, at a certain point, you have to give up doing what is probably most beneficial for the store in general (it takes too much time) and just try to make your bosses happy... or else.

Tell me about it. I sometimes feel like I will need to take a picture of each zoned aisle to prove it was zoned nicely 15-30 minutes ago.
I do this anyways. I like keeping it and it’s helpful to show people also.

What anal retentive douchebag goes around each morning and scans the full zone from back to front of each shelf to see if there is a gap between products. A perfect detailed zone is nearly impossible.

My HLTLs were ok if pulled at least one item to the shelf front. The were excited and write you GTcards if you got 3 or more items pulled forward.

I would say this is a TL that has a performancing kick, a superiority complex, or this TL is the real life bastard child of Sheldon Cooper. Stay solid but I would probably check on other positions or even other stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back