Archived AE18 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL WHAT

WHAT KIND OF RINKY-DINK STORE DO YOU HAVE LMAO

IT'S 2018 AND YOU DON'T HAVE PFRESH I CAN'T

Lol alot of stores don't have Pfresh. It's not needed in my area because there is a large ass grocery store 2ft away from the store. Too much competition that target doesn't want to compete. We would lose money. We're extremely softlines driven.
Thanks for playing, now go dress a mannequin
View attachment 4625

Lol I love that you got worked up enough to post private company information just to prove a point to a know it all Visual. This has been entertaining. Did you really go look for that sheet? Lol

Lol I love that you got worked up enough to post private company information just to prove a point to a know it all Visual. This has been entertaining. Do you really go look for that sheet? Lol

I love how you have to backtrack after announcing you make more than etls.

You don't, all of us are replaceable pieces. I'm sorry you're just a "team member" now but you'll get over it

What does price change prep or overseeing push have anything to with visual merchandising

It's has every to do with it especially now that softlines is in charge of their own pricing. We have to move the clearance product and make room for new product lol

Some disciplinary changes

Notably they got rid of the second final warning.

As silly as this sounds you can finally fire someone who is on a final warning after one more infraction rather than giving them a second final.

Is that like the 4th "out" in baseball? ;)

I love how you have to backtrack after announcing you make more than etls.

Must be butt hurt you're just a "lowly team member" like everyone else here...

I didn't back track lol. And I still find you arguing with me entertaining.

Lol alot of stores don't have Pfresh. It's not needed in my area because there is a large ass grocery store 2ft away from the store. Too much competition that target doesn't want to compete. We would lose money. We're extremely softlines driven.

Lol I love that you got worked up enough to post private company information just to prove a point to a know it all Visual. This has been entertaining. Did you really go look for that sheet? Lol

My store is next to a Giant, Walmart Supercenter, an Aldi's, and a Wegman's. We have Pfresh and we do very good with it.

Moving product take little to no time. And everything at Target is grunt work. It's retail.

You say everything is grunt work but you come in here with your holier-than-thou attitude about how VM is soooooo important.

Except VM is grunt work.

My store is next to a Giant, Walmart Supercenter, an Aldi's, and a Wegman's. We have Pfresh and we do very good with it.

I came from a Pfresh store but when you have 16 stores in one city not every store needs one. Awww dont get moody it's just fun conversations.

You say everything is grunt work but you come in here with your holier-than-thou attitude about how VM is soooooo important.

Except VM is grunt work.

I have 14 targets in my city, 3 of us don't have Pfresh. No need. And there is a huge target 4 miles from mine.

Don't get pissy it's all fun conversation

how is that pissy

im pointing out your message might not have gone through

Reactions: NXT

Wait, what.. a majority of Targets are built next to grocery stores and they have pFresh. The Super Target in our neighboring district shares a parking lot with Ralph’s that literally across the lot from the super. Obviously your store is going to be soft lines heavy because you only have 4 of the 5 major earners in Target lol. I’m willing to bet you have an extra beauty TM or 2 and more interactive displays in electronics to make up for the 25+ aisles of groceries you’re missing. Of course you’re softlines driven lol

Before it closed, my store was next to a grocery store which was next to a Walmart. The grocery chain pulled out of the region, and a new retailer is in the grocery space, but we still have a ton of grocery stores within a couple miles. Five of them, if I'm remembering all of them (plus a Pfresh Target a couple miles farther down the road).

My family shops at three of them, actually, as the selection is a bit different, as is pricing (obviously) and stuff goes on sale at different times and all that.

I have a bachelor's, a master's (and a day job) and I'm still moonlighting at Target, so...whatever.

VM is no doubt an important part of the business, but there’s no way they are payed comparatively to an ETL. I talk to ours pretty often on break or what have you, and from what she’s told me, it seems like a pretty straightforward gig. She made it sound like everything she has to do is laid out for her in detail and all she has to do is follow directions. I know that our leadership pays close attention to what she does because I’ve seen our DTL walking the store with her a couple different times.

Our VM person is a TL, but I think she's coded as a SL TL, and focuses there, mostly. We've got the Hearth & Hand stuff and decorative home section that she's also in charge of, but otherwise she is like other SL TLs.

I think one of the beautiful things about Target is I've worked for ETL's with high school degrees and team members pursuing their Doctorate.

Education is important but not the end-all. I'm more concerned with how you complete task, problem-solve and treat others.

Our VM person is a TL, but I think she's coded as a SL TL, and focuses there, mostly. We've got the Hearth & Hand stuff and decorative home section that she's also in charge of, but otherwise she is like other SL TLs.

She's not a TL anymore, some were grandfathered in but they really don't have any TL power outside of their pay.

My store has a VMTM but she's mature and a leader so people treat her like a TL even though she's not.

The only VMs who are TL's are the one who were grandfathered in as senior VMTLS when that was a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back