Archived AE18 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...any more AE18 news. The past 3 pages
Shutout to my Starbucks folks. Some stores were selected to test a program starting March 4th where addition hours are given to train backups at starbucks.

Unlike a regular certified team member they cannot be at Starbucks alone but they will be trained to provide register support, Mark cups, pour brewed coffee and prepare food.

Training takes 10.25 hours.

They want it to be people who work in food ideally (market or cafe) since they already have some food safety training but I know at my store it will end up being 5 cashier's.

FYI, additional hours were not given, but instead taken away from other workcenters. I sat there with my STL and tried to figure out...ends up they just took it from other workcenters here and there to add the hours to Starbucks.

I was one of the original Visuals hired on and I'm still at Target. I get paid senior pay because #1. I have 2 degrees #2. I understand the impact great visuals has on sales. So to those crying because of why we get paid more, many of us earned it. I'm tired of the constant whining and complaining. Don't like it? than you do it. It's just that simple. Don't want to do it? Then keep quiet or provide a suggestion to do it better. You all think visuals is just dressing mannequins and making things look pretty. It's not. An effective visual should spend most of their time delegating, researching, planning and executing. Our work goes far beyond what's happening in the store. A good visual will be knowledgeable on the current trends, educated on the competition and aware of the increase and decrease of sales. Just cause you think their doing nothing doesn't mean they are. Believe me when you take a negative comping department and make it positive, you'll understand the value of a visual merchandiser. And an end note to anyone reading this, softlines dominates most stores sales mix, therefore only 5% of a visuals time (unless you're an innovation store) should be dedicated to Hardlines. The money is in the clothing.
Lmao!

FYI, additional hours were not given, but instead taken away from other workcenters. I sat there with my STL and tried to figure out...ends up they just took it from other workcenters here and there to add the hours to Starbucks.
The store was given a bump in total store hours and the stl has to divy it out. If he has Starbucks set to take so many, he needs to adjust his set amounts. Hq never sends hours down and they magically appear in Starbucks. The stl has to move them there.

You're embarrassing yourself.

First with your suggestion ETLs get lower pay for being in a low volume store. That's not true. I have a peer who makes 102k in a C volume store.

And yes I am HR. So you as a VMTM need to stop pretending you know how much etls make

I'm also in the highest paying region in Target so if my VMTL is capped. I know you are too.
Actually etls starting off do get paid less in a low volume store. Your etl friend making 102,000 has been around awhile. Lol

In our case they'd be giving us a fraction of our hours BACK since they regularly skim our SB & FA payroll.

What spot giveth, spot taketh away.
And they do, frequently.

Shutout to my Starbucks folks. Some stores were selected to test a program starting March 4th where addition hours are given to train backups at starbucks.

Unlike a regular certified team member they cannot be at Starbucks alone but they will be trained to provide register support, Mark cups, pour brewed coffee and prepare food.

Training takes 10.25 hours.

They want it to be people who work in food ideally (market or cafe) since they already have some food safety training but I know at my store it will end up being 5 cashier's.
This is so so brilliant! Could also save some payroll hours if GS or market people can cover at least a 15 min sbux break. Currently we have to overschedule sbux just to cover breaks.

I'm sure Starbucks DMs will love that as they're already up our butts about tedious things like "after reviewing your orders for the past 4 weeks, you're obviously not brewing pike roast every thirty minutes as required because you would've needed a lot more boxes"

I'll believe it when I see it. I provided an easy internal for two tm, never saw shit.

Thats too bad, etl-hr needs to gtfo....
Gift cards aren't sent out for HR internals only AP internals so that could be a reason you didn't get one

This is so so brilliant! Could also save some payroll hours if GS or market people can cover at least a 15 min sbux break. Currently we have to overschedule sbux just to cover breaks.
You are supposed to be fully certified to cover breaks and lunches in Sbux. With this abbreviated training, you wouldn't be certified, and shouldn't be alone there.

Gift cards aren't sent out for HR internals only AP internals so that could be a reason you didn't get one
I'm talking p. Couple knuckleheads stealing food and just qmosing it. They got a year final warning. I only thought it was one. Had three months of qmos report and matching pics of the food. I'm guessing the aptl claimed credit as part of her climb to etl.

Joe is r100. He's usually a very nice guy, takes a lot to piss him off.

He has valid points but I wish he’d think things through a little more. He had us reduce our capacities of canned soups in half becuase he felt it took too much time to zone stacked facings....

But then we have to do ten other steps to backstock and refill when it’s empty. :/

this Starbucks thing is a good chance to get my foot in the door over there, hopefully it happens at my store

I have seen pissed off Joe and it was fucking hilarious to see my STL and ETL facing it.

My store is trying to run backroom on under 100 hours a week, while they are responsible for daily 12 steps, pulling and backstocking everything except pog and grocery, and taking 5 trucks a week.

It doesn't work.
my backroom was allocated under 60 hours on the new schedule when our in with the new set comes down.

We. Don’t. Care.

If anyone, (I know ASANTS). Should have a problem with VM pay it is the stores Signing TM, I have worked for Target for borderline 6 years now, started as a HL-TM, then was promoted to PA.

Legit got singled out positively, by our Group Leader, for visual merchandising as a PA (I used Jewelry fixtures to merchandise produce (I know, but it worked, AND passed every steritech round).

I have a Bachelor's in Graphic Design, which means I could put something together out of thin air, if I needed to.

You want to give me a restricted amount of options? (VM position), I am MORE than willing to take that.

The argument I have Signing TM vs VM, is that (and I'd even quote you). We have every bit as much responsibility as you, I will honestly say in my biased opinion, more.

Where can I find this information on workbench?! :O

I didnt see anything on WB, just an email to pilot stores. If you pm me I can share some more light on it

Last edited:

I am not sure where you saw that it's coming from other work centers, the additional Starbucks hours aren't even in the March forecast yet.

In my experience as an hrtm when they gave us additional hours for training. They either added it to our allocation or gave us a charge off code as proof they weren't just taking hours from other work centers.

I'm going to give the company the benefit of the doubt with this that they understand you can never have too many trained people back there when it's crazy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back