Archived Angry "Extreme" couponers

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a lady that does that with cat food & litter but she works for a rescue group so they're pretty cool with it.
Unfortunately, it gives a pass to other nearby extreme couponers if they see it going on.

This is the rule for coupons:

...so, she would have been pissed if she had been on my line. Was she using each $5 gc she got for the next transaction? I can understand separating them for that purpose. If she wasn't, I *think* for each 2 bags you scanned, the POS would have prompted you to scan another gc. I dislike transactions like that because it slows you down.
oh i didn't know about that rule. thanks for letting me know! but yes, she was using each $5 gc for the next transaction. it was quite a system she had going.

So, last night had a guest who tried to use $5 off coupon for trial sizes, even though it says right on the coupon "not valid on trial/travel sizes." I pointed to it, told her I couldn't accept the coupons and she decided she didn't want anything and told me to void it all. I laughed after she walked off. Does she truly think that that will work anywhere? You're buying a tube of toothpaste that's worth $1.29 or so and you're using a $5 off coupon. Her other coupons were sketchy as well. She purchased 4 Herbal Essence bottles of shampoo and conditioner then gave used 4 coupons for buy one get one. Those weren't going to work either. One per purchase/four like per item. I was only going to accept two of them. You still would have had to pay for two of them. smh

My GSAs/LoDs have taken the worst possible stance on these people. All of them have taken a "We don't care, accept any and all returns or coupons" approach. The smarter mass couponers have learned you can get by the computer's automated "4 per person/per day" thing by doing multiple transactions.
Tuesday I spent 45 minutes on a single person, two carts of random crap, and probably 300+ coupons, because the moment I protest, I get yelled at by the couponer and coached by the GSA.
These people seem to enjoy wrecking lives.

Oh shut up ! I am going to give you a grammar test Mr Smarty Pants, and I guarantee you wont pass

Don't you sass me, Mr...cat....face!!!

You just made me laugh so hard i actually decided to get up and go to church.. i have been depressed for two days, thanks so much for making me laugh.... i showed my hubby and he said thank you too ... he immediately knew this was from Clerks. I thought it was really you

You just made me laugh so hard i actually decided to get up and go to church.. i have been depressed for two days, thanks so much for making me laugh.... i showed my hubby and he said thank you too ... he immediately knew this was from Clerks. I thought it was really you

Awesome! Depression sucks! Go get pancakes after church! :D Breakfast makes everything better.

had one tonight that blew me outta the sky.
Guest comes to food ave with an overflowing cart of HBA and Travel items. she said the GSA sent her over to check out, one glance at said GSA later, I knew she was lying. so I proceed to ring up her order and 20 minutes later when i think im in the clear, I hear her say, oh wait i almost forgot my coupons, with this high pitched giggle the likes of which I have only heard from Dolores Umbridge in HP and the Order of the Phoenix. she puts a stack of coupons on the counter that are bigger than my hand scanner. Screaming inwardly I begin to scan her coupons and one by one reject them because they are either A. expired or B. not valid on trial sizes. this goes on for every coupon. then she screams that she doesnt want any of it and takes all the bags in her cart and FLINGS them around the front end. two bags ended up nailing registers and one which she threw at me took out the popcorn machine. she then leaves in a huff and the entire front end was so quiet you could hear a pin drop for about thirty seconds. needless to say i went i in my cooler and banged my head against the wall.

Am I the only one who thinks these crazy coupon ladies have an ungodly amount of cats at home?

They don't where I live. Our frauders look more like a distant relative of Honey BooBoo.

Wondered where you'd been, DyingSun.
Wished I'd been behind the counter with you.
My knives are sharpened & the degreaser is topped off.
I hope AP got the vid of that biotch.

We had a guest today who tried to clear out our travel section with her coupon crap and bring it all to pharmacy to check out. she actually tried to ERASE the "travel" part of "not valid on trial/travel size" THEN argue that they were "travel" size, not "trial" size. When I pointed out the "missing" (which you could still see) "travel" on her (obviously photocopied) coupons (she should have tried erasing it, THEN copying it), she challenged me to SHOW her where it said on the products that they was a "trial" size. I simply responded, "they don't say travel either, but trial and travel are interchangeable. These coupons clearly state a certain size, which these are not..." When I offered to call the LOD over for clarification, she said "Nevermind, I'll go to Walmart" and walked out, leaving all the crap AND half the coupons! Fortunately, the travel section is near us so it wasn't that difficult to put it all back....

They don't where I live. Our frauders look more like a distant relative of Honey BooBoo.

I'm not sure if it's possible to have distant relatives in her case with as fucked up as that family is. Third cousin is probably an uncle and a step brother.

We had a guest today who tried to clear out our travel section with her coupon crap and bring it all to pharmacy to check out. she actually tried to ERASE the "travel" part of "not valid on trial/travel size" THEN argue that they were "travel" size, not "trial" size. When I pointed out the "missing" (which you could still see) "travel" on her (obviously photocopied) coupons (she should have tried erasing it, THEN copying it), she challenged me to SHOW her where it said on the products that they was a "trial" size. I simply responded, "they don't say travel either, but trial and travel are interchangeable. These coupons clearly state a certain size, which these are not..." When I offered to call the LOD over for clarification, she said "Nevermind, I'll go to Walmart" and walked out, leaving all the crap AND half the coupons! Fortunately, the travel section is near us so it wasn't that difficult to put it all back....
Go get them!

Am I the only one who thinks these crazy coupon ladies have an ungodly amount of cats at home?

My store's couponers tend fall in two categories
  • Old white ladies who have too many cats and use their coupons on that
  • Asian resellers who buy the travel stuff.

If I had a travel sizer couponer come to my lane, I would play very dumb. First ask for the coupons. Then I would say "These coupons say no travel size. What exactly is a travel size?" I would then grab every item and ask them "Is this a travel size?'' "What actually constitutes a travel size?" "If you think about it, aren't we all like small tubes of [looks at label] .75oz toothpaste in a jumbo-sized world?". Would say it very calmly and matter-of-factly. No emotion, no smiling or laughing.

Crest white strips: "Boy, your teeth must be really yellow. Smile for me honey."
Deodorant: "Man, I know how you feel. Sometimes my pits really stink on hot days; I go through a tube every two days. Wanna see my hairy pits? I was made in with US with Italian parts, doncha know?"
Olay: "Sorry, that won't get rid of THOSE wrinkles. There is a great cosmetic dermatologist in one of the office towers across the street though."

I have people try the old "Two transactions for multiple coupons" bit. They already have a red card, a cartwheel and what have you. The only thing they DON'T have is a member discount. But I'm sure they'd find a way. I know some women will try to use their husband's member card. I have to tell them calmly but politely... that we don't accept more then four for the same coupon per day. It's our policy as a company. They get huffy sure... but Jesus.

I have people try the old "Two transactions for multiple coupons" bit. They already have a red card, a cartwheel and what have you. The only thing they DON'T have is a member discount. But I'm sure they'd find a way. I know some women will try to use their husband's member card. I have to tell them calmly but politely... that we don't accept more then four for the same coupon per day. It's our policy as a company. They get huffy sure... but Jesus.
What is a "member card"? If you're referring to the employee discount, it's perfectly fine for a wife to use her husband's employee discount...

What is a "member card"? If you're referring to the employee discount, it's perfectly fine for a wife to use her husband's employee discount...
I know it's not against the rules or anything. I'm just surprised people haven't gone to the extreme of marrying a Target Employee just for a discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back