Archived Angry "Extreme" couponers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love for her to come through my lane. Anyone who has me ring up their items, and then pulls out a wad of coupons is going to have me void their entire order, and then have me re-ring up one item at a time followed by using the coupon for that item to ensure the coupons are for the right item, and don't make us pay them for the item (ie. $5 off a $3 item is a no-go, and in that video it seems the cashier just scanned and hit K1 rather than K4->K1->enter $3 to make it free).

I suspect she'd probably leave in a huff the moment I voided the entire order and insisted on ringing it all up one item at a time followed by the coupon for that item.

The manfs enable most of this behavior because of d-coding. If they'd actually use a DIFFERENT code for each item type, it would stop Jaime & her ilk in their tracks. It wouldn't stop ALL fraud but it would eliminate a significant amount.
Manfs can't use the excuse that it's too arduous to do with the sophisticated programs in use today. Heck, the lego booster used a small scanner to scan cheap sets, print out the UPC, slapped it on the $200 sets before heading to a newb cashier.

Last edited:
In the video posted, the lack of d-coding would change nothing. That cashier was hitting K1 to "Accept Anyway" like mad.

We had two the other day, a brother/sister team. All HBA stuff. Very rude too. Closing cashier did not leave until 11:30 even though she was supposed to leave at 11. LOD eventually told them the computers were shutting down and kicked them out.

One thing the scammers have been doing in our area is to buy all the hba and then "forget" they have coupons so their original receipt looks fine for returns later. We no longer do no receipt returns for most of the hba stuff, and decline gift receipts for a large amount of hba returns. Since we started cracking down, the couponers go to the store 10 miles north of us to do their shady stuff. All couponers now avoid me like the plague because I'm strict on them and my gsas and gstls back me up. Most will find me to ask if a coupon is legitimate (if AP isn't around) because I worked retail for so long and know what to look for.

We certainly will do no-receipt returns for HBA items, but only when it's a single item or 2-3 or so. A guest walking up and saying they bought the wrong kind of lotion (say hand instead of face, etc.) will have us return it with no issue. A guest dumping out 20 things of toothpaste is going to be kindly told to gtfo.

We have a elderly guest that is awful. She tries to pass off fresh meat coupons for frozen meat, she dose ad matches with ads that are either out of date or not real (she calls them a insert but its obvious she printed them on a computer), then she keeps journals on which cashiers at different stores in the area do what she wants and which don't. I am always on my toes when she comes in but others just give her what she wants. If this tells you anything Walmart banned her yet we won't.

I have a new one... We now ACCEPT OLIVE GARDEN COUPONS, Yes you did read that right.

A guest, came to a FA in my area, and demanded a "Manager" when they denied her using a olive garden coupon, to buy pizza hut express pasta. LOD comes over, and just says, give it to her. I think the funnier part was, it was expired, but still. For some reason, I found it quite amusing.

I guess Target really does accept any coupon now, literally.

Why? So she can return all of the stuff later, I'm sure, judging by the coupons.

Awh, No. Retail Girl. Jaime doesn't return, she just's worse. Skip to 4 Minutes. Every Single Freakin Coupon is K1'D. Not a single item is purchased for the actual coupon.

@oath2order Your store AP, must be horrible. So many memos were sent out about her, and I'm just shocked she was even able to walk in without getting arrested.

She has been trespassed from Target, for almost 3 years now. Legally, she's not allowed on ANY Target property. She needs to be detained the moment she walks in, and cops should be called.

What's really bothering me here is the person with the camera at the end craming herself in the area behind the register. If ANY guest does that at my store, AP is all over that shit.

I have a new one... We now ACCEPT OLIVE GARDEN COUPONS, Yes you did read that right.

A guest, came to a FA in my area, and demanded a "Manager" when they denied her using a olive garden coupon, to buy pizza hut express pasta. LOD comes over, and just says, give it to her. I think the funnier part was, it was expired, but still. For some reason, I found it quite amusing.

We took a twenty percent Lowe's coupon.

I just had a guest try and do a whole bunch of missed coupons for high value HBA items I let it go for one order, and then shut it down and told her she needed to go back to the original store for the next ones. She was not happy, but I didn't particularly care.

Hmm, none of our Sr. TL's would accept that, our ETL-LOG'd laugh in her face. ETL-GE/SF'd respond ike the Sr. TL's. ETL-HR and STL though....yeah...they might give it to the guest. Wouldn't shock me at all, they both lack a backbone.

The SR. TL I like the most plays dumb, pretends to try and do things and says it won't let him when he decides he doesn't want to do it for whatever reason.

The ETL-LOG is the only one who'll just laugh at guests though and when they get angry and demand to get the DTL's # tells them they aren't privy to that info.

Last edited:
The Target coupon policy has been updated again! Here's what's new:

What is the difference between “per purchase” and “per transaction” when using coupons?

One coupon per purchase means you're using one coupon per item being purchased. You can use multiples of the same coupon as long as each coupon has a matching item.

One coupon per transaction means you can use only one specific coupon per store transaction. You can't use more than one same coupon, even if you're buying multiple items.​

How can I tell if Target will accept my manufacturer coupon?

Target will accept your manufacturer coupon, as long as printed limitations and requirements are met. Keep in mind:​
    • Manufacturer coupons can be accepted at the register even if they don't clearly indicate who the manufacturer is, or if they indicate the name of another retailer.
    • If a coupon states "Manufacturer Coupon," it's redeemable anywhere (including Target), even if the coupon states, "Redeemable at Kroger, Cub, etc." (or any other retailer).
    • Manufacturer coupons that are found on the Internet and printed are accepted.
    • Target doesn't accept manufacturer "rebate" coupons.

Sounds like a change in verbiage, not an actual change in what we will/won't accept.

Sounds like a change in verbiage, not an actual change in what we will/won't accept.

For some stores, it's a change. I know some stores were not accepting coupons that say "Redeemable at Walmart" on them. The per purchase/per transaction verbiage is just nice to have for clarification.

Really? We always have, they're manufacturer coupons, they're the equivalent of the coupons that print from our catalina printers, those are redeemable at other stores so long as they're manufacturer. We just say they're redeemable at Target as a form of encouragement to use them at Target.

Like everything else in my store, it depends on who's watching the front. The TL who is acting as GSTL until they hire or promote someone has no clue about our coupon policy. She has said and done so many ridiculous things I've lost count.
I don't understand the last part about rebate coupons. What are they?

I'm not sure I understand that part either actually.

The only rebates I see often are Enfamil $5.00 rebate checks, but we do take those, but they are used as a form of payment and entered into the check reader, they're not actually coupons.

My guess is that they mean rebates...some of them look like coupons...they'll be in the Sunday morning coupons or on things like bottles of liquor. And they look really similar to coupons, but when you read the top, instead of manufacturer coupon, it will say rebate. Why they are calling them rebate coupons though, is beyond me.

Rebate coupons use to be mailed in with UPC code cut from box and a dated cash register receipt. Don't know if it's still this way.

My guess is that they mean rebates...some of them look like coupons...they'll be in the Sunday morning coupons or on things like bottles of liquor. And they look really similar to coupons, but when you read the top, instead of manufacturer coupon, it will say rebate. Why they are calling them rebate coupons though, is beyond me.

This. They're not coupons. Rebates generally have to be mailed in, or else they're checks like for Emfamil and Similac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back