Archived Compliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but if your leaders like you they will just tell you to submit a punch correction and it will be swept under the rug. Compliance is one of the easiest #s to fudge. You have to be stupid to get written up/termed for it.

It was a honest mistake one was Xmas eve I stood too late n second was I had no coverage so I went late

Yes, but if your leaders like you they will just tell you to submit a punch correction and it will be swept under the rug. Compliance is one of the easiest #s to fudge. You have to be stupid to get written up/termed for it.
Usually il fix it but I think they wanna ding me on something

When I violated, I followed up with my ETL-HR only to find out that the compliance report for that day was never generated.

If you know you'll be late for your meal, do an end meal rather than a begin. Then take your 30 and go back to work. Then say you forgot to begin meal punch

And then risk getting fired rather than getting a CA.

Don't be late for your meal. Not be late and play stupid.

If I caught a TM doing as suggested and it was up to me, they wouldn't get coached or get a CA, they'd be fired, immediately.

I don't care what mistake you made, if you try and hide it after the fact you deserve to be termed.

When I violated, I followed up with my ETL-HR only to find out that the compliance report for that day was never generated.
But it usually generates ..
I'm just saying I made a simple mistake and now I got a ca I just think that's ridiculous n they fix punches all the time but since I'm señor its a problem. If they would have been on floor on a Monday in the middle of bounce back with only two tl"s no tm maybe I wouldn't have slipped. Instead all my etl's were in a meeting for about 5 -6 hours

Falsifying paperwork can get you fired right off.
At my store two TL got fired for it pretty much for covering times they worked on their break.
Of course they were doing what had been done plenty of times before but the ETLs wanted to get rid of them bla bla bla that's the way it works at Spot.

Falsifying paperwork can get you fired right off.
At my store two TL got fired for it pretty much for covering times they worked on their break.
Of course they were doing what had been done plenty of times before but the ETLs wanted to get rid of them bla bla bla that's the way it works at Spot.
Exactly but if I get fired for missing a punch n no one else get it I'm gonna go above my store cuz I know plenty of ppl who get their punches fixed by our hr etl herself yet she gave me a ca today

Compliance twice in the same week definitely deserves a CA. I've never hit compliance once in two years. It's not hard to avoid.

First was cuz I didn't know it's every ) hours I thought only first 6 hours second was my fault thought u came in at 730 but it was 7 my schedule is all over the place not to mention it was hard to get coverage but il take that hit that was my fault.
I guve you props for not going into compliance in two years that's amazing ! In my store going into compliance is very easy and happen to many

Even if you "don't have anybody to cover you" unless the LOD promises to take the hit for you going into compliance (and I might even get that in writing) you should just tell them you are going and go.
At this poi nt set your watch and walk away from whatever you are doing at least 15 minutes before you are going to go into compliance.

Yes def have my alarm set and I will be going no matter what!

There's just no reason to ever go into compliance. My store's usually pretty good at getting someone to cover my breaks, but if they didn't I'd just walk away and announce I was clocking out before I'd go into compliance because I know it's a big deal and has legal ramifications for Target in some states.

Nearly two years as gsa and I have never gone into compliance or let any of my cashiers/GSTMs hit compliance. If you are getting close, walk away.

And never falsify paperwork. You can be fired immediately for that, so don't even pretend that is an option.

in my 7+ years at target (all of which at the front end) i've never once hit compliance. Get on a walkie, say you're going to lunch and need someone to cover because you're going to hit compliance. There just isn't a reason to not take your lunch. If i think coverage is going to be an issue (because there's no way I can leave the front end uncovered) I go to the TL's well before my lunch time to see who is going to cover it.

Since we don't get alerts with sounds anymore, it has made us all pay more attention to when we have to go on our meal. We have also told the cashiers that if it's getting close to them hitting compliance and we have forgotten to send them, then flip that light on immediately.

Never falsify a record. Take the heat if you have to and let your etl figure out what has to be done and what has to be talked about.

in my 9yrs at Target I have never hit compliance even once. I have made sure I got on my breaks and when I moved to the check lanes my GSTLs and GSAs love me because I always ensure everyone gets their breaks on time or close to it without going into compliance.

I hit compliance once during my time with spot. I was working an 11 hour plano shift, and didn't time my break quite right. In retrospect I totally was not thinking at all. I brought it up with my ETL-HR and her only response was "Oh don't even worry about it, just don't hit it again I don't want to cca you." and that was the end of it

I have hit compliance once ( since they started keeping track of it ....back in the day we could work eight hours and never take a lunch). Our store has a 5 hour rule...you take your lunch on or near your 5th hour. That way even if you are stopped by a guest etc you still have some time to play with. If Spot wants to take me down...it will have to be for something other than not taking my lunch on time . :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back