Archived Coverage Availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoWork

Probably a Sociopath
When I was hired, HR had told me coverage would be available in six months. She was wrong. I called the hotline at the six month mark, and was told it was a year. Seemed like they really ignorant regarding coverage.

How will I be notified of my eligibility? Is this something I'd have to actively pursue? My current insurance from my self employment is prohibitively expensive, so I'm looking into alternatives.

When I was hired, HR had told me coverage would be available in six months. She was wrong. I called the hotline at the six month mark, and was told it was a year. Seemed like they really ignorant regarding coverage.

How will I be notified of my eligibility? Is this something I'd have to actively pursue? My current insurance from my self employment is prohibitively expensive, so I'm looking into alternatives.
Open availability comes once a year. They will inundate you with papers if you are eligible.

Open availability comes once a year. They will inundate you with papers if you are eligible.

The hell? I was under the impression you could sign up whenever after your one year mark. Thanks.

From target pay site:
As a Target Stores Team Member, you are eligible for:

At date of hire:
  •  Team Member Discount
  •  Team Member LifeResources
  •  NurseLine
  •  Travel Accident

At 6 months* if you average 19.5-29.49 hours per week:
  •  Vacation- You begin to accrue and can start using vacation
  •  Sick Hours (CA, HI, NJ, NY, RI)
  •  Bereavement (Funeral) Pay

At 6 months* if you average 29.5 hours or more per week:
  •  Vacation- You begin to accrue and can start using vacation
  •  Sick Hours (CA, HI, NJ, NY, RI)
  •  Bereavement (Funeral) Pay
  •  Personal Holidays (up to 2 days)- You begin to accrue and can start using personal holiday time
  •  National Holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas)

Additional benefits at 12 months* if you average 19.5-29.49 hours per week:
  •  Dental
  •  Daycare Flexible Spending Account (Daycare FSA)
  •  Group Legal Plan
  •  Adoption Assistance
  •  Life Insurance (Target Paid, Supplemental, Spouse/Domestic Partner and Dependent Life)
  •  Short-Term Disability (team members in California, Hawaii**, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island have disability insurance through their state Disability Program, not through Target’s Short-Term Disability Plan)
  •  Long-Term Disability

Additional benefits at 12 months* if you average 29.5 or more hours per week:
  •  Medical
  •  Dental
  •  Vision Eyewear Plan, available with medical enrollment
  •  Life Insurance (Target Paid, Supplemental, Spouse/Domestic Partner and Dependent Life)
  •  Short-Term Disability (team members in California, Hawaii**, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island have disability insurance through their state’s Disability Program, not through Target’s Short-Term Disability Plan).

•  Long-Term Disability
  •  Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (Healthcare FSA)
  •  Daycare Flexible Spending Account (Daycare FSA)
  •  Group Legal Plan
  •  Adoption Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back