Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes!! So very strange. All of my Target people talked about how strange it was to see me not in red and khaki.

My store team (outside of ETLs) have been very supportive. They all know it's hard on us, but we're still friends. The Target team has been talking to me about how ridiculous the policies are- no breakroom usage, no volunteer events, etc. They still want us to be a part of their team. It makes me sad how divisive the two companies are trying to make this.

Wow, no breakroom usage & no volunteer events either? What are they going to do, write you up for putting your purse away or trying to help out little Johnny at the local preschool with the rest of your STORE TEAM? Because no matter who is cutting your check, the fact is you are still working inside a Target and I think it's a little discomforting that CVS is trying to make that go away. Keep y'all in your little CVS cage. Target TMs can't even "fraternize" with you anymore. No more Target discount. It all makes for a pretty shitty deal if you ask me.

W
Yes, we will start clocking in via the computers in pharmacy. I think that starts on January 31. That's the date that Target stops processing our payroll and CVS starts processing it.
will you lose your TM discount too?

My question:
I currently have my scripts at Target. I have a stand-alone CVS just up the road from my house. I take I should just transfer my scripts to that CVS.

With the Target Pharmacy Rewards program ended, will CVS @ Target be utilizing the CVS Rewards Program?

Last edited:
How does this affect your 401k, insurance, retirement, etc.?
We stay on the Target insurance until January 30. On January 31 we will be automatically enrolled in a comparable CVS health plan and then we will have 30 days to change our coverage. We will be able to roll over our 401k to the CVS 401k, but we haven't received any info on that yet. I'm guessing that's going to happen by January 31 also. That seems to be the magical date where Target will cut all ties with us. My pension is just going to be paid out within 30 days.

As for volunteer events, my HR told me that we are still going to volunteer with them because CVS cannot dictate our off the clock activites. I was so excited to hear that from her :D

My question:
I currently have my scripts at Target. I have a stand-alone CVS just up the road from my house. I take I should just transfer my scripts to that CVS.

With the Target Pharmacy Rewards program ended, CVS @ Target will be utilizing the CVS Rewards Program?
Correct. Anything filled before we officially switch will be counted towards the CVS program.

will you lose your TM discount too?
We get to keep our discount as long as we stay within the CVS at Target stores. Newly hired team members will not receive a Target discount. As silly as it seems, losing the Target discount would have been a deal breaker for a lot of us.

We get to keep our discount as long as we stay within the CVS at Target stores. Newly hired team members will not receive a Target discount. As silly as it seems, losing the Target discount would have been a deal breaker for a lot of us.
That's actually wrong....it looks like ALL "CVS within Target" personnel will get the discount until TARGET decides to take it away from us, but CVS has to agree to it...

12.6 Target Discounts. As part of the consideration between Target and CVS, and not as a third party benefit to any other person or persons, Target may, from and after the Effective Date and for so long as it may elect to do so, grant Pharmacy Personnel (including spouses and/or dependents of such employees consistent with Target’s standard discount policy) a discount at all Target Stores from customary retail prices offered by Target, all in accordance with such rules as to qualification, procedure, amount and restrictions as may be established from time to time by Target to govern employee discounts authorized by Target to its own employees on merchandise and services sold by Target. CVS may decline the consideration provided in this Section 12.6 by giving prior written notice to Target. To facilitate the provision of the discount, CVS shall provide the data and information set forth in ExhibitD.

Exhibit D
Target Discounts
To help Target accurately execute on its obligation to provide the discount described in Section 12.6 of the Agreement, CVS will provide Target with a monthly file feed containing the information listed below, as well as such other information that Target may reasonably require:

name and identifying number for all active Pharmacy Personnel,

name and identifying number for all Pharmacy Personnel hired by CVS during the preceding month,

name and identifying number for all Pharmacy Personnel whose employment terminated during the preceding month.

Man if I lose that discount I'm gonna start shopping at Freddy's then. Our clothing line isn't THAT good.

That's actually wrong....it looks like ALL "CVS within Target" personnel will get the discount until TARGET decides to take it away from us, but CVS has to agree to it...
I'm sorry about the misinformation. I was going off of the information in the "You and CVS at Target" document that I received on November 30. The only information in that document about us losing the discount is if we leave the CVS at Target stores. There was no mention of CVS being able to take the discount away. I would hope that wouldn't happen.

Last edited:
I'm sorry about the misinformation. I was going off of the information I received in the "You and CVS at Target" document that I received on November 30. The only information in that document about us losing the discount is if we leave the CVS at Target stores. There was no mention of CVS being able to take the discount away. I would hope that wouldn't happen.
No worries....I was surprised when I read it as well. :cool: We've been hearing from Day 1 that if we kept the discount, it would only apply to existing TMs as well, but I don't see why Target would need info on "Pharmacy Personnel hired by CVS within the last month" if they didn't get it as well???

What's confusing to me is the verbiage they use, though....."Target may....grant...." but "CVS may decline consideration???" To me, it sounds like either of them can end it...:(:confused:

No worries....I was surprised when I read it as well. :cool: We've been hearing from Day 1 that if we kept the discount, it would only apply to existing TMs as well, but I don't see why Target would need info on "Pharmacy Personnel hired by CVS within the last month" if they didn't get it as well???

What's confusing to me is the verbiage they use, though....."Target may....grant...." but "CVS may decline consideration???" To me, it sounds like either of them can end it...:(:confused:
Warning to all CVS workers. Don't let someone use your Target discount that isn't allowed. When you worked for Target it was just a HR policy write up. Since you don't work for Target you could be arrested and charged with stealing.

Warning to all CVS workers. Don't let someone use your Target discount that isn't allowed. When you worked for Target it was just a HR policy write up. Since you don't work for Target you could be arrested and charged with stealing.

I don't understand how this change suddenly makes improper discount usage a criminal matter.

I don't let anyone else use my discount, so I'm not too worried about that. It does seem rather extreme to have someone arrested for that!

Arrested.... LOL :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back